Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3778

1       2       3              3778      
       3780              4837       4838       end

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 2392

Here in AZ we were blessed today to have a Herc from the 302nd AW out of Colorado Springs come and join the fight. It is equipped with a Modular Airborne FireFighting System (MAFFS II). Three more 130's also equipped with MAFFS are scheduled to join the fight tomorrow. The Yarnell wildfire that killed the 19 firefighters is still not contained and we have many other wildfires going in various parts of the state. KIWA has become ground zero for much of the aerial assets fighting the various wildfires. Everything from BAE 146-200's, to DC-10's, to 130's, to Air Tractors, etc…

Herc with a Squirt

In the Belly of the Beast

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4775

Nice Jeff.

I'm hoping to get over there tomorrow.

Jeff W.

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Nice Jeff.

I'm hoping to get over there tomorrow.

Thanks Jay. I'm currently planning to be there tomorrow afternoon - clients willing. I hope to see you there. Bring some water or Gatorade; you know how hot it can get - even under that pagoda.

FlyingPhotog

Yepper. Appreciate the reminder.

gerov
Total Posts: 8992

Nice, Jeff. That's some serious looking machinery inside the Herc.

If you hadn't posted the second image, I was going to ask you if that Herc had a Hemi with that pipe sticking out of the back

Gero

Wrei
Total Posts: 2906

That C-130 reminds me of the nuclear powered B-36 project.

Jeff W.

Thanks Gero & Wrei. When one of my AzAP cohorts saw that image last night he was moved to offer a quote from the movie Ghostbusters:

"Why worry? Each one of us is carrying an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on his back."

futurshox
Total Posts: 2744

Interesting article on the BBC about flying the Blackbird, with stories I haven't heard before:
http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20130701-tales-from-the-blackbird-cockpit

david russell
Total Posts: 754

futurshox wrote:
Interesting article on the BBC about flying the Blackbird, with stories I haven't heard before:
http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20130701-tales-from-the-blackbird-cockpit

I like how he heated his food on the window glass. Somehow, I don't think that will translate to my Duo Discus.

Jeff W.

Tanker 910 rotating at KIWA…

FlyingPhotog

Excellent Jeff...

What's your approx focal length there?

Jeff W.

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Excellent Jeff...

What's your approx focal length there?

Thanks Jay, it means a bunch coming from you sir.

According to the EXIF the focal length was 210mm on my 5D3 ff sensor. I was using my 100-400L, but could have easily gotten away with my 70-200IIL. The only crop on this image was to perform a very minor adjustment to the horizontal level. Otherwise, this is the frame that came out of the camera - with artistic massaging of the pixels of course

cbrandt
Total Posts: 1486

Happy 4th of July folks -

Courtesy of Tom and Alice Blair of Easton, MD

http://www.chesapeakehome.com/2011/06/09/st-michaels-estate/

Donald Gray
Total Posts: 2306

Happy 4th July fly out to all my American friends...

Behave yourselves & if y'all pay all your back taxes to Her Britannic Majesty's Government & no more nonsense about wasting tea in Boston Harbour; that you take up cricket and stop wearing body armour when playing rugby etc, then we might, just might consider allowing y'all back in the Commonwealth - y'hear!

Donald Gray
Total Posts: 2306

JWilsonphoto wrote:
For our aspiring pros in the group, today was another chapter in my as yet unwritten book, "So You Want To Be a Pro?!"

[big snip]

A dozen executive portraits tomorrow beginning at 7 am and I'm cranking up for the 4th.

... and he still finds time for MA2A and his loving family ...

Edit for TOPP:

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 18834

Sir Donald, don't know what I'd do without you all! We've kind of been through thick and thin over the years. and, nice!!! shot by the way!!!

Knocked out those portraits and I'm done for the week. Been researching and discovering a number of really cool companies that weren't in existence when I did the refurb on 877JW. We're commissioning an east coast design firm to keep coming up with paint schemes until we holler "uncle", and I think we've found a paint and interior shop in San Marcos that will exceed our expectations (and that's not easy!). We're rolling now!

Hi Slug! I'm afraid that is the sum total of what I'll be able to tell anyone about the 74 project. Well and that it has several waterfalls/waterwalls incorporated into the interior design. Actually, if I told you the rest, no one would believe it anyway.

Bryan Martin is doing his first solo free fall on Friday morning. I'm going to hop in the Cub at dawn and go shoot that experience for him.......from the ground..............!

nickjohnson
Total Posts: 958

Donald Gray wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
For our aspiring pros in the group, today was another chapter in my as yet unwritten book, "So You Want To Be a Pro?!"

[big snip]

A dozen executive portraits tomorrow beginning at 7 am and I'm cranking up for the 4th.

... and he still finds time for MA2A and his loving family ...

Edit for TOPP:

That Sir is a low blow.

You know darn well that all aviation photos from we two are under embargo until Friday week. So all I have is a miserable wind turbine by way of retaliation. Anyway I understand that the line up for Yeovilton is looking not bad – although the Swiss F18 is a no show I understand.

futurshox

Miserable or not, there's nice light on those turbines :-)

futurshox

JWilsonphoto wrote:
paint and interior shop in San Marcos

Hi Slug! I'm afraid that is the sum total of what I'll be able to tell anyone about the 74 project.

I know a fine place for lunch in San Marcos, the Orangemobile is at your service ;-)

But you just can't keep dropping these teasers on us!!!

nickjohnson
Total Posts: 958

futurshox wrote:
Miserable or not, there's nice light on those turbines :-)

Why Thank You Lady Jo …... have a flower – just because.

1       2       3              3778      
       3780              4837       4838       end