Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3685

1       2       3              3685      
       3687              4344       4345       end

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2171

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
I think any of us would be honored to get a message from Jim inviting us to participate in some of his professional work. Myself included, of course... though I don't know what I might bring to the table that Beckman, Zimmerman, et al, cannot.

Rodolfo, I whole heartedly agree with you that for those selected it would be an honour and a great learning experience. In my own case, the small matter of 5000miles or so rules me out..

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1906

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
I think any of us would be honored to get a message from Jim inviting us to participate in some of his professional work. Myself included, of course... though I don't know what I might bring to the table that Beckman, Zimmerman, et al, cannot.

You would bring plenty to the table kind sir. I would sustain your nomination without hesitation

msalvetti
Total Posts: 2872

I think there are many of us that would be happy just to bring drinks and food to the table, and be able to watch the Dream Team in action.

Mark

Bill Gass
Total Posts: 3893

Play day today !

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9752

Jeff W. wrote:
You would bring plenty to the table kind sir. I would sustain your nomination without hesitation

Thank you, Jeff. I consider myself a serious and competent professional, though certainly not at your level (yet!).

But if I were Jim, I'd be looking for the best I could get for this job, and there are others with both greater talent and availability than I. He's certainly not hurting for options! In addition to both Rock Star and Sandman whom I've already mentioned, and a few other not-quite-so-studly-as-they shooters from this community, Jim's also got access and great relationships with a whole host of talented shooters: Bowen, Grace, Boyd (who's already involved), and Koepnick are only the first names who come to mind.

And this is still just in the aviation arena. Jim surely knows dozens of other shooters who are more focused on other areas of photography but are equally or even more talented. And remember, this role didn't sound too aviation-focused from Jim's brief first description.

So I certainly won't hold my breath waiting for that phone call. But a guy can dream.

Jeff W.

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
Jeff W. wrote:

Thank you, Jeff. I consider myself a serious and competent professional, though certainly not at your level (yet!).

But if I were Jim, I'd be looking for the best I could get for this job, and there are others with both greater talent and availability than I. He's certainly not hurting for options! In addition to both Rock Star and Sandman whom I've already mentioned, and a few other not-quite-so-studly-as-they shooters from this community, Jim's also got access and great relationships with a whole host of talented shooters: Bowen, Grace, Boyd (who's already involved), and Koepnick are only the first names who come to mind.

And this is still just in the aviation arena. Jim surely knows dozens of other shooters who are more focused on other areas of photography but are equally or even more talented. And remember, this role didn't sound too aviation-focused from Jim's brief first description.

So I certainly won't hold my breath waiting for that phone call. But a guy can dream.

I concur with your notion of Jim using the best of the best. Maybe JW can get his buddy McNally (one of my favorite shooters) to join this dream team. Joe would certainly bring a unique vision. I'd be honored to simply serve as a "step-n-fetch-it" photo assistant. It certainly will be fun to watch this unfold on MA2A.

Jeff W.

If you've not had a chance to watch this documentary, I highly recommend it.

http://www.smithsonianchannel.com/site/sn/show.do?episode=134976

Compelling stuff and should really touch the MA2A image makers.

Go4Long
Total Posts: 1559

More road trip fun:

CN Wilkie by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16221

Hi Y'All! Sorry abut being com out today, lots going on and more details falling into place. Since my Tuesday meeting with our group this project has become more incredible day by day. What a pleasure it was to have a birthday lunch with Jeremy! If I could freehand a sketch of one of the most genuinely fine men, on every level, the final product would look like Jeremy Boyd. He is one of those guys you could toss the keys to the kingdom to and never give it a second thought. To think, I would never have had the pleasure of becoming friends with "Boydo" had it not been for our little group here.

On the "Dream team" subject, don't have a clue what shape that will need to take at this point. Thins are happening so quickly, and the project is growing in significance at such a pace, that it's a challenge staying with it right now. You all will know what's up as things progress. Thank you for your collective spirit, regardless of the route my photographic team needs to take, I appreciate your willingness to jump on. I would trust any and all of you with the responsibilities I'm looking at, and be honored (as I often am) to shoot shoulder to shoulder with you. I'll keep you posted. Once I have a little better handle on the responsibilities, and I see what direction we're going, I'll begin formulating a plan of action.

