Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3763

1       2       3              3763      
       3765              4305       4306       end

mrkyle
Total Posts: 594

ELinder wrote:
Matt, thank you so much for posting your experience with Jane and her crew on Friday. Especially thanks for posting the photo of you all standing in front of the airplane, Jane with a smile on her face. I saw it last night but didn't get the chance to post to the thread. Today during the 4 hour drive home thoughts about what happened and what we saw flashed thru my mind. But I also thought of that picture, and how obvious it was that she loved what she was doing.

Laura, you made that manual focus lens sing! Especially love the "very loose" formation photo with the Sabre. I'm downloading my cards now, hopefully I'll have the chance to post a few soon.

Erich

Erich,

Jane and everybody else involved with the operation obviously loved what they did and they were a fun bunch to hang out with for a little bit. I'm glad the image helped you balance good with the bad.

Meeting them has helped me with some insight that has not come through with a lot of the news stories I have been reading.

Here is one of the more balanced ones I have come across. News Link

Matt

ELinder
Total Posts: 474

During the first quick glance thru my Dayton images this one jumped out at me. First time I've been able to capture the roll effect this well. Woohoo!

Erich

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16102

That is a keeper for sure Erich!

JWilsonphoto

Hey, I've been so snowed under that I haven't thought to ask the ISAP'ers what you think of the new membership cards? I can't weigh in on the imagery, cuz I'm a little biased, but the card format, stock and design are all Larry Grace and Kevin Hong. I think they did an outstanding job! And yeah, I like the image pretty much.

JWilsonphoto

On the same subject, after months of trying to explain to the card company what I wanted for my business card, and a couple of false starts, well 1,000 to be exact, the final iteration arrived late Friday, and they are outstanding!!

Angry
Total Posts: 1210

well Jim,...let s see one ...

Always on the lookout for a great business card ...

Al

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7679

Not sure Jim, cause mine hasn't made it here yet. I'll let you know when it does

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Hey, I've been so snowed under that I haven't thought to ask the ISAP'ers what you think of the new membership cards? I can't weigh in on the imagery, cuz I'm a little biased, but the card format, stock and design are all Larry Grace and Kevin Hong. I think they did an outstanding job! And yeah, I like the image pretty much.

NightOwl Cat

Mike, Since this one was close to home, I brought it along both days. Like I said, nothing ventured, nothing gained. OOPS, that reminds me, I have another card to dump.

Mike Deep wrote:
Nice! I have the Tamron 300/2.8 and a bunch of other manual lenses, so I had to ask. I haven't been bold enough to take it to an air show yet, though.

NightOwl Cat

Thanks Erich, didn't see that loose formation till I started going through the images, then chuckled, and that title was the first thing that came to mind. Great capture on Mike Goulian!

ELinder wrote:
Matt, thank you so much for posting your experience with Jane and her crew on Friday. Especially thanks for posting the photo of you all standing in front of the airplane, Jane with a smile on her face. I saw it last night but didn't get the chance to post to the thread. Today during the 4 hour drive home thoughts about what happened and what we saw flashed thru my mind. But I also thought of that picture, and how obvious it was that she loved what she was doing.

Laura, you made that manual focus lens sing! Especially love the "very loose" formation photo with the Sabre. I'm downloading my cards now, hopefully I'll have the chance to post a few soon.

Erich

NightOwl Cat

My ride in the Huey was a little more daring than I thought it would be. I've never liked roller coasters, and when they started jinking around unexpectedly it caught me really off guard.

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1868

JWilsonphoto wrote:
On the same subject, after months of trying to explain to the card company what I wanted for my business card, and a couple of false starts, well 1,000 to be exact, the final iteration arrived late Friday, and they are outstanding!!

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd sure like to see what made the cut

USM IS
Total Posts: 1243

futurshox wrote:
I saw an update on FB about that... He deliberately ejected his canopy after his engine quit and threw oil over it, so he couldn't see! Glad he made it down in one piece.

Thanks for clarifying that. I am not a Facebook person, only checked his website which had no info. I did not have the camera on it as he was starting his run from far show right, then I saw the canopy go and I tend not to put a lens on something that is not looking to come out well. I guess I respect one's privacy to have a bad moment as much to themselves as possible. As he went by me 2/3 down the runway he was still very high and we were all VERY concerned. The motor which normally sounded superb was more like a Yugo on a good day. After he finally stopped they sent two ambulances and a fire truck down and many support vehicles. The announcer said Mr. Klatt wanted everyone to know he was fine, and had done more harm to himself shaving. Humor can go a long way.........

Mike

Leviathor
Total Posts: 192

MA2Aers, I have a KS-6 gyro for sale over in Buy & Sell. If any of the A2A family are interested, let me know and we can work out some special pricing.

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

Wow Erich, that one is a keeper for sure.

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

Jeff W. wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd sure like to see what made the cut

+1

JWilsonphoto

Well, I could scan one and post it, but you'd miss the point of the card. You have to have it in your hand to really appreciate it. The neat thing is how the simple design catches people's attention. The feel of the new card is one of unmistakable "substantiality", it's a double whammy, and so far it has gotten the same reaction from every person I have handed one to.

I'm keeping my paper stock based cards as well, because the new ones are the equivalent of handing someone a buck. Not a big deal if they remember you and become a great client, but not something you want to hand to a receptionist, or security in the process of verifying who you are and what you're doing.

Anyway, I look forward to placing one in each of your hands somewhere down the line.

JWilsonphoto

And......... I spoke with Hutchins BBQ, they will be catering lunch for HQ Thursday, with a veggie option for friends of the non-beef persuasion.

JWilsonphoto

G'Night everyone, got another 0'Dark thirty wake up call.

JW

P.S. Anyone who has ever thought about joining us on a photo mission, might want to get their name in for AFW 2012. Some very cool things beginning to shape up in association with that event. Friday evening is full, so we're working on Saturday evening. I'll work those in and around the client missions that I have booked.

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3553

JWilsonphoto wrote:
G'Night everyone, got another 0'Dark thirty wake up call.

JW

P.S. Anyone who has ever thought about joining us on a photo mission, might want to get their name in for AFW 2012. Some very cool things beginning to shape up in association with that event. Friday evening is full, so we're working on Saturday evening. I'll work those in and around the client missions that I have booked.

well that should be 2013

NightOwl Cat

, back to the future?

1       2       3              3763      
       3765              4305       4306       end