Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3793

1       2       3              3793      
3794
       3795              4529       4530       end

JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 19249
Country: United States

Toys are good!



FlyingPhotog
Registered: May 09, 2008
Total Posts: 4775
Country: United States

Keep On Cranking...



cbrandt
Registered: Aug 03, 2006
Total Posts: 1486
Country: United States

Horn Point Antique Fly-in was today ..

It was a beautiful day and a number of planes came in.

A father and son flew in ..

The son flew in on the wings of a 1989 WACO YMP








The father flew in on the wings of a 1929 Fairchild 71 ( one of only 2 flying in the United States / the World I'd guess ). Had a 6 year restoration and today had 30 hours on it.







Horst Aviation, LLC out of Lancaster, Pa



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 19249
Country: United States

What a nice father/son day!



viczig
Registered: Dec 28, 2004
Total Posts: 2385
Country: United States

A few more from Friday at the RI Airshow



viczig
Registered: Dec 28, 2004
Total Posts: 2385
Country: United States

These are from Saturday



Jeff W.
Registered: Feb 09, 2008
Total Posts: 2444
Country: United States

......



Donald Gray
Registered: Nov 12, 2005
Total Posts: 2306
Country: United Kingdom

Next to the Spitfire and Vulcan, the Harrier is one of my favourites. I love your PP on that image.



Donald Gray
Registered: Nov 12, 2005
Total Posts: 2306
Country: United Kingdom

Jim, Steve and all
I have just had the pleasure of playing catchup on many, many pages. Wow some staggering photos.

I notice that is some activity with GoPro cameras and DJI Phantom. Many of you may know that I have been playing with Multi-rotor craft. First off, with a DJI F450 quad and now a F550 hexcopter (6 props)

Jim, you mentioned a few days ago about hand held camera stabilisation. I have been messing about with a 3 axis stabiliser for the GoPro and have made a very crude handheld prototype unit.

I have also set up a long life battery system for the GoPro using the USB port with various power sources.

If anyone is interested in seeing the homebrew rig doing its thing

I have a short video on Youtube showing the handheld stabiliser in action:
http://youtu.be/UPJfIPgNaK0

And another showing the output from the GoPro
http://youtu.be/YQLOpkaYtV0

Shortly, I intend to mount the 3 axis gimbal on to my hexcopter.



futurshox
Registered: Feb 15, 2008
Total Posts: 2775
Country: United States

Change of plan. I won't be at Duxford this weekend. I am too sore to spend 4 hours in the car getting there; it would kill my back. Sorry folks...



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 19249
Country: United States

Welcome back Donald! Cool!!

What did you do to your back Jo? Hope you feel better quickly!



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 19249
Country: United States

Nikon missed their earnings estimate and it looks like the CEO is shaking things up. Lots of top brass are out on their collective ears. I'd help the cause if they'd come out with the D800s and a great 17mmPC!



Jeff W.
Registered: Feb 09, 2008
Total Posts: 2444
Country: United States

futurshox wrote:
Change of plan. I won't be at Duxford this weekend. I am too sore to spend 4 hours in the car getting there; it would kill my back. Sorry folks...


Jo, have you strained your back carrying Phil Makanna around at photo shoots again? You're just going to need to tell Phil to look over someone else's shoulder



msalvetti
Registered: Dec 20, 2003
Total Posts: 3166
Country: United States

viczig wrote:
These are from Saturday

Vic, welcome to MA2A! I think your RI Airshow photos were your first posts here? Sorry we didn't get you a more immediate welcome, weekends are sometimes a bit slow around here.

Looks like you had some nice weather in Saturday, certainly much better conditions than you had on Friday. I was there today; started out beautiful with some nice clouds for interesting backgrounds, but by the time the Blues flew the clouds were more numerous and lower, so they had to fly their low ceiling routine.

Please post more if you have them. I hope to have some of mine later this week.

Mark



futurshox
Registered: Feb 15, 2008
Total Posts: 2775
Country: United States

JWilsonphoto wrote

What did you do to your back Jo? Hope you feel better quickly!


It has been bad since my road trip in March. Turns out that two weeks of sitting in a Jeep does nothing good for sciatica-prone individuals. Progress is slow...



nickjohnson
Registered: Sep 15, 2009
Total Posts: 983
Country: United Kingdom

futurshox wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote

What did you do to your back Jo? Hope you feel better quickly!


It has been bad since my road trip in March. Turns out that two weeks of sitting in a Jeep does nothing good for sciatica-prone individuals. Progress is slow...

Dear Lady Jo, you have my deepest sympathy. Sciatica is horrible. The only crumb of comfort I can offer is that my specialist Doc told me that sciatica is one of the few conditions that get better as one gets older. That was twenty years ago and has proved to be the case. I've not had an attack for over ten years bent double stiffness, yes sciatic pain, no.
So you only have forty years to wait. In the meantime have a flower just because.



viczig
Registered: Dec 28, 2004
Total Posts: 2385
Country: United States

msalvetti wrote:
viczig wrote:
These are from Saturday

Vic, welcome to MA2A! I think your RI Airshow photos were your first posts here? Sorry we didn't get you a more immediate welcome, weekends are sometimes a bit slow around here.

Looks like you had some nice weather in Saturday, certainly much better conditions than you had on Friday. I was there today; started out beautiful with some nice clouds for interesting backgrounds, but by the time the Blues flew the clouds were more numerous and lower, so they had to fly their low ceiling routine.

Please post more if you have them. I hope to have some of mine later this week.

Mark



Hi Mark and thanks for the welcome. I have posted on MA2A in the past but only when there is a local to me airshow. Most of my recent posts have been on the wildlife board. I have more of the Blues on Saturday and will post them later in the week. Looking forward to seeing your images.

Vic



futurshox
Registered: Feb 15, 2008
Total Posts: 2775
Country: United States

nickjohnson wrote:

Dear Lady Jo, you have my deepest sympathy. Sciatica is horrible. The only crumb of comfort I can offer is that my specialist Doc told me that sciatica is one of the few conditions that get better as one gets older. That was twenty years ago and has proved to be the case. I've not had an attack for over ten years bent double stiffness, yes sciatic pain, no.
So you only have forty years to wait. In the meantime have a flower just because.



Thanks Nick, that is a lovely flower :-)
The annoying thing is that I got over the original bout of sciatica last year and was fine, running regularly etc. But they stopped holding the gym classes I went to earlier this year, and then the aforementioned long driving set it off again. Oh well.



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 19249
Country: United States

Sorry Jo, that's a pain. literally. I had it for about 8 months a few years ago and then it gradually just went away. Made schlepping my gear every day an extra challenge. Hope it goes away quickly!



futurshox
Registered: Feb 15, 2008
Total Posts: 2775
Country: United States

Thanks!



1       2       3              3793      
3794
       3795              4529       4530       end