Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3750

1       2       3              3750      
3751
       3752              4380       4381       end

Donald Gray
Registered: Nov 12, 2005
Total Posts: 2286
Country: United Kingdom

went wrote:
Part 2


Thanks for the memory - I used to live up in the Waitakeries back in the '70. Then Titirangi, eventually buying a place at the end of Kauri Pt Rd, Langholm overlooking the Manakau Harbour, towards the Auckland airport 8 miles away. (The flounder fishing at the bottom of the garden was outstanding!)

Your ground shots of Ardmore reminded me of a flight I did from Ardmore to Gt Barrier Island to plant a windsock on the tiny airfield... In those days, no electricity - we had to use petrol driven drills! Hah, those were the days...

Even though I left 30 odd years ago, I still have a passion for NZ - Thanks

EDIT for image...


Street lights in Lyme Regis on the Jurassic Coast



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 16336
Country: United States

I see where Canon is announcing future announcements, on the announcements, of the possibility of the announcement of the possible release of a large mp camera in 2014. In the mean time my D800's continue to pay for themselves, over, and over, and over. Canon has clearly laid out a strategy that will give Nikon every opportunity to best them a second time in the large sensor niche.



Tim Adams
Registered: Jan 01, 2004
Total Posts: 2663
Country: United States

Well the Unlimited class is a cluster you know what. The Unlimiteds decided they are not racing this year. They feel that the max altitude at pylon 8 of 250ft is not safe, and course changes made by RARA are putting too many G's on the pilots.

RARA then went behind the Unlimiteds back and formed a new group called WUR, Warbirds Unlimited Racing, with Tiger, Strega's owner at the helm of the new group. Matt Jackson heads the other group.

Matt was to fly Strega this year, but now Tiger and Matt are obviously not working together, so it looks like Strega is out for sure. Who will cross the so called picket line with Tiger and race? All I know is that this is probably the death blow for the Reno Air Races. They simply can't survive without the Unlimiteds. It looks pretty good that this will be my final trip to Reno. Jimmy Leeward caused one hell of a mess.



KJindaUK
Registered: Sep 20, 2004
Total Posts: 613
Country: United Kingdom

Jan-Arie wrote:
And a foggy one


Lovely shots from Volkel, especially of RAMEX Delta, those M2000s are beasts!



Betacamman
Registered: Jun 13, 2011
Total Posts: 384
Country: United States

ELinder wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:
Short drive for you to here: http://www.daytonairshow.com/


OH! I thought it was cancelled too! Are you going? Anyone else going to be there?

Erich


I'm hoping to go Saturday, as I'm picking up my girlfriend at the airport about an hour after the show ends.

I'll miss not seeing the military birds, but I'll take a Mig, a Sabre and a Corsair any day.



stevezzzz
Registered: Aug 01, 2010
Total Posts: 3497
Country: United States

Donald Gray wrote:
stevez wrote:

There are a couple of modern metal storage buildings I'd like to see gone, and perhaps one or two of the more obnoxious street lights.


Thanks Steve - I value your comment and opinion. I have reworked the original. I have removed those items (Thank to Content Aware in PS) and have 'turned the lights off' in some of the houses and turned 'em down in the rest.
Recropped to get nearer the rule of thirds.

Two versions - not sure which I prefer... colour or B&W?

Further C&C welcome



Beautiful, Donald! The only thing I'd fix now is the square shadow left over after you removed the larger of those two buildings. Not that many people would notice it, but it's there and it sticks out if you know what to look for. And it's an easy fix.



stevezzzz
Registered: Aug 01, 2010
Total Posts: 3497
Country: United States

Tim Adams wrote:
Well the Unlimited class is a cluster you know what. The Unlimiteds decided they are not racing this year. They feel that the max altitude at pylon 8 of 250ft is not safe, and course changes made by RARA are putting too many G's on the pilots.

RARA then went behind the Unlimiteds back and formed a new group called WUR, Warbirds Unlimited Racing, with Tiger, Strega's owner at the helm of the new group. Matt Jackson heads the other group.


Tim, Reno sounds like a royal cock-up. I hope that the Unlimiteds and RARA can work things out, because I'm with you 100% when you say that Reno is finished without them. The Unlimiteds _are_ Reno, at least as far as the majority of the public is concerned. Section 3 sure as hell isn't paying to watch the bipes race.



futurshox
Registered: Feb 15, 2008
Total Posts: 2440
Country: United States

Well I don't know what to do now... we are kind of thinking about going to Reno this year, although we'd have to arrive on the Friday as we have a concert to attend here in Austin on the Thursday night. So if there's no Unlimiteds, what would we get to see on the Saturday and Sunday?



