Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3701

1       2       3              3701      
       3703              4376       4377       end

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16328

Thanks Brian! I'm putting a plan in place to take this rig downtown. I envision a series of images of the Dallas skyline at about the same illumination, using a 407 as the platform. I'm going to be in Houston next week, might try putting the same thing together down there. I love it when a new tool gets you thinking about new possibilities! Now what I need is a body that has less noise at higher iso settings, lots less noise.

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

Another of AF1 on approach to KAUS, a little better editing job on this one me thinks, and a vapor trail.

JWilsonphoto

I just read a story on Canon surmising that there will be no more bodies released in 2013, They postulated that 2014 would be a big year for Canon "Pro" bodies. Given the history, I'd believe the first supposition, but will wait to see on the second. So, Canon won't be producing the next "lower noise" lens holder in 2013. I'd bet that Nikon will best them by another large MP body before the first Canon version is released. Come to think of it, I'm set either way so it doesn't really matter.

astrobrian

Last I had heard they were holding off on the 7D2 until they could have the new 100-400L ready as they were going to likely market the two as a pair. It wasn't going to happen til later in the year, so with that in mind it very well may have been moved into 2014. As for the MP wars.......yeah, that never ends

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3495

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Thanks Brian! I'm putting a plan in place to take this rig downtown. I envision a series of images of the Dallas skyline at about the same illumination, using a 407 as the platform. I'm going to be in Houston next week, might try putting the same thing together down there. I love it when a new tool gets you thinking about new possibilities! Now what I need is a body that has less noise at higher iso settings, lots less noise.

Did you shoot the 1DX at all in those conditions? Less noise, but fewer pixels...

futurshox
Total Posts: 2438

Brian, where did you shoot AF1 from? I was idly mulling the idea of going to see it but figured security might have things to say about long lenses...

astrobrian

Found a place that is off the beaten path a little bit north of 71 North of the Gatti's

futurshox
Total Posts: 2438

Oh, I see roughly where you mean. Thanks!

Years ago, I tried to shoot around there, in a neighbourhood. Some guy came out of his house to give me a hard time; asking if I was taking pictures of his house and telling me to stay off his property, so I left and never went back. For the record, I was on the road, never touched a blade of his grass.

Razor17
Total Posts: 346

JWilsonphoto wrote:
I've been jonesin' for a Six lately. Completely impractical, but that never stopped me before...............

They are addictive as I been building time in 947 from Cavanaugh's...

JWilsonphoto

Hi Zim,

No, I did shoot the stadium last August with both and we discussed the scenario. I didn't want to be changing stabilizers in the air so I stuck with the Nikon. I never got over iso 800 sooting the stadium so noise wasn't a big deal, although clearly more present in the 800 than the X. If you don't buy the 4x4, I might have you ship it to me and I'll add it as a second, for just such occasions. I find that scenario pretty unlikely though. Did you get your DDT unit today? Landscapes await!

RobMoser
Total Posts: 841

astrobrian wrote:
Another of AF1 on approach to KAUS, a little better editing job on this one me thinks, and a vapor trail.

That's not vapor; it's the hot air vent...

Rob

astrobrian

futurshox wrote:
Oh, I see roughly where you mean. Thanks!

Years ago, I tried to shoot around there, in a neighbourhood. Some guy came out of his house to give me a hard time; asking if I was taking pictures of his house and telling me to stay off his property, so I left and never went back. For the record, I was on the road, never touched a blade of his grass.

Yeah this was at a gravel place, guys there were curious if I needed help or what have you, but never bothered me beyond that.

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4567

Hard to believe only about 10 years separate these two and from the same company to boot...

Ugly Duck

Oh So Sexy Bearcat

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2660

Delay for the 7DII makes sense if it really will be a new sensor. It really has to be to keep up with Nikon. The 7D is by far the nosiest 1.6 crop Canon body. This will be my fourth year with mine. That's a LONG time between updates. If they tweak the current sensor, it will still have a ton of noise. They need new tech, and new facilities to make them. That takes a lot of $$ and time. Probably a good reason why Nikon is letting Sony make their sensors.

FlyingPhotog

Yamamoto's Reception Committee

JWilsonphoto

Beauties Jay!

FlyingPhotog

TY

FlyingPhotog

Sunny Days are so over rated...

Gimme the giant softbox please!

Tim Ashton
Total Posts: 3071

JWilsonphoto wrote:
I just read a story on Canon surmising that there will be no more bodies released in 2013, They postulated that 2014 would be a big year for Canon "Pro" bodies. Given the history, I'd believe the first supposition, but will wait to see on the second. So, Canon won't be producing the next "lower noise" lens holder in 2013. I'd bet that Nikon will best them by another large MP body before the first Canon version is released. Come to think of it, I'm set either way so it doesn't really matter.

Jim

The way I see it we are blessed with incredible offerings. For me, if I were starting afresh, I would aspire to the 5D3 and considering I have close on 50 years of Nikon ownership, that is probably sacrilege. why no D800? Lack the discipline to exploit 36 megapixels. 20 to 25 more forgiving
Great tims and amazing results from all

Tim

Angry
Total Posts: 1210

stevez wrote:
Angry wrote:
Thanks, Jeff, Niall, Jay Steve & Tim...

Out of all I think Tim probable shoots closest to my kind of images,...with Motorsport....
I just shoot with less skill...
Thinking about keeping the 1D$ & getting a 5D3,....7D might become Long range . good light camera/Backup....
Seems the 7D is like the 100-400 , OK in good light.....but not quite there...

Thanks guys..

That sound like a good plan, Al. You've already got the 1D4, right?

Yep I bought a pre-loved one late last year..Great camera, works well had 104000 shutter count ,...just looks banged around on the outside...scuff marks but its a great camera....

Thinkin thinkin....my lovely Wife has now given the OK for 5DE3 ,...but now she has hinted at a bit more budget.........Im wondering if a 1DX would answer all my problems...

Al

1       2       3              3701      
       3703              4376       4377       end