1       2       3              3765      
       3767              4531       4532       end

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19260

Have a great time this weekend Steven!

richhrly
Total Posts: 993

nrferguson wrote:
We're probably going on the Saturday. (My Brother-in-law from Dublin wants to do RIAT on the Saturday and Flying Legends on the Sunday - I'm up for it if he is!) I have the 500 Mk2 but it's a heavy beast (although I've just bought a monopod and Wimberly-type head to try with it) and prefer the 300 2.8 plus x2 extender.
Niall

I don't mind the weight (although I'm currently undergoing physio on my shoulder..), I normally take a 500mm mk1, but I'd like to see the IQ difference. On the Saturday I always go with my parents as a bit of a tradition, so I'm generally anchored to where ever they set up camp! Nearer the time we can try and sort it.

Here's a Tiffie from last year:

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 2444

JWilsonphoto wrote:
How did you like that new colt image Jeff? I thought that would capture your rancher's heart

Love that colt image Jim; all legs and full of life

I took my grandsons camping Friday night and got a reminder of why I love living in AZ. We've had little if any winter this year; a boon to tourism but our reservoirs are drawing down. At 4:00 AM we awoke to a gentle rain that slowly changed to snow. It is five days from May and we got caught in a snow storm with the white stuff blowing sideways 2-hours from my house. I got cold-feet (literally & figuratively) when I contemplated getting my big camera out in the storm, so I decided to risk the iPhone

These photos were taken when it was 28*F and getting colder by the minute. We had a blast

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19260

Cool Jeff! Priceless shot!!!

RobMoser
Total Posts: 871

Weird and challenging light at NAS Fort Worth...

Rob

Go4Long
Total Posts: 2012

Open Sesame by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

Colin Giersberg
Total Posts: 2264

Athens had one of their car shows today.

1933 Packard.

Colin Giersberg

Classic

Colin Giersberg

Corvette

Colin Giersberg

Super Sport.

Lookin' at you.

Colin Giersberg

Open Wide.

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4082

We thought Friday's sunset was pretty spectacular, but sunrise this morning was over the top. This, by the way, is the view from our room at the B&B: not too shabby, eh?

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4082

Our last outing in NZ was a guided nature walk to a secluded (and private) beach on the Otago Peninsula, where this fine fellow, a yellow-eyed penguin, guarded the footpath down to the beach. We gave him a wide berth and continued on down to the water, where we saw a number of Hooker's sea lions and more penguins, plus a good number of sea birds: gannets, waders, oyster catchers, Paradise ducks, shags and albatross.

There were some little blue penguins (that's what they're called) due to come ashore any minute as we were leaving the beach; we heard one calling from his burrow (they sleep ashore in holes in the ground, returning at dusk from a day of fishing: this guy had taken the day off, apparently) but saw none emerging from the water.

Marcia and I are sitting in the Air New Zealand lounge prior to boarding our flight from Auckland to SFO, and then to Denver. It was a great trip, and it finished with a weather gift: how fortunate that we ended the trip with this amazingly fine day instead of the nine consecutive days of rain we started out with.

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4093

That sunset Is a prize winner

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4093

Great year for a aviation tour:

Sun&Fun Florida X
ILA Berlin
La Ferte Alais FR Uk Loop Old Warden
Dutch Airforce openhouse
Fairford Uk
Fort Worth Alliance

Go4Long
Total Posts: 2012

Sounds like quite the tour Jan-Arie

The Other Side by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

nrferguson
Total Posts: 2448

richhrly wrote:
nrferguson wrote:
We're probably going on the Saturday. (My Brother-in-law from Dublin wants to do RIAT on the Saturday and Flying Legends on the Sunday - I'm up for it if he is!) I have the 500 Mk2 but it's a heavy beast (although I've just bought a monopod and Wimberly-type head to try with it) and prefer the 300 2.8 plus x2 extender.
Niall

I don't mind the weight (although I'm currently undergoing physio on my shoulder..), I normally take a 500mm mk1, but I'd like to see the IQ difference. On the Saturday I always go with my parents as a bit of a tradition, so I'm generally anchored to where ever they set up camp! Nearer the time we can try and sort it.

Here's a Tiffie from last year:

[]

Rich
We usually go for the Pimm's tent - we did it the first time the year that it poured with rain and were highly grateful for the marquee cover, loos on site etc (the food's not worth it) so have just carried on there. Here's my offering from 2013
Niall

futurshox
Total Posts: 2775

I'm still planning on going to the Duxford show on 24th May if anyone's up for it...

nrferguson
Total Posts: 2448

futurshox wrote:
I'm still planning on going to the Duxford show on 24th May if anyone's up for it...

I expect I'll be there (unless it's pouring!!)
Niall

richhrly
Total Posts: 993

nrferguson wrote:
futurshox wrote:

I expect I'll be there (unless it's pouring!!)
Niall

Will decide nearer the time... anything good there this year?

1       2       3              3765      
       3767              4531       4532       end