Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3772

1       2       3              3772      
       3774              4836       4837       end

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 8807

If I can learn chemistry and A&P, you can learn that new aircraft Go get 'em!

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Thank you Colin! Now it's time to see if an old dog can actually learn new tricks.

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 8807

Fascinating story I came across in my morning reading.

http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/2013/06/28/granville-coggs-rhythm-life/K768mFNKuupv8i6Dx76naL/story.html

JDE1
Total Posts: 24

Donald Gray wrote:
Hi Jerry
If that image is one just by popping your head above the parapet, please pop up a bit higher. I can assure you that you will get a very warm welcome here and all the help you want.
. . . .
Welcome & greetings from Somerset UK

Your kind remarks gave me my first first laugh of the day. Thank you, sir.

Jerry

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 18832

Warm welcome indeed!

Dear Mike, Improve? Those are beautiful, you are nipping at the upper rungs of the craft, keep 'em coming.

Sir Donald, thank you for reminding us. Hats off to the British heroes that have long been our staunchest allies and closest friends.

Dear Laura, thanks for the vote of confidence. The choice came down to the PC12 and the Socata TBM 850. I chose the slower, but roomier PC after researching the two airplanes thoroughly. I figured cruise speeds of 260 to 280 knots would be plenty fast for my missions and the forgiving flight characteristics and stability of the Pilatus would give me the extra margin of safety and confidence that I always look for in an aircraft. This process will be fun!

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 18832

We have a light northerly flow this morning, very unusual here during the summer. I'm going to fire up the Cub and take advantage of it before the day heats up. Y'all have a wonderful weekend.

ELinder
Total Posts: 957

JWilsonphoto wrote:
JR and I resurrected the P51/Tucano debate today, the session adjourned without a resolution.

Debate, as in how are you gonna fit both in the hanger?

Erich

ELinder
Total Posts: 957

Man, so many great shots lately it's hard to single any out. Great job everyone!

Erich

USM IS
Total Posts: 1660

david russell wrote:
Oh, that last one rocks!

Thank you David.

Mike

JDE1
Total Posts: 24

Well, "Chuckie" is on her way to Tillamook now and FW190A-8 "White 11" (below) will be joining her "soon."

The prop was turning so slowly as the 190 essentially coasted along that blur was tough to catch, but given the choice between the overall composition and no blur, I chose composition (mainly the way the light was hitting some of the curved surfaces).

Jerry

USM IS

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Warm welcome indeed!

Dear Mike, Improve? Those are beautiful, you are nipping at the upper rungs of the craft, keep 'em coming.

Thank you very much Mr. Wilson

Mike

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

JWilsonphoto wrote: I figured cruise speeds of 260 to 280 knots would be plenty fast for my missions and the forgiving flight characteristics and stability of the Pilatus would give me the extra margin of safety and confidence that I always look for in an aircraft. This process will be fun!

So will this then be the start of the nationwide JWA2A tour? I could see there being a market for that easy.

astrobrian

JWilsonphoto wrote:
We have a light northerly flow this morning, very unusual here during the summer. I'm going to fire up the Cub and take advantage of it before the day heats up. Y'all have a wonderful weekend.

The people on the tv said it was a "cold front". Only getting up into the 90s today

astrobrian

ELinder wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
JR and I resurrected the P51/Tucano debate today, the session adjourned without a resolution.

Debate, as in how are you gonna fit both in the hanger?

Erich

At this rate he is going to need a couple extra hangars

astrobrian

USM IS wrote:
Been trying to improve........Mike

Like the Lowe's slogan, never stop improving. Well done on the blur.

msalvetti
Total Posts: 3111

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Fascinating story I came across in my morning reading.

http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/2013/06/28/granville-coggs-rhythm-life/K768mFNKuupv8i6Dx76naL/story.html

Nice story, Laura. Thanks for bringing it up.

Edit: Top of page, so I might was well briefly mention what I've been up to lately, since I'll be posting one of the few photos I've taken in the last couple of months.

My supervisor, Dick, recently retired after 43 years with our firm. And he's only 61. He meant a lot to many of us, and we needed to find an appropriate parting gift. He and his wife bought a condo with an ocean view on Nantasket Beach in Hull, MA, and he's been telling us that if we need him, he'll be on that beach. He's also fond of saying "The only easy day was yesterday" (although he was never a SEAL). So we decided to combine those two concepts.

In early June I got up around 4am and drove down to Hull a couple of mornings to try and catch a good sunrise. I added a few words and had MPIX print it on Fuji Pearl. Then we all signed the margins. I took my inspiration from Jim's Glenn Smith print.

It came out great, and Dick loved the gesture. Gave me a nice warm feeling that I was able to create something that clearly meant a lot to him. Here's the image:

Mark

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2602

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Looks like the Cub will have to go back on it's lift soon!

You can give me a tour in December.

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4039

Whoehoe back online i have a rocketship as pc install of win8 only took like 5 minutes now claning up the mess and take a shower

BillyBlaylock
Total Posts: 76

JDE1 wrote:
Well, "Chuckie" is on her way to Tillamook now and FW190A-8 "White 11" (below) will be joining her "soon."

The prop was turning so slowly as the 190 essentially coasted along that blur was tough to catch, but given the choice between the overall composition and no blur, I chose composition (mainly the way the light was hitting some of the curved surfaces).

Jerry

Great work Jerry! I think you will fit in here just fine!

USM IS

astrobrian wrote:
USM IS wrote:
Been trying to improve........Mike

Like the Lowe's slogan, never stop improving. Well done on the blur.

Thank you Brian, the keeper rate was pretty low, some I wished would have been sharp. But then I would be knowing what I was doing.

Mike

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4039

New PC goes like a bat out of hell
New Photoshop CC I like it already

Here is one for the Group one of my best night shots from Le Mans have a great weekend.

1       2       3              3772      
       3774              4836       4837       end