Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3691

1       2       3              3691      
       3693              4342       4343       end

Wrei
Total Posts: 2242

Another long day working at the Central Texas Airshow, but very rewarding. I drove a WWII VIP who was part of the Iwo Jima invasion, a Brittish WWII bomber pilot, and two Wounded Warriors. What a pleasure and honor!

I asked one of the Wounded Warriors (Sgt. Ben) where he was from and he said New York. I asked if he found Texas a lot different than New York. His answer? "Yes, in a lot of ways, and mostly for the better!"

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16220

Nuthin we don't already know Eddie Ray!

cbrandt
Total Posts: 1486

Just so happened I took a shot of it sitting there while lookin' at the color scheme on the Citation yesterday ..

cbrandt
Total Posts: 1486

If there isn't alot of ramp traffic, they'll probably let you go look it over .. shoot some photos.

It isn't like Cambridge which has no fence, where your on the tarmac once you step out of the building - Turkey season .. I should of been down there this morning to get more practice on the Global leaving ..

Razor17
Total Posts: 335

Glenn Watson wrote:
Thanks for the nice comments...that was an amazing flight. Im nervous before every flight, and especially so with new gear. But trial by fire is the best way to learn right?? That Jan Collmer is an amazing pilot - I think the Extra is controlled by his mind. Andrew is no slouch either - sure is a treat to fly with "pros" that put them selves exactly where you ask and stay there until you tell them to move.

Thought this a was pretty neat looking frame....I love flying with smoke on. half because it looks so awesome, and half because you get to say "smoke on" all the time

Glenn

I really like the late afternoon colors on this one... Well done...

Lynn

Razor17
Total Posts: 335

Wrei wrote:
Another long day working at the Central Texas Airshow, but very rewarding. I drove a WWII VIP who was part of the Iwo Jima invasion, a Brittish WWII bomber pilot, and two Wounded Warriors. What a pleasure and honor!

I asked one of the Wounded Warriors (Sgt. Ben) where he was from and he said New York. I asked if he found Texas a lot different than New York. His answer? "Yes, in a lot of ways, and mostly for the better!"

Thanks for sharing these, who's Corsair is this??

Lynn

msalvetti
Total Posts: 2872

Glenn Watson wrote:
Thanks for the nice comments...that was an amazing flight. Im nervous before every flight, and especially so with new gear. But trial by fire is the best way to learn right?? That Jan Collmer is an amazing pilot - I think the Extra is controlled by his mind. Andrew is no slouch either - sure is a treat to fly with "pros" that put them selves exactly where you ask and stay there until you tell them to move.

Thought this a was pretty neat looking frame....I love flying with smoke on. half because it looks so awesome, and half because you get to say "smoke on" all the time

Glenn

Glenn, this one is stunning. It looks more like a painting than a photograph. Reminds me of a painted advertisement from a vintage magazine, including the interior of your plane.

Mark

Kenj8246
Total Posts: 11897

Not up to the usual high standards of this forum and black and white film, to boot. Some shots from the static display Saturday morning. WAY to much light for b&w flm and the only hood I had was wrong for my 50mm lens. You'll see some vignetting in these cuz of that. They don't get much sexier than a Corsair IMO.

F4U Corsair, Central TX Airshow by kenj8246, on Flickr

Kenny

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3059

Thanks Mark. How are things getting along in your home town?

Glenn Watson

Hi Jim:

Affirmative on the Skybolt ID...I will talk to Jeremy tomorrow when I deliver his images and get your contact info to him re: builder...as payment i'm second in line to fly upside down in yours when its finished!

Glenn

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

Corsair up

astrobrian

Speed Demon

astrobrian

Welcome to my office...

Wrei
Total Posts: 2242

Lynn, the Corsair and the P-40 Brian posted belong to the Texas Flying Lengends Museum at Ellington Field near Houston.

http://www.texasflyinglegends.org

They also brought an Avenger and an original (um, with a PW engine) Zero A6.

msalvetti
Total Posts: 2872

Glenn Watson wrote:
Thanks Mark. How are things getting along in your home town?

Thanks for asking, Glenn. I guess more or less back to normal on the surface. Nice outpouring of support for all affected. It was terrible, but at the same time the response kind of renewed my faith in people in general, and this city and region in particular.

Otherwise, waiting for spring (it was 38F this morning). It will be interesting to see how they plan security for 500,000 people on the 4th of July.

Mark

JWilsonphoto

Sad Mark, but we are going to need to "get used" to these things, like Israel has. No matter how good our people are, they only have to be wrong once. It doesn't help that the domestic bombing security budget was cut 45% recently, that makes a lot of sense.

JWilsonphoto

Welcome Kenny, keep 'em coming.

JWilsonphoto

Nice shot of Randy blowing out the MiG Brian. Wish Glenn Smith was in formation with him.

astrobrian

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Nice shot of Randy blowing out the MiG Brian. Wish Glenn Smith was in formation with him.

Thanks Jim, With that much fun to be had I bet he was with him.

Glenn Watson

Hi Lynn: Thanks buddy. Are you going to Corsicana next weekend?

1       2       3              3691      
       3693              4342       4343       end