Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3706

1       2       3              3706      
       3708              4376       4377       end

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16331

astrobrian wrote:
Had a goal of working on my prop blur this show, I'm thinking my envelope is expanding quite well. Thanks in part goes to little tid bits Jay has said recently

Man, from the looks of that wing, I'd pass on flying that bird. As we say her in the Lone Star, "She's been rode hard and put away wet!" Looks like it's about ready to sit atop a pole someplace.

Weston (the catcher) and his best friend (the pitcher), worked together yesterday to send this young runner to the dugout........

went
Total Posts: 1678

C'mon, people: have we grown so accustomed to excellence that we don't make even a passing comment concerning Glenn's latest salvo of stunning A2A shots? I'm still trying to coax my jaw back up off the floor!

Hi Steve thanks for the dig in the ribs, I must admit to marvelling at the assembly line of quality, knowledge and expertise, that flows from this site by the MA2A contributors, yes the photos are outstanding, and the skill of both photos & processing / photo finishing is equally impressive, as is the text which flows through this thread with equal parts of care / support and the sense of humour from photography buffs from around the world.

Its an amazing to think that Jim kicked the ball into play with a P51 photo and this whole thing has gone viral to continues to roll along like an avalanche to the point where if you are away for a week or so it takes about 3 weeks to catch up on this thread.

Steve the photos of the lake bed refill are impressive, and the resolution from your D800E amazing.

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Looks like it's about ready to sit atop a pole someplace.

They always have a sound that makes me think that too.

Amazing too when dealing with the slower shutter speed how much some parts of planes move in relation to the focal point you aim at.

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3495

The weather was perfect for a dusk flight this evening to really give the Kenyon a workout. D800+40-70mm f/2.8 +Kenyon 4x4.

Launched about half an hour before official sunset and landed about 10 minutes past the end of civil twilight, shooting all the way.

These are from the last 20 minutes of the flight, long after the sun was down and well into the gloaming. Jim, you knew this already, but I think I'm keeping the 4x4.

Angry
Total Posts: 1210

stevez wrote:
Glenn Watson wrote:
Everywhere you look wingtips are being chewed off by these guys!

Glenn

C'mon, people: have we grown so accustomed to excellence that we don't make even a passing comment concerning Glenn's latest salvo of stunning A2A shots? I'm still trying to coax my jaw back up off the floor!

Still trying to pick up (knocked off ) sox off the floor.......

Thats after being smacked with these images.....

Wowser !!...

Al

went

WWII Warbirds

went

WWII Warbirds 2

futurshox
Total Posts: 2439

Hey, I actually have some aeroplanes to post. Went to Kingsbury at the weekend for their Spring fly-in. It was a bit crosswindy but there were a few visitors; most notably a brace of L-19s.

futurshox

A few more.

JWilsonphoto

Good Morning All! Nice work Zim! I kind of figured you'd take to it in a hurry. Personally, given the keeper rate it affords, I don't see a scenario aloft when it won't be bolted to my camera. I'll wait until you get home to change the paperwork around to a purchase. Glad you like it!! Don't you love how it opens up opportunities and ideas that would have been real hit and misses before?

JWilsonphoto

Great images Lady Jo and Al! Man those mountain backdrops just cap it off!

Al, you are right, the night I tossed a Mustang up and began this thread I never could have imagined the outcome. You all just continue to make it better and better. We're only 50,000 looks away from 4 million.

Zim, the shot of your home base, if it's anything like mine, doesn't begin to show how dark it actually was. The perspectives from West looking East don't go as blue. Your cityscapes fire me up for the opportunities around Dallas, and other metroplexes.

Brian, nice work! You're right, as you slow the shutter down you begin to see rudder and wing tip motion here and there.

stevezzzz

JWilsonphoto wrote:

Zim, the shot of your home base, if it's anything like mine, doesn't begin to show how dark it actually was. The perspectives from West looking East don't go as blue. Your cityscapes fire me up for the opportunities around Dallas, and other metroplexes.

You're right, Jim: it was darn close to pitch dark. Two minutes later, on the ground, I was having difficulty picking out the edge of the taxiway so I didn't run off into the weeds on the way to the hangar. The Remos has many fine attributes, but a usable landing light ain't one of them...

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3667

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Thanks Jan Arie! I stand corrected. I was so bleary eyed when I glanced at your post that I saw two engines and blue. I think I've pushed this old airframe to the limit over the past week, but I've gotten a ton of shooting and landscaping behind me, so it's been worth it. Today was a "light" one, church, landscaping, trimmed half my hedges and bushes, emptied the garage and scrubbed it, and washed, waxed and detailed Sheila's car. Three Advil and a shower. I guess I missed that "day of rest" Scripture, ugh.

Tomorrow the floor people descend in the early am, so HQ and the Marriott will be my base of operations for a few days.

Watch yourself will you, I have been there a couple of times and I don't recommend it but knowing you a little bit you will survive

JWilsonphoto

Steve, Jay, Warner, and anyone else from our family who is headed to the 2013 ISAP Symposium, have a wonderful time. Seems a shame that I can't be there, given the amount of work that has gone into the planning and execution. Give Larry Grace a pat on the back while you're there, the dedication he has devoted to ISAP in general, but this symposium in particular, is unfathomable.

Those of you closest to me know what a challenge ISAP has been this year. The board has put in an inordinate amount of time and effort righting the ship, as it were. ISAP has over 400 members, up 100% from when we assumed the board responsibilities. The line up and participation of big name sponsors will be unprecedented at ISAP 2013. The speaker line up will educate, entertain and inspire. The field trips are always great and this year should be especially so with the addition of air to air photography opportunities (completely the dream child of Larry Grace).

So, wish I could be there to chill and have fun with you, but duty calls and I didn't have to have Rodolfo's mind to do the math on the equation before me for the week of ISAP 2013. Some of what I do this week will quite possibly affect some very fun, and rare opportunities for the MA2A family. Go, have fun, enjoy each other, and shoot a few for me!

JW

JWilsonphoto

Not so coincidentally, I have been commissioned to shoot the Manhattan Skyline at dusk in the near future. I've asked these folks to quote me a couple of hours in one of their 407's........

dswiger
Total Posts: 6537

Anybody here have some 1st person shots of 0-1 Birddog or 0-2 Mixmaster FAC planes?
I "worked" with them in '69, II Corps, 21 TASS as a radio operator.
Would love to see them!

Here's all I have from my time in the "Paris of the Orient"

Thanks

Dan

futurshox

My work isn't as glamorous as Jim's, but it is also keeping me from ISAP this year. I have three weeks to build, test and deploy a new website, and I'd really like three months.... Have fun, those who are going.

JWilsonphoto

Congratulations Lady Jo, welcome to the oven!

stevezzzz

We'll miss you two, and Rodolfo as well. Who else is or isn't going?

Jay and I are having dinner tomorrow; we'll be sure and raise a glass to absent friends...

1       2       3              3706      
       3708              4376       4377       end