Judging from what I learned today, this will be one spectacular event, in an ongoing series of spectacular events. For openers, in addition to the names I mentioned the other evening, we now have Carrie Underwood, Faith Hill, Trace Adkins, and Taylor Swift committed, and that's since Tuesday! We are now positioned to give a Vet a new home every 15 minutes, and to find them employment every 15 seconds, not bad for starters.

JWilsonphoto

Steve, I didn't think you were busting my chops for the the EV parking space. I took it in the spirit it was given.

dehowie
Total Posts: 1003

Greetings everyone.
Big week for our airline with our 100th A-320 arriving.
If I didnt spend so much time flying them it would allow me to take some more photos!!
Here she is..sharklets and all..

Glad it stopped raining for like 2 minutes so i could grab some shots of her..
Hope everyone is well..

Colin Giersberg
Total Posts: 2105

For what is worth, Airbus broke ground for an aircraft plant to build A320's in Mobile, Alabama a couple of weeks ago, so it is nice to see more heavy industry and jobs being created for the U.S. economy.

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

JWilsonphoto wrote:

For openers, in addition to the names I mentioned the other evening, we now have Carrie Underwood, Faith Hill, Trace Adkins, and Taylor Swift committed, and that's since Tuesday! We are now positioned to give a Vet a new home every 15 minutes, and to find them employment every 15 seconds, not bad for starters.

Impressive

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7749

Steve, that's the Boeing X-40A.
http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=13873

I turned around from shooting what you can see reflected in the plexiglass, and that's the first thought that came to mind.. how strong was that plexiglass

stevez wrote:
Laura, what's that we're seeing in your third shot, behind the plexiglas? Drogue chutes for something exotic? Just the overall cross section is intriguing.

Angry
Total Posts: 1210

Tim Adams wrote:
Jeff W. wrote:
Tim Adams wrote:
For the sportscar fans,

http://www.6speedonline.com/articles/2013-audi-r18-e-tron-testing/

Makes a Grand-Am Daytona Prototype look like something Fred Flintstone mobile.

There really is nothing like seeing it in person. When you see them approach a corner you start thinking to yourself that they can't possibly take the corner that fast, and then they do. The downforce is just insane. The Kink is one of the most famous corners in road racing. It is coming off the carousel at Road America, everybody has to lift, if even slightly off the throttle to get thru safely, not a P1 though they take it flat out. It's amazing to watch.

Dave Brabham tells me the downforce generated by the Audi's Toyotas & Honds now is insane....the ability to stick to hte road is nearly on par with F1 used to be...
Surprisingly he & McNish are very good friends....especially considering they started F3 in the UK back in 1989 & were the two fornt runners fior the championchip...
Talked about the Simulator training.....unbelievable !! unbelievable technology....

Al

DanNehmer
Total Posts: 272

Jim,

You have Trace in on this, WOW. Make sure he sings "Arlington" and "Till the Last Shot's fired". I don't know of two better tribute songs for our heros than those, and Trace is one heck of outstanding individual.

This sounds really awesome for our troops. I may not be able to help with shooting considering the tallent on this forum, but if you need someone to hand out water bottles and whatever, give me a call.

Dan

DanNehmer

Started writing a letter today.

"Dear Al,

Please explain to me again your theories on this global warming thing. I dearly want to better understand, cause as you can see from the attached pictures today, May 2, 2013 from central Iowa there is certainly something I don't understand. This certainly can't be snow in May, not with all this warming going on.

Sincerely,
A fan that wants to believe spring is coming"

Yes, we have snow in central Iowa, and a friend up in Owatana has 18 inches of the white stuff. This is just crazy!

Dan

JWilsonphoto

Shovel that "climate change" Dan! The climate changed down here today, upper 30's with winds gusting to 40. No biggie, "climate change" will happen again soon and it will be 80 on Tuesday!

DanNehmer

We certainly have shoveled our share of climate change this year. Not quite as bad as 1978/1979 but close. Kids were off school almost every week in Feb & Mar. Had a good old fashon winter, that's for sure.

Dan

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7749

Took both the math and chemistry finals today (May 2nd), and the chemistry final was graded quickly and results posted. I guess my brain isn't as rusty as I thought it was... I got a 90 on it! My average for the class is 88.9, so close to an A I can smell it... My psych class average is 89.65, even closer to that elusive A...

What makes this all special is that May 2nd last year is the day his brain tumors showed themselves and turned my world upside down.

1       2       3              3685      
       3687              4344       4345       end