Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3793

1       2       3              3793      
       3795              4345       4346       end

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3073

Had to travel north to Ennis/Waxahachie to find the water filled holes Lady Jo!

This one was even deep enough for a boat apparently!

Glenn Watson

Glenn

Glenn Watson

Slip right!

Glenn

Glenn Watson

Glenn

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

Glenn Watson wrote:
Better late than never Brian - the rockstar Aeroshell photo kicks ass dude!

Thanks

astrobrian

Love the pastel nature of that last one Glenn.

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16221

Holy Mackerel! I'm a half dozen pages behind the power curve. Guess I'll begin by being amazed, again, by Glenn's air to air imagery. Chas, what a wonderful experience! Those images of your Dad are just priceless, and I mean priceless! You will both carry the memories of that day with you forever, what a blessing.

Got back to Dallas about an hour ago. Driving that 40' RV with just about everything precious to me sitting in the back is a tremendous responsibility. On the way down I held up really well until just west of Tallahassee. We'd been in fairly heavy rain for five or six hours and then the typical Florida fog started to develop, so I parked and slept for four or five hours, then completed the drive. Coming home we rolled out of Ocala about 6, in fairly heavy rain, and I was fine until just east of New Orleans, then I knew it was time to take a break. Problem is, even though this is a really nice and really big RV, when your tare is six kids and three adults, my snoozing spot ends up to be the captain's chair I just spent 9 hours in. Bottom line is, they are all home safe and sound and that's all that really matters.

Now to reorganize and prepare for the 24 VP's that are flying in for portraits on Wednesday, beginning at 7am.

I had decided not to even attempt going to OSH, even gave my right seat spot away on Butch's King Air yesterday. Then I got this call from JR, "Hey Dad, let's go to Oshkosh and buy some warbirds!" Kind of hard to pass on quality father/son time............................ I'm going to make a quick trip out to The Fighter Factory to take a look at Gerry's B25 later this week, as I recall, it's in beautiful condition. HQ Thursday could be very interesting this year.

JWilsonphoto

Brian your Aeroshell images are spectacular! Nicely done!!

JWilsonphoto

Headed for the sack, keep up the great work!

Wrei
Total Posts: 2242

I like the way you hide big news Jim. Yada, yada, yada go buy some warbirds...yada, yada, yada quick trip to The Fighter Factory...yada, yada, yada, B-25...

Have fun with whatever happens!

astrobrian

Wrei wrote:
I like the way you hide big news Jim. Yada, yada, yada go buy some warbirds...yada, yada, yada quick trip to The Fighter Factory...yada, yada, yada, B-25...

No kidding!

Colin Giersberg
Total Posts: 2105

astrobrian wrote:
Love the pastel nature of that last one Glenn.

This is my favorite of the set as well.

ImperfectSense
Total Posts: 10

Historic Flight Foundation's F7F Tigercat over the Southern Idaho Warbird Festival in Grangeville, ID.

'Bad Kitty' by Liz Matzelle

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4546

Well Hiya Liz!

Nice opening salvo!

nickjohnson
Total Posts: 774

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Well Hiya Liz!

Nice opening salvo!

+1 .... more ..... please!

futurshox
Total Posts: 2415

Nice way to make an entrance! I like Tigercats

Oh and Jim?

Edit: The man said 'warbirds'. Plural. And we all know B-25s need something to chase them.... Right?

JWilsonphoto

Welcome Liz! Beautiful image of a beautiful aircraft!!

J_Glowacki
Total Posts: 309

Well we all know the airshow season was a bust this year but for those in south east MASS who are jonesing for a small fix this may be enough to scratch that itch for now.......... just came across this from Mike Goulian.

http://mikegoulian.com/latest/news-category/pym-airshow

Sounds like a nice intimate affair for those who wish to crane their necks this summer.....

JWilsonphoto

Good Morning Everyone!

I have no idea how this all might unfold, but it's fun to think about. We'll see. As usual, God's in complete control and His plans are always bigger and different from mine. I'm very content to stand with my hands in my pockets until He directs my path re: all of this. "Weebeesee!"

One thing that I can tell you is, one's thought processes change. For the past 32 years my default thought process has been, "how does this or that create business opportunities?" Everything I shoot, people that I am introduced to, situations that arise, I've made a habit out of thinking about how they relate to growing my business. Those are good habits and they have served me well, but for the moment, it's kind of nice to fly over a new construction project and not immediately default to "shoot it, process it, figure out who they are, how to contact them, do they already have a photographer? If so, how do I convince them that they aren't all that excited about their current supplier of imagery? That's the kind of thought process one must have, in any line of work, but especially the uber competitive field of commercial photography, to keep the pipeline full. It takes a lot of time and energy, might be kind of nice to ratchet that back just a bit and "breathe".

Wrei
Total Posts: 2242

Well Jim, if you have to stop and take a breath, that photo looks like a great location to 'stop and smell the roses' so to speak.

1       2       3              3793      
       3795              4345       4346       end