Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3727

1       2       3              3727      
       3729              4533       4534       end

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4096

kwoodard wrote:
Jan-Arie wrote:
Would like you to show you my contribution for the slide show for up coming Isap Symposium.
I say it was hard to choose but i think this shows what I'm capable off.

That first shot is awesome!

Thank you Kevin

kwoodard
Total Posts: 4683

Jan-Arie wrote:
kwoodard wrote:
Jan-Arie wrote:
Would like you to show you my contribution for the slide show for up coming Isap Symposium.
I say it was hard to choose but i think this shows what I'm capable off.

That first shot is awesome!

Thank you Kevin

Is the second shot the Red Arrows? I was looking at this shot again and I really like the processing on it and the detail in the smoke and jets. Also very well done.

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4096

Yes Kevin that are the Red Arrows taken off field after the rain the original is just a little darker but it's one of my all-time favourites

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4084

Mining the archives from 2008 and 2009. These are from the annual Antique Airplane Association fly-in at Blakesburg.

stevezzzz

Time Magazine published a big article about the building of the new WTC 1 skyscraper in lower Manhattan; they also commissioned a Gigapan panorama captured from the top of the 1776' spire. Here's a 'making of' video about how the project came together.

http://time.com/10672/making-the-world-trade-center-panorama/

The Gigapan image and the full Time Magazine story is here.

PDumm
Total Posts: 204

Squeezing into the office.

msalvetti
Total Posts: 3167

Jan-Arie wrote:
Yes Kevin that are the Red Arrows taken off field after the rain the original is just a little darker but it's one of my all-time favourites

Mine too, I remember when you first posted that J-A. Great to see it again.

Mark

Ryan Harris
Total Posts: 149

The bombers hit Texas this past Wednesday and we joined them with the Huey. During the move on Friday from Ellington to Tomball, we had a little fun. What was planned as a 3-ship formation with B-17 lead and a shoot with the Mustang, turned into a B-24 lead and a B-17/Mustang shoot. They tell me that they would like to start selling my B-17/Mustang shot at the PX soon...but we will see. They arrived at Jim's neck of the woods this afternoon. If you live in Texas, go see them and buy a ride! I'll be joining them on the two remaining Texas weekends. Hope you like these shots:

msalvetti
Total Posts: 3167

Those are really nice, Ryan. I always wondered why Collings didn't have some better photos in their PX. Too many of them have almost stationary props.

Mark

kwoodard
Total Posts: 4683

Man, I envy you guys that get to go up and photograph these old beauties. I never will have enough to go up in one, let alone photo one in-flight like you all do. Living vicariously here... Nice work.

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2887

Nice writeup from Curtis about Ted Contri.

http://www.mustangsmustangs.com/p-51/?news/133446805/contri_031414

I always thought Dago looked pretty cool with the Sizzlin' Liz rudder on it.

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 2444

I guess I'm going to need to get used to seeing these at Luke AFB. They're a comin'

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4775

Couple of quick and dirty video clips from El Centro posted on the website:

PB4Y Privateer Taxis To Parking:
http://crosswindimages.com/p684339541/ecef1462

C-47 Rolls Up And Shuts Down
http://crosswindimages.com/p684339541/e14f9c17f

Be sure to set the res to 1080p and expand them full screen. I now have a much better viewfinder as well as a RODE-made shotgun mic that rides in the hotshoe of my 1DMkIV for shooting video. Slowly chipping away at getting back into video production.

FlyingPhotog

Navy Cross

FlyingPhotog

Second Salvo
Another from the Friday fireworks show at NAF El Centro...

stevezzzz

Ryan Harris wrote:
The bombers hit Texas this past Wednesday and we joined them with the Huey. During the move on Friday from Ellington to Tomball, we had a little fun. What was planned as a 3-ship formation with B-17 lead and a shoot with the Mustang, turned into a B-24 lead and a B-17/Mustang shoot. They tell me that they would like to start selling my B-17/Mustang shot at the PX soon...but we will see. They arrived at Jim's neck of the woods this afternoon. If you live in Texas, go see them and buy a ride! I'll be joining them on the two remaining Texas weekends. Hope you like these shots.

Beautiful, Ryan! But aren't they a little on the yellow side?

stevezzzz

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Navy Cross

Nice timing, Jay! "Does this light make my paint job look tired?"

stevezzzz

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Couple of quick and dirty video clips from El Centro posted on the website:

PB4Y Privateer Taxis To Parking:
http://crosswindimages.com/p684339541/ecef1462

C-47 Rolls Up And Shuts Down
http://crosswindimages.com/p684339541/e14f9c17f

Be sure to set the res to 1080p and expand them full screen. I now have a much better viewfinder as well as a RODE-made shotgun mic that rides in the hotshoe of my 1DMkIV for shooting video. Slowly chipping away at getting back into video production.

Who owns the PB4Y, Jay? I wonder if it was rescued from Hawkins and Powers, when that outfit went belly up? The nose glass looks newly fabricated.

Ryan Harris
Total Posts: 149

Thanks for the heads up Steve. I kept thinking I was seeing some yellow as well, but I also have a tendency to over-think my images to the point of seeing things that aren't really there. I went back and re-did one of the Mustangs, and yes the bar was a little too close to the yellow side. Let me know what you think now.

Original:

New:

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 2444

stevez wrote:
Who owns the PB4Y, Jay? I wonder if it was rescued from Hawkins and Powers, when that outfit went belly up? The nose glass looks newly fabricated.

It is privately owned (4Y-2, LLC) and is based in Casa Grande, Arizona. It looks like you are correct and it was rescued from Hawkins and Powers. Here is some additional information:

http://www.gosshawkunlimited.com/restoration/consolidated-pb4y-2-privateer/

Jay may know the name of the gentleman that owns her.

1       2       3              3727      
       3729              4533       4534       end