Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3776

1       2       3              3776      
3777
       3778              4378       4379       end

JDE1
Registered: Jun 25, 2013
Total Posts: 23
Country: United States

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Here's a sad commentary on where aviation photography is commercially speaking. Beechcraft, whose single engine product bumps 3/4 of a million dollars, has these images on their site, to entice the buyer. Not only are they mediocre at best, the photographer, the graphics department/ad agency, nobody, even cared enough to remove the sensor dust.

I went to take one last look around at the choices prior to our meeting with Cessna this afternoon, and was underwhelmed by the photography.


Good grief! And somebody paid money for those? If I took a photo that looked that bad I think I'd burn the memory card & smash the camera.

Jerry

Edit for top



cbrandt
Registered: Aug 03, 2006
Total Posts: 1486
Country: United States

Thanks Wrei -- we'll see how it goes



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 16333
Country: United States

And I'd respect you for doing that Jerry!



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 16333
Country: United States

While we're on the subject, mediocrity is endemic (as if we didn't know) here's the imagery a major interior fabricator is using to highlight their fine craftsmanship! And folks wonder why business is slow...........

One can look at this in several ways:

The world is our oyster, everyone needs us.....

The world just no longer recognizes quality, and doesn't want to pay for it anyway.

The iPhone is actually a camera.............



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 16333
Country: United States

Wow!, Just Wow! ?? I wonder how they achieved the quality of light in these images??

Nice touch with the pillow though.



astrobrian
Registered: Sep 27, 2012
Total Posts: 827
Country: United States

Jim, you're making my eyes bleed today One can say this in their defense, if there is one, that we are quite spoiled on MA2A and have had our standards raised very high as a result. You should invite them on here to see what great shots look like.



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 16333
Country: United States

The gentleman who did my interior, Phil Trichler, has retired due to Parkinson's. I have not seen a nicer single engine piston interior in all my life. FLYING magazine called it "The better than better than new 182" after AOPA's "Better than new" promotion. Phil and his sweet wife are the dearest of people and they did it right, because that's the only way they knew how to do it. When I walked out to get in my plane upon completion, Phil and his wife had their hands on it and they were saying a prayer that God would bless it, keep me safe in it, and allow me many hours of enjoyment in His beautiful sky. That prayer was answered. Wish they could do our new one.



JDE1
Registered: Jun 25, 2013
Total Posts: 23
Country: United States

JWilsonphoto wrote:
While we're on the subject, mediocrity is endemic (as if we didn't know) here's the imagery a major interior fabricator is using to highlight their fine craftsmanship! And folks wonder why business is slow...........

One can look at this in several ways:

The world is our oyster, everyone needs us.....

The world just no longer recognizes quality, and doesn't want to pay for it anyway.

The iPhone is actually a camera.............


Sadly, I think its mostly your reason #2. I know a couple of people who buy images for various commercial uses and they often buy from microstock. And they've often told me, "Its cheap and its good enough."

Jerry



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 16333
Country: United States

I hear Ya Brian!



Jan-Arie
Registered: Dec 24, 2005
Total Posts: 3667
Country: Netherlands

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Here's a sad commentary on where aviation photography is commercially speaking. Beechcraft, whose single engine product bumps 3/4 of a million dollars, has these images on their site, to entice the buyer. Not only are they mediocre at best, the photographer, the graphics department/ad agency, nobody, even cared enough to remove the sensor dust.

I went to take one last look around at the choices prior to our meeting with Cessna this afternoon, and was underwhelmed by the photography.


Mmm Yes but aren't you buying a new one? I see some opportunity's on your horizon, you renewing their entire photo stock...



astrobrian
Registered: Sep 27, 2012
Total Posts: 827
Country: United States

Jan-Arie wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
Here's a sad commentary on where aviation photography is commercially speaking. Beechcraft, whose single engine product bumps 3/4 of a million dollars, has these images on their site, to entice the buyer. Not only are they mediocre at best, the photographer, the graphics department/ad agency, nobody, even cared enough to remove the sensor dust.

I went to take one last look around at the choices prior to our meeting with Cessna this afternoon, and was underwhelmed by the photography.


Mmm Yes but aren't you buying a new one? I see some opportunity's on your horizon, you renewing their entire photo stock...


BeechA2A?



stevezzzz
Registered: Aug 01, 2010
Total Posts: 3496
Country: United States

JWilsonphoto wrote:
While we're on the subject, mediocrity is endemic (as if we didn't know) here's the imagery a major interior fabricator is using to highlight their fine craftsmanship! And folks wonder why business is slow...........

One can look at this in several ways:

The world is our oyster, everyone needs us.....

The world just no longer recognizes quality, and doesn't want to pay for it anyway.

The iPhone is actually a camera.............


Can't you just see the check boxes on the image list:

- Upholstery Close-up: natural light, ten stop gradient top to bottom.

- Cabin Master Photo: on-camera flash, not leveled (we don't need no stinkin' tripod).


Check!



FlyingPhotog
Registered: May 09, 2008
Total Posts: 4576
Country: United States

Ok, I'm no expert but those "official" Beech shots are hideous...



futurshox
Registered: Feb 15, 2008
Total Posts: 2440
Country: United States

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Ok, I'm no expert but those "official" Beech shots are hideous...


I do believe I have seen better.




gerov
Registered: Nov 29, 2004
Total Posts: 8664
Country: United States

Jay,
I hear you. Did you notice your horizon is slightly off level

Gero



Zane Adams
Registered: Oct 26, 2011
Total Posts: 162
Country: United States

Caught a little Skycrane action on vacation in New Mexico last week.







FlyingPhotog
Registered: May 09, 2008
Total Posts: 4576
Country: United States

gerov wrote:
Jay,
I hear you. Did you notice your horizon is slightly off level

Gero


Phooey...

Guess I'll have to work on that...



mrkyle
Registered: Jul 06, 2008
Total Posts: 594
Country: United States

Speaking of just good enough . This image graced the inside of the Dayton Air Show Program.

Now I know how to get sharp images pretty much all the time and have full circle prop blur.

It looks good to me, not fake at all. How about you?


FIFI_bad by mrkyle229, on Flickr



Tim Adams
Registered: Jan 01, 2004
Total Posts: 2663
Country: United States

mrkyle wrote:
Speaking of just good enough . This image graced the inside of the Dayton Air Show Program.

Now I know how to get sharp images pretty much all the time and have full circle prop blur.

It looks good to me, not fake at all. How about you?


FIFI_bad by mrkyle229, on Flickr



Wow, words fail me.



astrobrian
Registered: Sep 27, 2012
Total Posts: 827
Country: United States

That would go well on "There I Fixed It"



1       2       3              3776      
3777
       3778              4378       4379       end