/forum/topic/600984/3794

1       2       3              3794      
       3796              4344       4345       end

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Well Hiya Liz!

Nice opening salvo!

Lurking for three years and then hits us with that, talk about good things come to those who wait.

Edit TOPP: Nothing like knowing a local Congressman is flying in an airshow

msalvetti
Total Posts: 2873

J_Glowacki wrote:
Well we all know the airshow season was a bust this year but for those in south east MASS who are jonesing for a small fix this may be enough to scratch that itch for now.......... just came across this from Mike Goulian.

http://mikegoulian.com/latest/news-category/pym-airshow

Sounds like a nice intimate affair for those who wish to crane their necks this summer.....

Thanks! I might actually try for that. And it's a Saturday, so no Cape traffic driving home!

Mark

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16221

Hi Eddie Ray,

A bucholic scene for sure. We had a great day together. I can 't begin to tell you how much I enjoy spending time with you all. Even a simple shoot and a breakfast at Mickey D's is a pleasure when it's with one of you. I look forward to more of it

astrobrian

More Aeroshell...

ImperfectSense
Total Posts: 10

Thanks guys, I can't thank Historic Flight enough for the opportunities to shoot such beautiful aircraft.

USM IS
Total Posts: 1249

ImperfectSense wrote:
Historic Flight Foundation's F7F Tigercat over the Southern Idaho Warbird Festival in Grangeville, ID.

'Bad Kitty' by Liz Matzelle

Nice Kitty!

Mike

ELinder
Total Posts: 511

Glenn, love that last dreamy light air-air.
Brian, awesome evening show shots!

Erich

JDE1
Total Posts: 23

For Sale, maybe?

ELinder

From the Gathering of Eagles airshow at Lost Nation airport in Ohio on Sunday. The proceeds of the show went to helping fund the B-29 Doc restoration to flight worthy status. The B-17 Sentimental Journey, B-25s Panchito and Yankee Warrior were fairly busy doing ride flights. Unfortunately, Journey didn't do a photo pass. She did however do a number of bomb runs on the airfield.

Erich

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3613

Welcome Liz great photo

The Horseman Flying Spitfire's Mk Vb

astrobrian

Nice Spits J-A

Jan-Arie

Thanks Brian

TR Mk IX

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16221

Does anyone know where this Spit is based. We have a partner whose Dad flew it in WWII and we want to find it, and or find one and restore it in his Dad's scheme. I know the brain trust can find it. It's in the UK I believe.........

ImperfectSense
Total Posts: 10

Looks like the BBMF LF.IXc MK356, it now wears a silver paint job and the designation UF-Q.

http://www.raf.mod.uk/bbmf/theaircraft/spitfiremk356.cfm

http://www.deroeck.co.uk/planes/Spitfire-Mk-IX-21V-01.html

Jan-Arie

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Does anyone know where this Spit is based. We have a partner whose Dad flew it in WWII and we want to find it, and or find one and restore it in his Dad's scheme. I know the brain trust can find it. It's in the UK I believe.........

Liz is right Jim.
Spitfire MK356 (Mk LFIXe) is flying with the BBMF

Here is one from the files 2004
The BBMF is stationed at RAF Coningsby

Donald Gray
Total Posts: 2286

Tears come to my eyes when I see Spitfires. They remind me so much of the Battle of Britain. I am so, so grateful to those young pilots who went in against the odds and kept my country free of the tyranny of nazis.

Thank you Jan-Arie

Donald Gray
Total Posts: 2286

Yeovilton Photo Call aka White Ensign day

Silly shutter speed - nearly worked for me...

1/50 second

1/30 sec

ELinder

Great Apache! Why do other counties show off their Apaches flying so much more often than the US does?

It was very cool to see this FM-2 Wildcat flying at Lost Nation.

Erich

Wrei
Total Posts: 2242

Donald Gray wrote:
Tears come to my eyes when I see Spitfires. They remind me so much of the Battle of Britain. I am so, so grateful to those young pilots who went in against the odds and kept my country free of the tyranny of nazis.

Thank you Jan-Arie

Truly an amazing and very dedicated group of flyers who fought toe to toe against a very experienced and lethal force... and never backed down. And enough cannot be said for R. J. Mitchell, the Supermarine Spitfire designer! I love that wing design!

Angry
Total Posts: 1210

Hi Guys,

Looks like the big trip is getting closer.

Im planning on attanding MA2A reunion/gettogether at HQ, & then Alliance. Jim has told me the the Hampton Hotel seems to be a popular choice , anyone else staying there ??
My first time stateside so i might ned a little guidence.
Any tips for gear ??, Im thinking about bringing my 1D4 & 70-200f2.8 & my 5D3 & 100-400, also my 24-105.
Thinking that bringing my 300f2.8 all the way from Australia might be too much weight, ( I'll already be loaded down with Violet Crumble Bars for Jim) might hire a 300f2.8 for the weekend ...
Is it expensive to hire a car form Dallas to HQ & for the weekend ?? Im flying out of Dallas on the tuesday.

Any tips would be appreciated.

1       2       3              3794      
       3796              4344       4345       end