Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3799

1       2       3              3799      
       3801              4531       4532       end

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3835

Four badasses blazing into Oklahoma City for the Sundance Airshow...

Glenn

Wrei
Total Posts: 2939

Andrew's Giles just won't fly straight and level.

Aero_70
Total Posts: 90

Friday night I drove up into the N GA mountains to find some dark skies.
I was hoping to get some shots of meteors. The meteors never showed up but to my surprise something else did. I couldn't see the road signs in this picture and definitely never saw the deer across the road from me. The hard shadow in front of me is from a pole light at a farm about 3/4 mile away.

6D, 24mm, ISO 6400, f4 30 seconds.

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4094

Nice one Paul

Mig 29 Polish AF tracking eye
Solturk
Turkish F4E Phantom Helmet on top of the ejection seat

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4082

J-A, that last one really works!

Glenn Watson

A question for Nik in Lightroom users - when i edit a photo in Nik anything it moves the image to the end of the filmstrip when it comes back into lightroom - is there a way to make it not do this?

Glenn

Glenn Watson

Skip Stewart anybody?

Glenn

ELinder
Total Posts: 1070

Glenn Watson wrote:
A question for Nik in Lightroom users - when i edit a photo in Nik anything it moves the image to the end of the filmstrip when it comes back into lightroom - is there a way to make it not do this?

Glenn

You can select how it sorts the images in that filmstrip on the bottom. I have it set to file name, and it slots the Nik images in but adds "-Edit.tiff" to the file name.

Oh, and Wow!

Erich

ViewFinder35
Total Posts: 84

Wingspar wrote:
This was taken back in 2003 with a new D100 and a cheap lens. Id been away from photography for a good number of years at this time, and my post processing skills have improved since I did this. I just looked thru the folder of photos from that day, and I might reprocess this one, and a few more from that day.

This is a replica of a Hughes Air Racer built only a few miles from where I took this photo. Unfortunately, the aircraft was destroyed and the owner/builder killed a year or so after I took this photo. This was the first fly-in the aircraft was flown to after being built.

________
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Nikon stuff

Gary, this is a great picture!

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19263

Dear Paul,

Love that GA mountain nights cape. I'm thinking I'd love it more if the shadow wasn't in the middle of that serpentine road with the great yellow strip. Just a cool mood to the image.

JWilsonphoto

As if yesterday's activities weren't enough, I was asked to spearhead what will be a very high profile aviation related video production. Not only was the request a humbling honor, it is most likely the largest single assignment that I've ever been given. My head has been swimming with clips that I want to produce, story line, personal interviews, ever since. Obviously a bit out of my wheelhouse, but I wouldn't consider not giving my all to this production.

I've already made the decision to capture the raw footage in 4K, no reason not to. One of the clips I keep envisioning is a 4K rendition of the Talon lit by a Texas dusk and the runway lights at AFW, oh yeah, and the glow of the burners, Ya feel me......?!

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4082

ELinder wrote:
Glenn Watson wrote:

Glenn

You can select how it sorts the images in that filmstrip on the bottom. I have it set to file name, and it slots the Nik images in but adds "-Edit.tiff" to the file name.

Oh, and Wow!

Erich

And I sort by Capture Time, which should give similar results.

Oh, and Wow!

Glenn Watson

Thanks Erich and Stevez - thats been annoying since day 1 of using Nik stuff!

Glenn

Glenn Watson

Glenn

JWilsonphoto

Outstanding Glenn!

Looks like I'm going to do a shoot with Adam and the Extra in the near future. I think he has all of his sponsor decals on the aircraft now.

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 2444

Terrific work as always Glenn.

Here is something more my 'vintage'

Glenn Watson

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Outstanding Glenn!

Looks like I'm going to do a shoot with Adam and the Extra in the near future. I think he has all of his sponsor decals on the aircraft now.

You mean Shake n Bake?? Need a photo ship?

JWilsonphoto

Abso Ya Ya!

Aero_70
Total Posts: 90

Jan-Aire, I love the BW helmet shot

Thanks Jim and congrats on the new assignment! That was my first real attempt at long exposure night shots. In that picture the camera wasn't even on the tripod yet. Just sitting on the dash of my car as I tried to get some settings worked out. I was surprised at just how much light the 6D consumes in 30 seconds! I couldn't see anything except the silhouette of the mountains around the valley that I was in.
Here are my 6 picks from the night.
http://paul-links.smugmug.com/Other/5242014NoMeteorShower/

On an aviation note I went out to the Peachtree Dekalb Good Neighbor Airshow a few weekends ago. I have a new found respect for the panning skills you guys have. In bright light its easy get get super fast shutter speeds and sharp images. It was an overcast day and I tried to slow my shutter speed down to get some pretty prop discs. That put a big dent in my keeper rate.

futurshox
Total Posts: 2775

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Never been much of a drinker, I think the brew I had with Lady Jo a few years back was the first in decades, and the last since.

I was, and remain, honoured

1       2       3              3799      
       3801              4531       4532       end