Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3764

1       2       3              3764      
       3766              4531       4532       end

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4082

richhrly wrote:

The business had 2 great years, and this one has started better than those! But I've taken a slight detour, and become what they call the "Photography Champion" at Triggertrap. I've been following the company since they were a kickstarter campaign, and a job opened up in Bristol that I just had to have a go at. Luckily they've given me freedom to keep shooting the shoots I want to hit, but having a "stable" job gives me the freedom to cut out the shoots I had to do just to worry about my bottom line. Best of both worlds I think! Plus laser triggers are really, really cool.

Nice work if you can get it, Rich! I've got a full set of Triggertrap kit coming to me from the Kickstarter campaign. Looking forward to wringing it out.

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2649

Airbus unveiled their newest aircraft this morning - a revolutionary GA aircraft.

http://m.airbus-group.com/airbusgroup/int/en/news/mediapackage.953ada3e-546f-49e8-a57f-ce931d8ce5f5.-E-Aircraft+Day+.html

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19260

I think they have one of those in the baggage compartment of the Prince's A330 that I'm shooting

JWilsonphoto

I'm not going to make it over to the JRB show unfortunately. This week has been filled with 4:30am departures, I'm beat and thinking about chilling at HQ this weekend.

Today began at 4, early dawn shoot, Tracon radar facility shoot after that, aerials from then til now. I have done four different assignments since I left home this morning. Productive, but exhausting. What a day to shoot aerials!

richhrly
Total Posts: 993

stevez wrote:
Nice work if you can get it, Rich! I've got a full set of Triggertrap kit coming to me from the Kickstarter campaign. Looking forward to wringing it out.

It's being put through its paces at the moment! I'm sure you got the Kickstarter update though, there are a few different shell casings kicking around the office, it's going to look very cool. Itching to get my hands on a working prototype!

nrferguson wrote:
So does that mean that you've moved to Bristol? It would be a longer commute than mine to Southampton three times a week, but my youngest daughter does Bristol from Crowthorne every couple of weeks! I'm hoping to get to more airshows this year (RIAT, Flying legends, etc etc plus Red Bull air races at Ascot and, of course, Farnborough, but I won't be able to shoot from my surgery car park any more as I left there last in spring year and took semi-retirement (so now commuting 20 times as far plus occasionally to London and Leeds!) Got more L glass and thinking about the fabled 1Dx replacement when it finally appears!
Niall

I moved to Bristol a couple of years ago now Niall, to be closer to BAE and Airbus offices here. I've been commuting a lot to London, which isn't too bad as my place isn't too far from the station here in Bristol. If you're going to RIAT let me know, I'm definitely down on the Saturday, and considering a Sunday trip too - going to wait to see on the final lineup before I buy a ticket for Sunday though. Everyone loves a bit of L glass, might rent the 500mm mk2 for RIAT this year to see if it's a decent bump over the mk1.

JWilsonphoto

Apple called me today to see if I would be interested in giving in store presentations on my Mac workflow as it relates to the business of photography. Something to consider, you know, "idle hands……" and all that

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 2444

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Apple called me today to see if I would be interested in giving in store presentations on my Mac workflow as it relates to the business of photography. Something to consider, you know, "idle hands……" and all that

Video your presentation Jim and then sell it as a training aid via the internet - either CD or straight download. I'd be the first in line to purchase

JWilsonphoto

Thanks for the vote of confidence Jeff, but your copy would be complimentary my friend. Besides, how could I charge a guy who is the guru of post processing?

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2649

JWilsonphoto wrote:
I think they have one of those in the baggage compartment of the Prince's A330 that I'm shooting

Today was the 1st flight.

It's an interesting concept - 2 seater electric fan powered aircraft. Fighter style seating layout. Currently limited to 30mins flight time due to battery life. Aiming for 1 hour.

Also, they are planning a 4 seat version that will have the electric fans as well as a conventional engine. Similar to how a Toyota Prius works. This would allow for take off and landings to be with the electric engines and cruise with the conventional engine.

Ultimate goal is a 70-90 seater powered by these hybrid engines with an endurance of around 3 hours - similar to current commuter aircraft but with much lower noise emissions and fuel burn.

JWilsonphoto

How did you like that new colt image Jeff? I thought that would capture your rancher's heart

JWilsonphoto

Sounds like Zim need's one to go with the Tesla!

JWilsonphoto

Chandler working his "Princess Steele"…………...

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4082

Our last day in New Zealand; a big cold front blew through midday yesterday with fierce winds and rain, leaving this...

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4093

Very Nice Steve have a good trip back

Go4Long
Total Posts: 2012

Rolling Left by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

Hopefully a bit of a comeback starting for me here, been out of pocket a bit. Today I met up with Lady Jo and a couple others at the AOPA fly in. Good times.

Razor17
Total Posts: 465

Jeff W. wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:

Video your presentation Jim and then sell it as a training aid via the internet - either CD or straight download. I'd be the first in line to purchase

Me #2...

nrferguson
Total Posts: 2448

richhrly wrote:
stevez wrote:

It's being put through its paces at the moment! I'm sure you got the Kickstarter update though, there are a few different shell casings kicking around the office, it's going to look very cool. Itching to get my hands on a working prototype!

nrferguson wrote:
So does that mean that you've moved to Bristol? It would be a longer commute than mine to Southampton three times a week, but my youngest daughter does Bristol from Crowthorne every couple of weeks! I'm hoping to get to more airshows this year (RIAT, Flying legends, etc etc plus Red Bull air races at Ascot and, of course, Farnborough, but I won't be able to shoot from my surgery car park any more as I left there last in spring year and took semi-retirement (so now commuting 20 times as far plus occasionally to London and Leeds!) Got more L glass and thinking about the fabled 1Dx replacement when it finally appears!
Niall

I moved to Bristol a couple of years ago now Niall, to be closer to BAE and Airbus offices here. I've been commuting a lot to London, which isn't too bad as my place isn't too far from the station here in Bristol. If you're going to RIAT let me know, I'm definitely down on the Saturday, and considering a Sunday trip too - going to wait to see on the final lineup before I buy a ticket for Sunday though. Everyone loves a bit of L glass, might rent the 500mm mk2 for RIAT this year to see if it's a decent bump over the mk1.

We're probably going on the Saturday. (My Brother-in-law from Dublin wants to do RIAT on the Saturday and Flying Legends on the Sunday - I'm up for it if he is!) I have the 500 Mk2 but it's a heavy beast (although I've just bought a monopod and Wimberly-type head to try with it) and prefer the 300 2.8 plus x2 extender.
Niall

Go4Long
Total Posts: 2012

Mig 17 by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

XL Jello Maker by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

Blue Diamons by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

Fire Breather by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

JWilsonphoto

Welcome back Brian!

1       2       3              3764      
       3766              4531       4532       end