3712              4533       4534       end

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4085

Jeff W. wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
How many days will that go on Jeff?

Nice save on the TOPP!

Thanks Jim.

I assume you are asking about the wind Steve and the others experienced at NAFEC yesterday. In my opinion, they got unlucky with the timing of a large winter storm that is working its way into CA and AZ. It appears they caught the edge and the winds got some velocity. The only time I've been at El Centro with winds that bad, the Harrier squadron I was photographing still flew the scheduled training for the day. I understand why the Blues canceled, but not sure why the regular DET's didn't fly?

I'm hoping to hear from Jay and a few other AzAP associates who were there. Jay is tight with the PAO and will surely be able to opine more informed than I. I'm also wondering about blowing dust. NAFEC is surrounded by farming and dust can sometimes be an issue. I've got my fingers crossed that Steve may have stayed over today and try to catch the Blues morning practice. The AM Wx forecast looked better than yesterday.

The blowing dust yesterday was a problem in the morning, along the fence over by the west end of 04-26: my car is full of it, and I was careful not to change lenses. By the time we got out to show center for the Blues' scheduled practice the wind was more moderate, a welcome change from the forecast, which was for worsening conditions. So I'm not sure why they cancelled the afternoon mission, too.

I left El Centro this morning an hour before dawn: I needed to charge the Tesla twice before dropping the car at Sky Harbor for the weekend. I'll be back for it, with my son, on Sunday evening; we'll drive the scenic route home after taking in a spring training game on Monday.

Colin Giersberg
Total Posts: 2264

Jason, welcome to MA2A. Please make yourself at home and enjoy what you see. When you get a chance, post an image or two. Now for the public service announcement.

Please sit down and buckle your seat belt.
Place your seat into an upright position.
Turn off all electronic devices.
and the most important announcement.

Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride.

Regards, Colin

nrferguson
Total Posts: 2457

A Super Hornet at Farnborough International 2012
Niall

kwoodard
Total Posts: 4683

Figured I would post a shot I got a few months back. Nikon D7000 with a Nikkor-Q 135mm f/2.8. I have always wondered if this would be considered a "near-miss"? This was a "what's that noise? WHOA! They are close!" moment. The line is a power line... didn't have the time to move.

_DSC9846 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4775

Night Moves

FlyingPhotog

School's In Session
T-45s heading out to have at it...

FlyingPhotog

Coming To Terms With Gravity
T-45 on short final...

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 2444

Vintage Beckman, excellent work as usual Jay.

Colin Giersberg
Total Posts: 2264

Now why am I thinking of Bob Segar?

msalvetti
Total Posts: 3167

stevez wrote:
I've been selected by the editors of See Me as a Featured Creator: they're using my B&W image entitled 'Bow Watch' on the home page for the time being. Don't know how long it'll remain there, but I appreciate the exposure!

https://www.see.me/

The direct link to my profile is: https://stevezimmermann.see.me

Congrats, Steve. I remembered instantly what image that was. I know the mystery is part of its charm, but did you ever find out what was going on with her?

Mark

PDumm
Total Posts: 204

Just some B&W for El Centro. The B&W Film that I shot out there did not come out as good as I hoped it would. These are Nik change up's.

This Navy Air Craft is no way as dirty as it looks.

Wrei
Total Posts: 2939

PDumm wrote:
Just some B&W for El Centro. The B&W Film that I shot out there did not come out as good as I hoped it would. These are Nik change up's.

This Navy Air Craft is no way as dirty as it looks.

I guess the schedule for the wash rack is more than 45 days in Yuma...

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19276

Gee Zim, sorry your El Centro time wasn't the best. I'm sure you made lemonade out of lemons.

JWilsonphoto

My first dusk elevation using the CamRanger . I walked around in my shot and added light here and there. Never had to return to the camera during the entire sequence, and could see exactly what the light I was adding looked like. I keep thinking of new ways to utilize the system. I used it for every shot this week, it is fast becoming indispensable.

JWilsonphoto

Big photo day tomorrow. Faith turned 8 today and her party is tomorrow. What she doesn't know is that her Mom and Dad bought her a horse for her birthday. The party is at a stable near KTKI, and that's where the horses will live for now. All the kids at the party will have rental horses, but Faith will have her own from tomorrow on. Should make for some great images, tomorrow and in the future. What her brothers and sister don't know is that they bought two more horses as well, so three can ride at once. Fortunately, Bryan Martin knows horses like I know airplanes, he has been a tremendous help. He and Jennifer rolled into the stable last night about midnight with a beautiful horse that she bought northwest of Ft. Worth yesterday.

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3835

Remember that tailcone that Scott Slocum was making for his Bonanza? Well the camranger is the trick to using a real camera in that thing instead of the GoPro. b25=a36!

JWilsonphoto

Hi Glenn,

I remember that Scott was showing me the modified tailbone, but I missed what he was using to control the camera. I'll have to ask him how that all worked out. All that could be done with the Phase One as well. Pretty cool substitute for a Mitchell, but really, as you well know, there is no substitute for sitting in that tail and shooting it real time. The little nuances and adjustments that you do instinctively as you're shooting.

You in town next week? I'll be in and out of Austin several times during the course of the week.

Eddie Ray, if you're around I have a project west of Georgetown. You are more than welcome to come down for a day and teach me some residential shooting tricks.

JWilsonphoto

Glenn, I think Scott had Nelson Ezell fashion that tailcone for him. It wasn't finished when I saw it last, but it was looking pretty cool at that point. Gunny thinks we need a Baron for a run around airplane and for me to build twin time in towards my B25 rating. I should look into that tail cone and see how Scott likes it, should fit a Baron perfectly as well, and you 'd have a little extra speed.

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3835

I dont believe he was remote controlling, he just had a gopro back there running.

youre right about riding back there being cool, no doubt. But it might get some cool stuff for a fraction of the cost.

I'm definitely in town now... A new Inn N Out just opened in between Georgetown and Round Rock and I've been looking for an excuse to eat there!

Maybe we can scare up 20 Apaches to land at GTU while you're in town as well??

/G

JWilsonphoto

One project is out near Lakeway, and the second is west of Georgetown, Liberty I think? I'n'O sounds like a plan. Roger that on the Apache's

1       2       3              3710      
       3712              4533       4534       end