Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3709

1       2       3              3709      
       3711              4340       4341       end

msalvetti
Total Posts: 2871

Rodolfo, good luck with Rolf's condition. Sounds like he's in good hands (both the medical and spiritual kind). I hope they quickly find the problem and it's nothing serious.

I'm also considering on taking you up on your weight loss challenge.....

Top of page:

Mark

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4540

Greetings from Seattle...

Just back from an epic dining experience with Zim, his son and daughter-in-law (and their adorable puppy.)

Thinking good thoughts for your little man Rodolfo.

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

Oh dang Rodolfo, that isn't good. Here's hoping the weight loss cures it all. Passing on good vibes and prayers that it turns out to be ok.

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3050

Wish I was there Jay - what day are your guys photo flights?

david russell
Total Posts: 749

Thinking of your little one Rodolfo.

On a separate note, I was the pilot on a glider flight today for a production company filming a documentary about WWII paratroopers and glider-borne troops who dropped in behind enemy lines. They were shooting air to ground video for the movie. I think it is sort of interesting that they took the video from the only flying glider that flew combat missions in Vietnam. Fun day of flying for sure.

Ernie Aubert
Total Posts: 4492

I've read about gliders in WW II, but I've never heard of them in Viet Nam. Were they the same kind used in WW II, or more modern? From what base(s) were they towed, and by what?

david russell

Check this out for a start Ernie: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schweizer_X-26_Frigate and search for QT-2.

It was a whole different thing. I fly N2472W several times a week.

Ernie Aubert
Total Posts: 4492

Ah - thanks for that, David.

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3423

stevez wrote:
The weather was perfect for a dusk flight this evening to really give the Kenyon a workout. D800+40-70mm f/2.8 +Kenyon 4x4.

Launched about half an hour before official sunset and landed about 10 minutes past the end of civil twilight, shooting all the way.

These are from the last 20 minutes of the flight, long after the sun was down and well into the gloaming. Jim, you knew this already, but I think I'm keeping the 4x4.

Thanks, everyone, for the nice comments on my dusky Denver shots. I brought a print of the stereo pair with me to ISAP, and a stereo viewer so that everyone (even Jay) can see the effect.

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4540

Glenn Watson wrote:
Wish I was there Jay - what day are your guys photo flights?

Friday...

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16218

Dear Rodolfo,

Rolf is back on the prayer list. Keep us posted. Good luck on your fitness campaign, good thing to do for anyone. I've lost six pounds in as many weeks, going for a total of about 15. Sheila and I are walking a good distance several times a week, and my shooting/landscaping schedule helps as well. Ever notice how much you think about food when you're trying not to think about food?!

JWilsonphoto

Dear Niall,

Well isn't that nice that a big deal "Explorer" of whatever would behave like that toward a fellow photographer? Good way to act at any time, but especially when you are a paid representative. People's ego's and self importance never ceases to amaze me. Kind of one of those "OXY" things that the folks who could justify (if you could justify) sticking their nose in the air, don't. The poster child that always comes to mind is my good friend Paul Bowen. Never, in 32 years of being friends with PB, have I ever seen anything but humility, kindness, and understatement from him. He is a constant example for me, and a benchmark I am not likely to ever attain.

Anyway, "rude" what's his name can take his attitude and go pound sand, my guess is he isn't fit to "loose your sandals" on many levels. What a putz! Definitely not MA2A material!

JWilsonphoto

Jay and Zim,

Have fun, be safe, bring home the digits! I'll be out here in the cheap seats clicking away. Back on a G550 today, so I guess the seats aren't really all that cheap!

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2648

nrferguson wrote:
MMcGrath wrote:
stevez wrote:
Canon's finally announced the 200-400+1.4; but has not said when you can actually buy one. B&H will allow you to pre-order one for a mere $11,799, and they also published this preview.

Renowned UK wildlife photographer Andy Rouse published a full review of the lens - he's been testing it for 6 months. Going by the article & the images he published on his blog, this looks to be the lens to get. Now who's got a spare 12k.

http://www.andyrouse.co.uk/?page_id=174

I was at an aircraft photography day last year where he was using it - he went absolutely ballistic, calling me all the names you can imagine, when I posted a couple of anonymous photos of it here - somewhat OTT as there had been plenty of shots of it inuse at the Olympics published by then!!
Niall

If you are out in public with the camera you are fair game to anybody that wants to take a shot of you. Automakers know this. That's why new cars are tested with camo all over them. They still manage to get shot by photogs who are always on the prowl looking for these test mules though.

Bill Gass
Total Posts: 3891

david russell wrote:

On a separate note, I was the pilot on a glider flight today for a production company filming a documentary about WWII paratroopers and glider-borne troops who dropped in behind enemy lines. They were shooting air to ground video for the movie. I think it is sort of interesting that they took the video from the only flying glider that flew combat missions in Vietnam. Fun day of flying for sure.

David, that sounds way kool, have fun.

This is a video that one of my customers took. ----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i0IVkHUnWU

His web site, -----> http://craggyaero.com/

Thought you might like some of this.

david russell

Bill Gass wrote:
david russell wrote:

This is a video that one of my customers took. ----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i0IVkHUnWU

I bought a few things from Richard when I was rebuilding the panel in my Libelle.

That thermal centering screen view in the video. is cool, but gosh, it pulls one's eyes inside the cockpit.

nrferguson
Total Posts: 1726

Last night our camera club visited the Royal Logistic Corps Museum in Deepcut where we hd arranged to photograph a Great War re-enactor.
Niall

Bill Gass
Total Posts: 3891

david russell wrote:
Bill Gass wrote:
david russell wrote:

I bought a few things from Richard when I was rebuilding the panel in my Libelle.

That thermal centering screen view in the video. is cool, but gosh, it pulls one's eyes inside the cockpit.

Not suppose to look at the dash when flying anyways, right ? --
We are building some more cases for him.

cbrandt
Total Posts: 1486

nrferguson wrote:
MMcGrath wrote:
stevez wrote:
Canon's finally announced the 200-400+1.4; but has not said when you can actually buy one. B&H will allow you to pre-order one for a mere $11,799, and they also published this preview.

Renowned UK wildlife photographer Andy Rouse published a full review of the lens - he's been testing it for 6 months. Going by the article & the images he published on his blog, this looks to be the lens to get. Now who's got a spare 12k.

http://www.andyrouse.co.uk/?page_id=174

I was at an aircraft photography day last year where he was using it - he went absolutely ballistic, calling me all the names you can imagine, when I posted a couple of anonymous photos of it here - somewhat OTT as there had been plenty of shots of it inuse at the Olympics published by then!!
Niall

Folks like that tend to lose respect from me when they act like complete jerks - Canon might of told HIM to keep it under wraps / i.e. no mass medial - public shows and he may of been * caught ...... I know that I saw Canon's 600 IS I believe ( I happily shoot Nikon before it was really out .. there were like 6 copies around the country and this wildlife photographer was shooting it a local refuge I go to .. he allowed me to look thru it as I had the Version II Nikon 600 ........ anyway he was doing an article on it and heading to shoot trains in W VA the next day ..... guess I'm saying he told me what it was and what he was doing, but it was just me and his shooting buddy ...

Colin Giersberg
Total Posts: 2103

Hoping for the best, Rodolfo.

1       2       3              3709      
       3711              4340       4341       end