Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3794

1       2       3              3794      
       3796              4837       4838       end

ELinder
Total Posts: 960

Glenn, love that last dreamy light air-air.
Brian, awesome evening show shots!

Erich

JDE1
Total Posts: 24

For Sale, maybe?

ELinder

From the Gathering of Eagles airshow at Lost Nation airport in Ohio on Sunday. The proceeds of the show went to helping fund the B-29 Doc restoration to flight worthy status. The B-17 Sentimental Journey, B-25s Panchito and Yankee Warrior were fairly busy doing ride flights. Unfortunately, Journey didn't do a photo pass. She did however do a number of bomb runs on the airfield.

Erich

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4039

Welcome Liz great photo

The Horseman Flying Spitfire's Mk Vb

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

Nice Spits J-A

Jan-Arie

Thanks Brian

TR Mk IX

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 18834

Does anyone know where this Spit is based. We have a partner whose Dad flew it in WWII and we want to find it, and or find one and restore it in his Dad's scheme. I know the brain trust can find it. It's in the UK I believe.........

ImperfectSense
Total Posts: 10

Looks like the BBMF LF.IXc MK356, it now wears a silver paint job and the designation UF-Q.

http://www.raf.mod.uk/bbmf/theaircraft/spitfiremk356.cfm

http://www.deroeck.co.uk/planes/Spitfire-Mk-IX-21V-01.html

Jan-Arie

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Does anyone know where this Spit is based. We have a partner whose Dad flew it in WWII and we want to find it, and or find one and restore it in his Dad's scheme. I know the brain trust can find it. It's in the UK I believe.........

Liz is right Jim.
Spitfire MK356 (Mk LFIXe) is flying with the BBMF

Here is one from the files 2004
The BBMF is stationed at RAF Coningsby

Donald Gray
Total Posts: 2306

Tears come to my eyes when I see Spitfires. They remind me so much of the Battle of Britain. I am so, so grateful to those young pilots who went in against the odds and kept my country free of the tyranny of nazis.

Thank you Jan-Arie

Donald Gray
Total Posts: 2306

Yeovilton Photo Call aka White Ensign day

Silly shutter speed - nearly worked for me...

1/50 second

1/30 sec

ELinder

Great Apache! Why do other counties show off their Apaches flying so much more often than the US does?

It was very cool to see this FM-2 Wildcat flying at Lost Nation.

Erich

Wrei
Total Posts: 2906

Donald Gray wrote:
Tears come to my eyes when I see Spitfires. They remind me so much of the Battle of Britain. I am so, so grateful to those young pilots who went in against the odds and kept my country free of the tyranny of nazis.

Thank you Jan-Arie

Truly an amazing and very dedicated group of flyers who fought toe to toe against a very experienced and lethal force... and never backed down. And enough cannot be said for R. J. Mitchell, the Supermarine Spitfire designer! I love that wing design!

Angry
Total Posts: 1216

Hi Guys,

Looks like the big trip is getting closer.

Im planning on attanding MA2A reunion/gettogether at HQ, & then Alliance. Jim has told me the the Hampton Hotel seems to be a popular choice , anyone else staying there ??
My first time stateside so i might ned a little guidence.
Any tips for gear ??, Im thinking about bringing my 1D4 & 70-200f2.8 & my 5D3 & 100-400, also my 24-105.
Thinking that bringing my 300f2.8 all the way from Australia might be too much weight, ( I'll already be loaded down with Violet Crumble Bars for Jim) might hire a 300f2.8 for the weekend ...
Is it expensive to hire a car form Dallas to HQ & for the weekend ?? Im flying out of Dallas on the tuesday.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Angry

I think Fred Miranda should be congratulated on installing the "Like" button on this forum.
However given the qulaity of images being posted here may the "Like" button needs an upgrade multiple buttons,....
perhaps to,..Like,...Love......WOW !......Holy Cow !...

JA, Glen & Brian ,....WOW ,...keep all that coming...to Liz....what an entrance ...

See you guys in a few months.

Al

Razor17
Total Posts: 465

Glenn Watson wrote:
Had to travel north to Ennis/Waxahachie to find the water filled holes Lady Jo!

This one was even deep enough for a boat apparently!

Well done, it that Lake Bardwell by Ennis or Lake Waxahachie by me??

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 8808

I'm a bit perturbed today, the substitute instructor today was telling me that in order to qualify as a panning shot, I had to shoot flying aircraft at 1/60th or slower or it's not panning. yes? no? I showed him these images and he said no the backgrounds are only blurry due to DOF..

Angry

laura,

Me thinks Substitute instructor mistakes Pan Blur for Bokeh...

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4056

ImperfectSense wrote:F7F Tigercat over the Southern Idaho Warbird Festival in Grangeville, ID.

I told you they'd like this one, Liz!

Welcome to our little corner of the web...

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4056

NightOwl Cat wrote:
I'm a bit perturbed today, the substitute instructor today was telling me that in order to qualify as a panning shot, I had to shoot flying aircraft at 1/60th or slower or it's not panning. yes? no? I showed him these images and he said no the backgrounds are only blurry due to DOF..

He's flat wrong, Laura, and you can quote me. Sheesh.

You can get panning blur at any reasonable shutter speed if the subject's moving fast enough across your field of view; and I see panning blur in every one of your shots.

1       2       3              3794      
       3796              4837       4838       end