Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3776

1       2       3              3776      
       3778              4533       4534       end

Wrei
Total Posts: 2939

First time I saw a Beech Staggerwing...and it did aerobatics! Jason Newburg's new plane:

Colin Giersberg
Total Posts: 2264

I alway s love seeing the Staggerwing, and the Beechcraft Heritage Museum is 1 hour away from me, yet I only make it there once per year.

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

Some of my contributions from the Temple show.....

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3835

Probably old hat to everybody here, but finally bought an ND filter and yesterday was the first time using it in production. f/8 @ 1/50" in the middle of the day - awesome!

Glenn

Go4Long
Total Posts: 2014

Everyone needs a ND filter...i have a collection of them

gcbermejo
Total Posts: 66

Steve I think posted some images from Wanaka. Was hoping to get there myself but couldn't make NZ in time owing to work.
Was in the Nelson area though a couple of days ago though and stopped my the airstrip at Motueka, nice light, autumn colours, very busy little strip right beside the road, no high security fence.

PHL_6794 by gordonbermejo, on Flickr

PHL_6806 by gordonbermejo, on Flickr

PHL_6780 by gordonbermejo, on Flickr

gerov
Total Posts: 9030

Glenn Watson wrote:
Probably old hat to everybody here, but finally bought an ND filter and yesterday was the first time using it in production. f/8 @ 1/50" in the middle of the day - awesome!

Glenn

Fabulous, Glenn.

Wrei

Check this out, they are puttin' pilots in radio controlled sized jets!

futurshox
Total Posts: 2777

Aeronca Dreaming

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 2444

futurshox wrote:
Aeronca Dreaming

The previous page is filled with wonderful images that clearly show the MA2A talent pool; well done all.

@Jo - Your "Aeronca Dreaming" image has quickly become one of my all-time favorites. I'd love to know a little background on this photograph (i.e. location, history, etc). It seems to have a story. Well seen and captured young lady

WHOOPS! Edit for TOPP (more of my recent Harrier fixation):

nrferguson
Total Posts: 2457

OK club competition entry advice again. My F-18 shot got 9/10 so you are obviously giving good opinions! Next is the final print round of this year (Round 5) of my previous 8 entries I have had five 10 points and 2 x 9 1/2 so I need to go out on a high. Two prints allowed - female judge. Possibilities are from these four- to enter two aircraft seems a bit risky:
Niall

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4085

A pair of Duo Discus XL gliders jettisoning water ballast. Warbirds Over Wanaka 2014.

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 2444

@Nial - I'm torn between the "Pyramid Lake, Jasper" and "Twins on Wings" images. Either would be winners for me.

stevez wrote:
A pair of Duo Discus XL gliders jettisoning water ballast. Warbirds Over Wanaka 2014.

Wonderful image Steve. The mix of silhouette and reflection on the Discus fuselages is mesmerizing. These gliders are works of art; as presented in your photograph.

futurshox
Total Posts: 2777

Jeff W. wrote:
@Jo - Your "Aeronca Dreaming" image has quickly become one of my all-time favorites. I'd love to know a little background on this photograph (i.e. location, history, etc). It seems to have a story. Well seen and captured young lady

Thanks Jeff! I took that yesterday down at Kingsbury Aerodrome, near Seguin. It was their spring fly-in day so the hangar was emptied of aircraft, revealing a few stragglers inside, of which that was one. There was a wing in rib form laid out next to it. I'm assuming it's an Aeronca due to the window shape. And I assume it's in line to be restored... the frame looks like it has relative recent powder coating. Pioneer Flight Museum has a bunch of different things. Cool place.

nickjohnson
Total Posts: 991

nrferguson wrote:
OK club competition entry advice again. My F-18 shot got 9/10 so you are obviously giving good opinions! Next is the final print round of this year (Round 5) of my previous 8 entries I have had five 10 points and 2 x 9 1/2 so I need to go out on a high. Two prints allowed - female judge. Possibilities are from these four- to enter two aircraft seems a bit risky:
Niall

OK Niall – self goes into UK camera club judge mode – hear goes.

#1 Is very nice but the light is a little flat. Needs more sky “action” and a LOT of dust bunny re-work – top left.

#2 Is a nice grab shot – babies eye is the key. IMHO it needs a major crop – to square – anchored bottom right. Question – the skin texture looks a little noisy – Oh, and the sharpest part of the image is the woolly sleeve.

#3 Is a great shot for this thread and an almost sure fire fail for a comp. It suffers from “plastic model hanging from a kids bedroom celling” syndrome. It needs vapour / heat gello / something to make it look like it's moving.

#4 Is fine – nice shot – should have appeal. Warning – judge may critique due to an even number of subjects – two planes – two ladies – and so on.

carrg1954
Total Posts: 1262

nrferguson wrote:
Niall

Nial, fwiw 1 & 4

Wrei

This is Glenn's buddy Andrew Wright. This is the only part of his routine where I can get a sharp photo; straight and level on takeoff. The rest of the show he is messing with the roll, pitch or yaw.

kwbarnes
Total Posts: 286

There are reports that Eddie Andreini was involved in a crash during an airshow at Travis Air Force Base.

The accident happened a coupe of hours ago, and their are news reports that Eddie was killed in the accident.

Eddie was a nice guy, and will be missed by the local community. My thoughts go out to his family.

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4085

The Vampire uses a whole lot of runway...

1       2       3              3776      
       3778              4533       4534       end