Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3800

1       2       3              3800      
       3802              4355       4356       end

anthonysemone
Total Posts: 4572

You all are just so good!!! I'll post up here an offering that, while trying to learn to track incoming commercial jets at KPHL on my newly acquired 7D and 400/5.6, for some reason(s), this is the only capture that intrigued me as worth putting up here. For me it calls to mind the days of yore when, while living in PNS, I took my children to Werhan Aviation at KPNS, walked amongst the GA a/c there, looked inside them, or, when I began training, got the keys, sat my guys in the Cherokee 140's, well..... it ain't that way anymore. I took my grandson couple years ago to an airfield not but 7 miles from where I live now. I asked the Mahaff behind the desk if I could go out "on the line" to show him the a/c up close and personal - Mahaff's response is this picture....

USM IS
Total Posts: 1249

tom cardin wrote:
Jim: When you sell your lenses, does the talent come with them? That is a beauty of a Great Blue. You have to have had the lens right there.

Tom

I bought a MKIV body off Mr. Wilson and I think some of the talent wore into the grips and came off when I held it, I am shooting better, and I needed too.......I could never pan at 1/40th of a second before then!

Mike

The Wind in Your Face by barbed wire photography, on Flickr

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

astrobrian

Playing in the grass til the sun goes down....

ultrarunner
Total Posts: 204

Great pic dad. And a great analogy. I'll always remember those days looking at planes in PNS. I'm glad I'll have access to the 'air side' to show our little ones the real side of aviation...

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3466

Got to hang my feet out the side of the Remos today for an unusual A2A. The Bücker Jungmann is local, flown by a proper Dutchman. The RV-8 came through here yesterday and the Bücker's owner called me up to arrange a shoot early this morning. The RV-8 is wearing the livery of the Royal Netherlands Air Force training squadron and is owned by a USAF special ops pilot home from a deployment.

Pretty good looking pair, though it wasn't easy to get the RV-8 slow enough and flog the Bücker fast enough to stay in formation.

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16230

Thanks for the speaker tips guys. I'm extremely pleased with the towers that Glenn and I put in HQ, but this is a different application, out in the hangar. I'm guessing that the heat/cold, humidity would eat those beauties up in short order.

I went to Magnolia (closed my eyes as I walked by the 60" 4K flat screen) listened to a half dozen exterior speakers and walked out with the AW6500S units. I'll hook them up, run a little "This Old Guitar" through them and make a keep/return decision at that point. I'll do that after church tomorrow.

Tom, you bet, whatever meager talent I possess, some will come with every lens, guaranteed!

Mike, you're very kind my friend, but I'm thinking that talent was within you all along, you just needed some equipment that would allow you to exercise it. Beautiful image by the way.

Worked all day around the hangar doing little things that I've wanted to do for months. Lots more of that to do, but I'm moving in the right direction. Gotta finish painting the staircase and get it carpeted. Meant to warm the Cub up but got so immersed in my to do list that it never left the hangar. Thinking about the new residents kind of got me in the mood to finish off some details.

Tony, you are so right my friend. It's a much different world from the one in which we learned to fly. A shame for sure, but it is what it is as they say. That's why I've gone to the other side of the fence a number of times and brought folks like you back to HQ for a close up experience. Imagine the fun of that when there's a Mustang behind the hangar door.

gerov
Total Posts: 8664

We had a bit of weather coming through, so I set my 5DmkII and 24-105 on a tripod and set the camera at 15" @ f/8 on an intervalometer set at 17 seconds. This was the prize for my efforts

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3099

Two thumbs up Zim! I'd love to have those mountains to work with around here!

david russell
Total Posts: 749

stevez wrote:
Got to hang my feet out the side of the Remos today for an unusual A2A. The Bücker Jungmann is local, flown by a proper Dutchman. The RV-8 came through here yesterday and the Bücker's owner called me up to arrange a shoot early this morning. The RV-8 is wearing the livery of the Royal Netherlands Air Force training squadron and is owned by a USAF special ops pilot home from a deployment.

Pretty good looking pair, though it wasn't easy to get the RV-8 slow enough and flog the Bücker fast enough to stay in formation.

Nice work Steve. I've got a number of pics of Doedo's Jungmann both before and after the engine swap from when he used to announce his arrival at Boulder with a flyby.. Neat plane...zippers and all.

Edit: plane model

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1909

We had a regulation monsoon storm hit the metro-Phoenix area this afternoon/evening. Here is what was facing commercial pilots departing KPHX.

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3638

Zimmm ehhhhh what!!! have to check on the livery the rv looks like the old PC7 trainer livery now they are black with a yellow stripe,the Bucker I don't know never saw something like that before but it looks good.

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3466

Jan-Arie wrote:
Zimmm ehhhhh what!!! have to check on the livery the rv looks like the old PC7 trainer livery now they are black with a yellow stripe,the Bucker I don't know never saw something like that before but it looks good.

I knew these would get a rise out of you, J-A.

You're right, the RV-8 is painted to match the old Dutch PC-7 trainers.

@David: It's a Jungmann; the Jungmeister is slightly larger and has a round engine.

@Jeff: That is just otherworldly. Spectacular!

JWilsonphoto

Nice work Zim!

Welcome Ultrarunner! Your Dad is a treasure, it's a privilege to have him as a charter member here.

Beautiful displays of God's handiwork and power Jeff and Gero!!

DanNehmer
Total Posts: 274

Jeff and Gero,

Awesome atmospherics! Very nice, love both of them.

Dan

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1909

Thanks for the kind comments Dan, Jim & Steve. After the countless days of clear skies and sunshine, it is fun change of pace to photograph in stormy weather. If nothing else, the cloud formations in the image below certainly helped me to put some lipstick on this pig

JWilsonphoto

It takes quite a talent to make a shipping tube look that good!

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4552

Nice A2A Zim!

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3638

stevez wrote:
Jan-Arie wrote:

I knew these would get a rise out of you, J-A.

You're right, the RV-8 is painted to match the old Dutch PC-7 trainers.

@David: It's a Jungmann; the Jungmeister is slightly larger and has a round engine.

@Jeff: That is just otherworldly. Spectacular!

Great great great I posted Steve's photo on the airforce photoflight site.
And the Owner of the Bucker Doedo Schipper told that the Bucker was flown in Holland before WW2 by Gerben Sonderman Testpilot for Fokker Aircraft and one of the few that flew the twin engined Fokker G1 fighter in the early years of the war.
The Bucker was flown in this livery in 1938 at the Eelde Aerobatic Competition just gained a little piece of dutch aviation history not known to me very cool..

astrobrian

JWilsonphoto wrote:

Worked all day around the hangar doing little things that I've wanted to do for months. Lots more of that to do, but I'm moving in the right direction.

It's a never ending job, but the right direction is always a good thing. It's been 2 years since my mom passed, and I am only just now getting some things around the house pointed in the direction they once were. It takes time, but we all get there in time in our own way. God tends to sort the rest out

1       2       3              3800      
       3802              4355       4356       end