Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3758

1       2       3              3758      
       3760              4532       4533       end

Wrei
Total Posts: 2939

The whispery clouds really add to it Mr. Wilson.

Gee, that should be an Apple Maverick default desktop photo!

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19268

Wonderful views out the second floor, especially at night.

JWilsonphoto

The outdoor living space was pretty nice too........... surround by bristlecone pines and oaks..........

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3835

nice pool sticks JW!

JWilsonphoto

Thanks Glenn! Sure enjoyed our lunch today! Thanks again!! I'll check in with you when I know I'm coming back.

JWilsonphoto

Glad you like the shot Wrei. When I come back down, I'll let you know and you can come down and shoot with me for a day. It'll be just like shooting air to air with Glenn.................except much, much slower, and a lot less exciting

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3835

we were shooting a Stearman - it was pretty slow!

nrferguson
Total Posts: 2452

It's not a rumour anymore - F-35 coming to RIAT in the UK
"We are delighted to announce that the Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II, Joint Strike Fighter, will make aviation history this summer with its European debut at the Air Tattoo this July.
The Air Tattoo will be the first time the aircraft has been outside of the USA. It is our understanding that three examples of the F-35B, which utilises the short take-off/vertical landing capabilities once employed by the much loved Harrier, will be based at RAF Fairford for the event.
Two of the aircraft will be US Marine Corps examples whilst the third will be an RAF aircraft currently based at Eglin AFB, Florida. Demonstrating the 'hover' capability among other impressive manoeuvres, a single aircraft will take part in the flying display on all three days of the show."
And will, presumably, then stay for the following week, which is Farnborough International
Niall

Wrei

Gee...what if the Thunderbirds adopted the F-35...

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 2444

Fairchild C-123B Provider resting in the moon light at the Pima Air & Space Museum in Tucson, Arizona.

Gary Sommer
Total Posts: 341

Since the last couple of pages are kinda OT, I thought I would sneak this one in. Bronica SQA 6x6, on Hp-5+ film, you know that stuff where you get a fresh sensor withe each shot.

N-Santiam-17 by gary2881, on Flickr

Near Detroit Lake in the Oregon Cascades.

Gary

Wrei

Dang it!!! I have two friends in Wanaka watching the air show. Zim and a high school friend. I don't care about the weather, I am jealous!

(I told them they need to take me to take pictures of them on their fabulous vacations...he is a 777 airline pilot.)

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 9316

If they do, I hope by then the problems with the software, the helmet, the tail section bubbling, and it being a fair weather plane despite its nickname "Lightning" have all been fixed.

Wrei wrote:
Gee...what if the Thunderbirds adopted the F-35...

Wrei

Hey Laura, my Lockheed Martin stock is up, it will be fixed!

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 2444

A Republic F-84 Thunderjet reposing in another gorgeous sunset at the Pima Air & Space Museum in Tucson, AZ.

Go4Long
Total Posts: 2013

nrferguson wrote:
It's not a rumour anymore - F-35 coming to RIAT in the UK
"We are delighted to announce that the Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II, Joint Strike Fighter, will make aviation history this summer with its European debut at the Air Tattoo this July.
The Air Tattoo will be the first time the aircraft has been outside of the USA. It is our understanding that three examples of the F-35B, which utilises the short take-off/vertical landing capabilities once employed by the much loved Harrier, will be based at RAF Fairford for the event.
Two of the aircraft will be US Marine Corps examples whilst the third will be an RAF aircraft currently based at Eglin AFB, Florida. Demonstrating the 'hover' capability among other impressive manoeuvres, a single aircraft will take part in the flying display on all three days of the show."
And will, presumably, then stay for the following week, which is Farnborough International
Niall

Cool...strangely enough still doesn't appear that they'll be doing a flying demo at the Joint Reserve Base...where we know they already have them :P

Future of Air Combat by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4775

Good thing they have a big enough jet when the entire country comes to visit LA...

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4775

Eastern Star
China Southern A380 on final at LAX

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4084

Wrei wrote:
Dang it!!! I have two friends in Wanaka watching the air show. Zim and a high school friend. I don't care about the weather, I am jealous!

(I told them they need to take me to take pictures of them on their fabulous vacations...he is a 777 airline pilot.)

I need a sword carrier, Wrei. You up for the job next time?

The weather yesterday was overcast, cold and windy. The weather today was variable: the sun peeked through from time to time and the mountain backdrop was gorgeous, but the airplanes are mostly up above the mountains and backlighted against the blinding white softbox in the sky. I'm still downloading today's CF cards or I'd post something.

Wrei

I'd love to visit NZ. Your photos are spectacular and show the real beauty, Zim.

1       2       3              3758      
       3760              4532       4533       end