Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3710

1       2       3              3710      
       3712              4249       4250       end

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

Batten down the hatches Jim, sounds like some mean stuff heading your way. Stay safe up there

Razor17
Total Posts: 299

astrobrian wrote:
Batten down the hatches Jim, sounds like some mean stuff heading your way. Stay safe up there

Yep, there is a Nader over by Decatur that might stop. The North side is going to get hammered here in the next hour...

Lynn

Chainshot
Total Posts: 215

nrferguson wrote:
Last night our camera club visited the Royal Logistic Corps Museum in Deepcut where we hd arranged to photograph a Great War re-enactor.
Niall

Niall, pretty cool ! I've been an American Civil War reenactor for about 20 years. Yours truly, a couple of weeks ago. I have some friends that do WW2, Rev. war, etc...but, the American Civil war is a huge community.

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7561

yet another voice from the wilderness added to the chorus for Rolf. May it prove to be nothing serious.

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
On a much less cheerful note, I'm letting our family know that Rolf's been getting ultrasound checkups every six months to ensure his bladder reflux didn't return. His last three ultrasounds came back perfect, but today's did not.

He's got a bunch of water in his left kidney, and we're going to start a series of diagnostic tests to figure out what caused it and how to fix it. The urologist has emphasized that we should assume it's a serious issue until/unless proven otherwise (gee, really, you think so?), so we're off to the races.

I'll keep y'all posted.

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 15918

Oh yeah, we're getting hammered, but for the moment the real severe stuff is to the north and south of us. Lots of rain and lightning, pretty substantial winds. There's more building to the west of DFW that will track right through us shortly. Hope it remains at it's current intensity. Wouldn't you know that this would all take place with our garage filled with furniture. Sheila and I shuffled all the vehicles but one to the hangar earlier this evening. The floor guys will be doing what they do for three more days, then the furniture can go back. Oh well.

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3198

A few from the ISAP field trip to NAS Whidbey Island today.

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3198

A couple more from NAS Whidbey Island

Tim Ashton
Total Posts: 3050

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Dear Niall,

Well isn't that nice that a big deal "Explorer" of whatever would behave like that toward a fellow photographer? Good way to act at any time, but especially when you are a paid representative. People's ego's and self importance never ceases to amaze me. Kind of one of those "OXY" things that the folks who could justify (if you could justify) sticking their nose in the air, don't. The poster child that always comes to mind is my good friend Paul Bowen. Never, in 32 years of being friends with PB, have I ever seen anything but humility, kindness, and understatement from him. He is a constant example for me, and a benchmark I am not likely to ever attain.

Anyway, "rude" what's his name can take his attitude and go pound sand, my guess is he isn't fit to "loose your sandals" on many levels. What a putz! Definitely not MA2A material!

+100
Nearly said it myself
Tim

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7561

Calling Jim, and Wrei, and anyone else in the DFW area. Check in please.

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Oh yeah, we're getting hammered, but for the moment the real severe stuff is to the north and south of us. Lots of rain and lightning, pretty substantial winds. There's more building to the west of DFW that will track right through us shortly. Hope it remains at it's current intensity. Wouldn't you know that this would all take place with our garage filled with furniture. Sheila and I shuffled all the vehicles but one to the hangar earlier this evening. The floor guys will be doing what they do for three more days, then the furniture can go back. Oh well.

JWilsonphoto

What an idyllic little spot to base our fighters! Nice work Zim!

Exactly Tim!

Thanks Laura! We're ok but it was a close call for sure. Folks North & South weren't so lucky.

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9700

That would include Wrei, Jo, and the Watsons, no? Hope they're OK.

I've never seen my PM inbox so full, both with sympathetic comments and prayers about Rolf and with friends joining up on the effort to make healthier iterations of ourselves. I'll get back to everyone sometime today, promise. And above all, thank you.

Also, had a brief conversation with Elon Musk yesterday about improvements to the Model S. I'm always amazed and appreciative of modern technology... but its power to connect one human to another, who might not otherwise have been able or willing to reach each other across time and space, is perhaps its most endearing trait. I'm also impressed with Elon's humility and attitude: that man never ceases to impress me.

futurshox
Total Posts: 2358

I'm way south of Austin, a good three or four hours drive from whatever weather was passing through Dallas. We got a little bit of rain (0.04") last night and that was it. I don't imagine Glenn would have got much more. Wrei might have got something of the edge of it?

Wrei
Total Posts: 2182

We're good. Sent prayers of thanks and then help and comfort for the folks in Granbury. There were some very large homes damaged there from the mile wide tornado, wow.

futurshox

Whut?! Mile wide tornado?!!

Wrei
Total Posts: 2182

Just restating what I read Jo:

"In a warning issued at 9:23 p.m. CDT Wednesday, the National Weather Service indicated that, "Storm spotters and Doppler radar observed a tornado moving northeast at 15 mph near Cleburne. Spotters reported that this tornado is a mile wide, and capable of incredible destruction. This tornado has shifted paths, and is aimed right at the city of Cleburne.""

futurshox

A quick Google reveals that we had a mighty fine and quiet night in Buda compared with the folks further north!
http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/05/16/4860509/tornado-watch-issued-for-north.html
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/20130515-at-least-3-killed-100-hurt-in-granbury-tornado-as-twisters-hit-north-texas.ece
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/05/15/deaths-multiple-injuries-confirmed-from-granbury-tornado/
Holy cow.

Jon Uhler
Total Posts: 2439

Hey....look what I found on my door step.....

photo (7) by battlefloydflyer, on Flickr

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9700

I dunno about that shot, Jon... lighting's very contrasty and your model looks way too happy to be there: too obviously posed. Not your best work.

Now about that gorgeous piece of art in your hands...

JWilsonphoto

That mile+ wide tornado packed winds up to 145mph. I checked in with Gunny late last night, the worst went south of him, but not by much. None of this was forecast, but "a few scattered storms" quickly built into four "super cells" and four to six funnel clouds. It was an action packed evening for sure.

Looks like ISAP 2013 is off to a rousing start with the Whidbey Island pre-field trip. Wish I could have been there, but glad my little enterprise is rockin'. 33 years of this teaches one that, while you can love what you do for a living, don't ever let yourself think of it as a hobby. 2013 is the year to make up for five years of job creation through welfare and unemployment, what a concept, and "W"'s last year wasn't any great shakes either! I'm grateful for my schedule, while being ever mindful that "I didn't create this........." Actually God created it, I just do the photography and send the invoice.

Jon Uhler
Total Posts: 2439

I know you are getting into lighting....no comment on that glare in the microwave glass?

It is a gorgeous piece of art for sure....

1       2       3              3710      
       3712              4249       4250       end