/forum/topic/600984/3799

1       2       3              3799      
       3801              4872       4873       end

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19072

Same scenario here.................

JWilsonphoto

This guy wasn't the least bit intimidated...............

JWilsonphoto

skipping across the lake...............

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2634

Paying my weekly visit to the thread. Looks like I have at least another 6 weeks of commuting to & from London. I'm not even trying to keep pace with what's going on.

After work I'm trying to make the most of the opportunity of being in London and do the tourist stuff. Last Thursday I visited the Shard.

I also picked up a Fuji X100s. What a great little camera. I've only used it to shoot jpegs so far, but the jpegs are nice straight out of the camera.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1228107

JWilsonphoto

Don't remember if I mentioned it, but I had one of my OWC RAID Array's go toes up about a month ago. 16TB capacity. This same unit had difficulty a year ago as well and they replaced a board or something. They still have it and are befuddled by whatever has taken place, which, in turn, befuddles me. Yesterday they emailed me to tell me they were still dinking with it, but it's still not right. A good customer service move would have been to send me a new unit several weeks ago, but there's no sign of that, even now.

I started thinking about it last night, OWC doesn't make a Thunderbolt interface array yet which kind of makes me scratch my head. Thunderbolt will spoil you in a hurry, and the bigger the files and folders, the more spoiled you become. I went to B&H and ordered my sixth Drobo 5D, bringing my Drobo storage capacity up to 120TB. I'm thinking I'll just standardize my storage with Drobo units. They have been pretty much trouble free and set up correctly, offer great protection and speedy transfer back and forth. Whatever growing pains Drobo went through sometime back, seem to be cleared up. Now I wish someone would come out with a five or six TB drive

Razor17
Total Posts: 465

astrobrian wrote:
Ok I know the P-61, what the Jap one, a Kamakazi drone?

That is a Baka, a one way ride...

futurshox
Total Posts: 2754

Sometimes, I come upon a story and wonder how I never heard about it before. This is one such; a Russian lady pilot: http://www.honoraryunsubscribe.com/nadezhda_popova.html

nickjohnson
Total Posts: 972

Thanks Lady Jo. A good read and a timely reminder of how easy my life is now thanks to all those who fought against the Nazis.

Aviationbuff
Total Posts: 698

The CAF Dixie Wing's rare Douglas SBD-5 Dauntless:

JWilsonphoto

Nice shot Chris.

JWilsonphoto

Audiophiles in the family, any experience with Definitive Technologies and their AW6500S speakers? I'm finally getting around to revamping the sound system out in the hangar. From the reviews that I've read, it sounds like they might be perfect for that application. Just discovered that Magnolia (pricey Best Buy) supposedly stocks them.

Ernie Aubert
Total Posts: 4742

Jim, I used to be something of an audiophile. I'd recommend investigating Legacy Audio:
http://www.legacyaudio.com/

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4775

Tannoy is also a popular brand in the pro ranks. You'll find them in many studios and most mobile units.

http://www.tannoy.com/

tom cardin
Total Posts: 1991

Jim: When you sell your lenses, does the talent come with them? That is a beauty of a Great Blue. You have to have had the lens right there.

Tom

anthonysemone
Total Posts: 5270

You all are just so good!!! I'll post up here an offering that, while trying to learn to track incoming commercial jets at KPHL on my newly acquired 7D and 400/5.6, for some reason(s), this is the only capture that intrigued me as worth putting up here. For me it calls to mind the days of yore when, while living in PNS, I took my children to Werhan Aviation at KPNS, walked amongst the GA a/c there, looked inside them, or, when I began training, got the keys, sat my guys in the Cherokee 140's, well..... it ain't that way anymore. I took my grandson couple years ago to an airfield not but 7 miles from where I live now. I asked the Mahaff behind the desk if I could go out "on the line" to show him the a/c up close and personal - Mahaff's response is this picture....

USM IS
Total Posts: 1683

tom cardin wrote:
Jim: When you sell your lenses, does the talent come with them? That is a beauty of a Great Blue. You have to have had the lens right there.

Tom

I bought a MKIV body off Mr. Wilson and I think some of the talent wore into the grips and came off when I held it, I am shooting better, and I needed too.......I could never pan at 1/40th of a second before then!

Mike

The Wind in Your Face by barbed wire photography, on Flickr

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

Playing in the grass til the sun goes down....

ultrarunner
Total Posts: 216

Great pic dad. And a great analogy. I'll always remember those days looking at planes in PNS. I'm glad I'll have access to the 'air side' to show our little ones the real side of aviation...

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4071

Got to hang my feet out the side of the Remos today for an unusual A2A. The Bücker Jungmann is local, flown by a proper Dutchman. The RV-8 came through here yesterday and the Bücker's owner called me up to arrange a shoot early this morning. The RV-8 is wearing the livery of the Royal Netherlands Air Force training squadron and is owned by a USAF special ops pilot home from a deployment.

Pretty good looking pair, though it wasn't easy to get the RV-8 slow enough and flog the Bücker fast enough to stay in formation.

1       2       3              3799      
       3801              4872       4873       end