Tim Adams
Registered: Jan 01, 2004
Total Posts: 2663
Country: United States

futurshox wrote:
Well I don't know what to do now... we are kind of thinking about going to Reno this year, although we'd have to arrive on the Friday as we have a concert to attend here in Austin on the Thursday night. So if there's no Unlimiteds, what would we get to see on the Saturday and Sunday?


All the other classes will be racing. Things are really in flux right now, which screws attendance. They are shooting themselves in the foot.



Donald Gray
Registered: Nov 12, 2005
Total Posts: 2286
Country: United Kingdom

stevez wrote:
Donald Gray wrote:
stevez wrote:

There are a couple of modern metal storage buildings I'd like to see gone, and perhaps one or two of the more obnoxious street lights.


Thanks Steve - I value your comment and opinion. I have reworked the original. I have removed those items (Thank to Content Aware in PS) and have 'turned the lights off' in some of the houses and turned 'em down in the rest.
Recropped to get nearer the rule of thirds.

Two versions - not sure which I prefer... colour or B&W?

Further C&C welcome



Beautiful, Donald! The only thing I'd fix now is the square shadow left over after you removed the larger of those two buildings. Not that many people would notice it, but it's there and it sticks out if you know what to look for. And it's an easy fix.


Thanks Steve - I cannot see a shadow - Is it possible that you are seeing a good 'ol English hedgerow. (We keep 'em neatly trimmed and square topped.) None-the-less, thanks for the CnC



Jan-Arie
Registered: Dec 24, 2005
Total Posts: 3669
Country: Netherlands

What a Tossers at Reno apologize the Language


Turkish Airforce F16 C Solo Turk hauling ass during rain



Donald Gray
Registered: Nov 12, 2005
Total Posts: 2286
Country: United Kingdom

futurshox wrote:
B&W looks just lovely!

Thank you, Lady Jo



R.Reijne
Registered: Oct 01, 2009
Total Posts: 534
Country: Netherlands

wow what a great pic J-A !
was an enjoyable two day's with you and Marcel and his brother...

Roel.



Jan-Arie
Registered: Dec 24, 2005
Total Posts: 3669
Country: Netherlands

Thanks Roel was like old times

Hawker Hunter F6A Dutch Hawker Hunter Foundation
Swedish Airforce Historic Flight
Polish Air Force Su22 Fitter
Dutch Airforce Historic Flight B25
Mirage 2000N Ramex Delta



ELinder
Registered: Feb 14, 2010
Total Posts: 558
Country: United States

Betacamman wrote:
I'm hoping to go Saturday, as I'm picking up my girlfriend at the airport about an hour after the show ends.

I'll miss not seeing the military birds, but I'll take a Mig, a Sabre and a Corsair any day.


Looks like we missed the deadline for pre-purchasing photo tour/pit tickets, so I have no idea where I'll be during the show. I'll PM you my cell number, hopefully we can meet somewhere.

Erich



stevezzzz
Registered: Aug 01, 2010
Total Posts: 3497
Country: United States

Very tasty sample, J-A. That Su22 is a mean-looking machine. But my favorite image here is the Mirage 2000D: crispy and delicious.



stevezzzz
Registered: Aug 01, 2010
Total Posts: 3497
Country: United States

Hmmm. I went to the Fort Worth-Alliance air show website to buy pit passes for this year's show, but the "Purchase Tickets" button takes you to the 2012 show's AttendStar page, where you obviously can't buy tickets for 2012 or 2013. Anybody know what's going on, or have a better link?



ELinder
Registered: Feb 14, 2010
Total Posts: 558
Country: United States

I mentioned that earlier and Jim said they were still working out the plans.

Erich



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 16336
Country: United States

ELinder wrote:
Betacamman wrote:
I'm hoping to go Saturday, as I'm picking up my girlfriend at the airport about an hour after the show ends.

I'll miss not seeing the military birds, but I'll take a Mig, a Sabre and a Corsair any day.


Looks like we missed the deadline for pre-purchasing photo tour/pit tickets, so I have no idea where I'll be during the show. I'll PM you my cell number, hopefully we can meet somewhere.

Erich


Don't worry about that Erich, I'll make sure there are tour/pit tickets available for you. You'll be with the group, we wouldn't have it any other way.



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 16336
Country: United States

Didn't see Zim's post re: AFW. I'll get answers to all of this Monday morning, but rest assured, MA2A folks will all be together.



1       2       3              3750      
3751
       3752              4380       4381       end