Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3701

1       2       3              3701      
       3703              4533       4534       end

yipDog
Total Posts: 148

Have been going through the archives and finding some keepers...

Pitts S-2C takeoff

Turbonanza!

And a fun CAP 232 composite for y'all! (yes the plane is all composite and the pic is too!) This is a "full-sized" airplane shot with a 300mm f2.8 II wide open so the DOF makes it look tiny. The mountains and sky are from a different shot.

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4097

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Jan-Arie wrote:
only drawback are the green and red artifacts don't know how much it stays visible when printed..

What Artifacts?

In the photo of the Typhoon you see some green and red but I can't see how you all see it on your home screens

Edit for topps
One from the files 2005 Reno P51D Val-Halla

Wrei
Total Posts: 2939

Since there isn't a friends business jet (hey JW ) at KTPL, I am slowly going through some old photos of my wife to scan and process through LR/CS 6, you may have seen one I posted earlier. If any of you have any good ideas on retouching oldies, let me know. I am basically trying to improve the white balance from the orange cast and retouching damage plus improving the sharpening where I can.

Before:
(Wife and I leaving the wedding in my Karman Ghia)

After:

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4084

Jan-Arie wrote:
FlyingPhotog wrote:
Jan-Arie wrote:
only drawback are the green and red artifacts don't know how much it stays visible when printed..

What Artifacts?

In the photo of the Typhoon you see some green and red but I can't see how you all see it on your home screens

Chroma noise in the dark skies, J-A? Can't you cut out the airframe and use a more aggressive noise reduction on the background, and maybe add some Gaussian blur, too?

stevezzzz

Wrei wrote:
Since there isn't a friends business jet (hey JW ) at KTPL, I am slowly going through some old photos of my wife to scan and process through LR/CS 6, you may have seen one I posted earlier. If any of you have any good ideas on retouching oldies, let me know. I am basically trying to improve the white balance from the orange cast and retouching damage plus improving the sharpening where I can.

Well done, Wrei! If it were mine I'd add a density gradient filter to darken the bottom where the foreground is overexposed: it stands out too much as it is now. And a few minutes with the healing brush and clone tools would clean up a lot of the damaged spots without much effort.

stevezzzz

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Hey Zim, I'm going to a Phase One dog and pony show here on the 25th. There's one in Denver on the 28th.

Good thing I'll be in Phoenix on the 28th: it wouldn't do to expose my wallet to the Phase One guys.

Wrei

Thanks Steve, I tried that in LR and didn't like the results so I am going to play with it in CS 6.

Jan-Arie

Typhoon full blower
Gunfighter from 2006 @ Midland
Devil Dog before the new paint

Wrei

Another good one Jan-Arie!

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19275

Eddie Ray, you don't worry your pretty little head, you are on the list. Heck I won't even have to raise the gear to get to you!

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 9318

OUCH poor Devil Dog.

Jan-Arie wrote:
Typhoon full blower
Gunfighter from 2006 @ Midland
Devil Dog before the new paint

NightOwl Cat

a few from last summer

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4775

Evening Commute

JWilsonphoto

stevez wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
Hey Zim, I'm going to a Phase One dog and pony show here on the 25th. There's one in Denver on the 28th.

Good thing I'll be in Phoenix on the 28th: it wouldn't do to expose my wallet to the Phase One guys.

I forgot! I'll report back after the show and tell.

JWilsonphoto

Jay, I can't remember, did you end up buying a 200-400? What are your impressions of the lens?

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4775

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Jay, I can't remember, did you end up buying a 200-400? What are your impressions of the lens?

I have not pulled the trigger on a 200-400 yet.

From the two days I used it at Osh last summer, I give it two big thumbs up, but what's really staying my hand is I want to wait and see how reliable it is.

Yes, mixing and matching glass and TCs is a bit fussy sometimes, but there are few if any moving parts and it also means I have options right now. If the 200-400 is your only "reach" and it goes Tango Uniform on you at a crucial moment, well, then what?

So I'm waiting for now. Optically though, it's amazing and no more difficult to wrangle than my current 500mm f/4L IS.

stevezzzz

I'll second Jay's impression of the EF 200-400: fantastic IQ, unmatched versatility...and a lot of moving parts.

NightOwl Cat

I just looked at the N number on the experimental plane I posted.

Jan-Arie

My newest member of the family .

They gave a nice price for my 400 f/5.6 so i traded it in

stevezzzz

You'll find a thousand uses for the 70-200 II, J-A, and you'll smile every time you find a reason to pull it out of your camera bag. It's that good.

1       2       3              3701      
       3703              4533       4534       end