Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3705

1       2       3              3705      
       3707              4872       4873       end

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

Razor17 wrote:
Hope to see Beth & Company next weekend in Brady, Texas...
Lynn

Hondo, TX is the show this coming weekend.

astrobrian

The one, the only....

Go4Long
Total Posts: 1983

Another from my old farm buildings shots from Saskatchewan

The Executive Estate by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

and another train shot

Up Close and Personal by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4071

This 1000' NOAA meteorological research tower looms just a couple of miles from the runway at KEIK. There are instrument packages at various levels so researchers can see, for instance, what the passage of a cold front looks like in three dimensions.

http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/technology/bao/

Stereo-X pair.

Kenj8246
Total Posts: 12102

A few more stills from the Corsicana airshow on Saturday. Medium format film with a Fuji GW690III rangefinder on Ektar 100 film.

Corsicana airshow medium format stills. by kenj8246, on Flickr

Kenny

astrobrian

Had a goal of working on my prop blur this show, I'm thinking my envelope is expanding quite well. Thanks in part goes to little tid bits Jay has said recently

Kenj8246
Total Posts: 12102

Whatever the trick, it seems to be working. Nice radial blur. I tried to get one of the P-51s as it taxied at 1/125 and f8 but that was a hair too quick.

Kenny

msalvetti
Total Posts: 3146

Glenn Watson wrote:

Glenn

Major "duck!" reaction on this one, Glenn. Just jumps off the page. What aperture/focal length does it take to get this much DOF?

Mark

Colin Giersberg
Total Posts: 2264

Hey Steve, no problem about making comments on Glenn's images, it's just that I am at a loss for any more words. The other issue is that every time I see one of Glenn's images, I feel like I need to duck, and in doing so, I knock myself out. Then there is the long recovery period to boot.

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3790

Hi Mark:
Good question! That was a big challenge i dont usually deal with during this flight to keep the lens stopped down enough. f/18 was needed for these at 150mm. ( a nice aviation aperture no?)

Glenn

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4775

I'm just waiting patiently until Glenn yacks up a clunker...

So, I'll be over here in the corner waiting. Just, waiting...

(Killer series with Jan & Co)

Wrei
Total Posts: 2922

A 'clunker' from Glenn these days would be an ground to air shot; he has set a 'high' standard!

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19068

Sorry Guys, haven't had a second to visit our home away from home today. Glenn, Sheesh! Just Sheesh!! I admire the discipline with which you have attacked your goals over the past year as much as the stellar technique. You have proven that it is possible to carve out a niche in one of the toughest market segments, and you have accomplished it with very little hoopla, just talent (and lots of it!), focus (not the lens kind, although you have that cornered as well), and excellent networking skills (after all you are a network engineer

I think we have just begun to see Glenn's talent. My money is one the best is yet to come! Scary huh?!

JWilsonphoto

Thanks Jan Arie! I stand corrected. I was so bleary eyed when I glanced at your post that I saw two engines and blue. I think I've pushed this old airframe to the limit over the past week, but I've gotten a ton of shooting and landscaping behind me, so it's been worth it. Today was a "light" one, church, landscaping, trimmed half my hedges and bushes, emptied the garage and scrubbed it, and washed, waxed and detailed Sheila's car. Three Advil and a shower. I guess I missed that "day of rest" Scripture, ugh.

Tomorrow the floor people descend in the early am, so HQ and the Marriott will be my base of operations for a few days.

JWilsonphoto

astrobrian wrote:
Had a goal of working on my prop blur this show, I'm thinking my envelope is expanding quite well. Thanks in part goes to little tid bits Jay has said recently

Man, from the looks of that wing, I'd pass on flying that bird. As we say her in the Lone Star, "She's been rode hard and put away wet!" Looks like it's about ready to sit atop a pole someplace.

Weston (the catcher) and his best friend (the pitcher), worked together yesterday to send this young runner to the dugout........

went
Total Posts: 1683

C'mon, people: have we grown so accustomed to excellence that we don't make even a passing comment concerning Glenn's latest salvo of stunning A2A shots? I'm still trying to coax my jaw back up off the floor!

Hi Steve thanks for the dig in the ribs, I must admit to marvelling at the assembly line of quality, knowledge and expertise, that flows from this site by the MA2A contributors, yes the photos are outstanding, and the skill of both photos & processing / photo finishing is equally impressive, as is the text which flows through this thread with equal parts of care / support and the sense of humour from photography buffs from around the world.

Its an amazing to think that Jim kicked the ball into play with a P51 photo and this whole thing has gone viral to continues to roll along like an avalanche to the point where if you are away for a week or so it takes about 3 weeks to catch up on this thread.

Steve the photos of the lake bed refill are impressive, and the resolution from your D800E amazing.

astrobrian

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Looks like it's about ready to sit atop a pole someplace.

They always have a sound that makes me think that too.

Amazing too when dealing with the slower shutter speed how much some parts of planes move in relation to the focal point you aim at.

astrobrian

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4071

The weather was perfect for a dusk flight this evening to really give the Kenyon a workout. D800+40-70mm f/2.8 +Kenyon 4x4.

Launched about half an hour before official sunset and landed about 10 minutes past the end of civil twilight, shooting all the way.

These are from the last 20 minutes of the flight, long after the sun was down and well into the gloaming. Jim, you knew this already, but I think I'm keeping the 4x4.

Angry
Total Posts: 1216

stevez wrote:
Glenn Watson wrote:
Everywhere you look wingtips are being chewed off by these guys!

Glenn

C'mon, people: have we grown so accustomed to excellence that we don't make even a passing comment concerning Glenn's latest salvo of stunning A2A shots? I'm still trying to coax my jaw back up off the floor!

Still trying to pick up (knocked off ) sox off the floor.......

Thats after being smacked with these images.....

Wowser !!...

Al

1       2       3              3705      
       3707              4872       4873       end