/forum/topic/600984/3762

1       2       3              3762      
       3764              4253       4254       end

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2574

A couple from this years QCAS.

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 15945

Tomorrow and Tuesday I have projects in Shreveport and Temple. Each of those will be six hours of driving for ten minutes of photography, ugh. High priced windshield time for sure. Thought about taking the Cub, but it would just slow me down

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7562

More from Sunday, with manual focus lens.

DanNehmer
Total Posts: 261

Laura,

Manual focus or not, you are nocking them out of the park. Great photos and thanks for sharing. I really love the F-86 shot.

Dan

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3215

By the way, Jim, I got the new Lithium battery for my Kenyon 4x4 and took it out for a spin (you'll pardon the pun) this weekend. It's so worth it: weighs only half as much as the sealed lead-acid pack it came with and has 60% more juice. In the Remos's cockpit I can manage the battery with one hand, reaching under the passenger seat; you couldn't do that with the old one, it was just too heavy.

Mike Deep
Total Posts: 146

NightOwl, what kind of manual focus lenses are you using?

NightOwl Cat

Thanks Dan. I took the lens thinking nothing ventured nothing gained. If I can do it with my eyesight, then anyone can

DanNehmer wrote:
Laura,

Manual focus or not, you are nocking them out of the park. Great photos and thanks for sharing. I really love the F-86 shot.

Dan

NightOwl Cat

Mike, it's a Nikon 300mm f/2.8 AI-s

Mike Deep wrote:
NightOwl, what kind of manual focus lenses are you using?

Mike Deep
Total Posts: 146

Nice! I have the Tamron 300/2.8 and a bunch of other manual lenses, so I had to ask. I haven't been bold enough to take it to an air show yet, though.

USM IS
Total Posts: 1226

Tim Adams wrote:
A couple from this years QCAS.

You did a great job on the 51 Tim, saw you walking around the static area. Mr. Klatt had a rather "interesting" ride down when he lost his canopy in his second act. What I thought was one hell of a superb short landing job for what little runway was left to him. Everyone was holding there breath!

Mike

futurshox
Total Posts: 2359

I saw an update on FB about that... He deliberately ejected his canopy after his engine quit and threw oil over it, so he couldn't see! Glad he made it down in one piece.

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3508

Great Stuff Tim and everybody
Sorting out my pics from Le Mans

Used equipment was my 1DmkIV and a 300 2.8 L

Viper SRT qualifying

ELinder
Total Posts: 404

Matt, thank you so much for posting your experience with Jane and her crew on Friday. Especially thanks for posting the photo of you all standing in front of the airplane, Jane with a smile on her face. I saw it last night but didn't get the chance to post to the thread. Today during the 4 hour drive home thoughts about what happened and what we saw flashed thru my mind. But I also thought of that picture, and how obvious it was that she loved what she was doing.

Laura, you made that manual focus lens sing! Especially love the "very loose" formation photo with the Sabre. I'm downloading my cards now, hopefully I'll have the chance to post a few soon.

Erich

JWilsonphoto

futurshox wrote:
I saw an update on FB about that... He deliberately ejected his canopy after his engine quit and threw oil over it, so he couldn't see! Glad he made it down in one piece.

Yikes!

JWilsonphoto

Very cool capture Jan Arie! I can hardly wait to see more!

JWilsonphoto

Here's a neat service..............

http://nikonrumors.com/2013/06/22/amazing-restoration-of-old-nikon-lenses.aspx/#more-60362

Jan-Arie

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Very cool capture Jan Arie! I can hardly wait to see more!

Aston Martin Vantage V8 true a double fence
Chevy Corvette C6 ZR1

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3215

I'd make a big metallic print of that last Corvette and hang it on my wall, if it were mine, J-A!

Jan-Arie

stevez wrote:
I'd make a big metallic print of that last Corvette and hang it on my wall, if it were mine, J-A!

I can give you the Raw file and you can give it a go if you want? it's 17,8 MB large I never tried metallic I think that its difficult over here to get something like that done..

mrkyle
Total Posts: 594

Laura,

Very nice set of images from Dayton. I hope you post a few more so I can see what went on. I just could not bring myself to go back even though the show must go on and that's what they would have wanted.

I'm starting to feel a little better about it and have looked at my photo tour images, I'll post a few later on.

1       2       3              3762      
       3764              4253       4254       end