/forum/topic/600984/3777

1       2       3              3777      
       3779              4533       4534       end

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4084

Two Vampires are better than one!

Wrei
Total Posts: 2939

Sorry to hear that Ken, will say a prayer for the family.

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4084

"Gentlemen, you have a race."

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19270

Nice work everyone!

Yesterday was wonderful, mid 80's light winds and a great party. Chandler and I started out the day early flying r/c, then quickly shifting to 1:1. We began right after sunrise and wrapped up in the dark. Hands down one of the best days on record..........

JWilsonphoto

JR gave me a loaded Phantom set up in a beautiful case, including a full HD monitor and a 3 axis gimbal mount. A few flights had me researching prop guards and wider/taller landing gear. Suffice it to say I won't be threading it through the forest for a while.

JWilsonphoto

And the vittles were outstanding, Texas fare at it's best! Sheila and Jennifer put on a heck of a spread..........

JWilsonphoto

The day was not without some mis-haps, fortunately they were r/c scale. Chandler was feeling so skilled with our Carbon Cub mini, that he was doing back to back loops.............................uh, until he wasn't.

Wrei
Total Posts: 2939

Glad you had a great weekend Jim, you deserve it given your work schedule. Your weekend should help remind all why we work hard for our family. (Looks like a Duck Commander gathering...er, minus the hair and beards.)

JWilsonphoto

Thanks Wrei! I was very cognizant of the blessings that overflowed yesterday, and every day.

Here's the 3D version.......................

DanNehmer
Total Posts: 313

Jim,

What a wonderful weekend with the family. Thanks for sharing some of it with us through pictures.

Dan

Razor17
Total Posts: 465

Did anybody make it out to Chino this weekend for there show??

JWilsonphoto

We put together Chandler's big present this afternoon.................

JWilsonphoto

We stopped by the r/c park not fr from the hangar and got all the info. Chandler and I will be members of the AMA and the Richardson R/C club by early next week. I've got him set up with an instructor to buddy box with him until he's comfortable. We both decided that we wold rather not make a $600 hole out behind the hangar

JWilsonphoto

Thanks for enjoying it with me Dan!

JWilsonphoto

Yesterday's activities brought an opportunity that I consider a great privilege, taking someone for their first aircraft ride...................

JWilsonphoto

A first Cub flight...................

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4775

Thanks for sharing your celebratory pics with us Shooter!

futurshox
Total Posts: 2777

Welcome to the Phantom club, Jim!

There's a house being built two lots up from us right now. They just started framing it last week. I flew my Phantom over the top of it on Friday night to get the aerial perspective. Thought the workmen had gone by the time I went over there, but found them all sitting in a group next to the house. As soon as I took off, they had cameras out, taking pictures of the quadcopter; they were most entertained! Luckily it was a nice calm evening and I didn't embarrass myself flying it ;-)

JWilsonphoto

Thanks Jo. I ordered the wider gear, a set of back up props and the prop protectors last night. My gimbal is acting a little weird, the GoPro continuously pops from level to 45 degrees down, then back up. I removed the mount and am going to reinstall it this week and troubleshoot it. The 8" HD monitor is going to be really cool. How long did it take you to get comfortable flying it? I need to get some tips from you and Zim, he seemed to be an expert with his right off the bat. The Phantom is so stable in the hover I can certainly see why he just reached up and grasped a leg, seems perfectly safe to me, and circumvents landing in dust and uneven ground. It sure does sound like you have the world's largest swarm of bees mad at you!

JWilsonphoto

You're welcome Jay, glad you enjoyed them, it was just an outstanding day.

1       2       3              3777      
       3779              4533       4534       end