Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3684

1       2       3              3684      
       3686              4321       4322       end

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7721

That definitely sounds like a dream team for sure! I bet your PM box is overflowing with Pick me Pick me's alerady

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Looks like I'll be putting a team of photographers/videographers together to work with me in my new role. Know anywhere I can find a dozen great shooters who have a heart for our military? We met with Mark Cuban today and he is all in, to the tune of "whatever it takes!" I guess the fuse is officially lit!

cbrandt
Total Posts: 1486

I saw a post on my FB this morning that a stunt pilot with Red Bull on his way to an airshow in Austria may of crashed and perished ..

http://www.demorgen.be/dm/nl/990/Buitenland/article/detail/1625261/2013/05/01/Red-Bull-stuntpiloot-komt-om-bij-crash-in-Oostenrijk.dhtml

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2637

Jeff W. wrote:
Tim Adams wrote:
For the sportscar fans,

http://www.6speedonline.com/articles/2013-audi-r18-e-tron-testing/

Makes a Grand-Am Daytona Prototype look like something Fred Flintstone mobile.

The r-18's simply blow me away. Reminds me of the sound I heard an ASK-21 make on a high speed low pass at Val Air in Durango. Will Audi give McNish another opportunity to nuke one of these beasts?

There really is nothing like seeing it in person. When you see them approach a corner you start thinking to yourself that they can't possibly take the corner that fast, and then they do. The downforce is just insane. The Kink is one of the most famous corners in road racing. It is coming off the carousel at Road America, everybody has to lift, if even slightly off the throttle to get thru safely, not a P1 though they take it flat out. It's amazing to watch.

pfnskyshots
Total Posts: 909

went wrote:
Does anyone know who took the photo of the Yak 3 ?

You mean the one that was about 30 ft above the runway? That would be me. I'm hoping to get some more of them pretty soon. We were also talking about doing some air-to-air next time they're in the area.

--Rich

Go4Long
Total Posts: 1539

On a road trip this week for work to the beautiful town of Saskatoon (sarcasm)...I booked a midsize rental car...they gave me this instead:

Road Trip by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

Jon Uhler
Total Posts: 2439

went wrote:
WW1 cleared for take off

Great shots!

Reminds me of the movie, The Great Waldo Pepper......

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3398

went wrote:

Ha! Good catch, went. Turns out I've got two photos on the Wanaka home page: the smoke-filled Iroquois is one of mine, too.

stevezzzz

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Looks like I'll be putting a team of photographers/videographers together to work with me in my new role. Know anywhere I can find a dozen great shooters who have a heart for our military? We met with Mark Cuban today and he is all in, to the tune of "whatever it takes!" I guess the fuse is officially lit!

You're looking for qualified minions, Jim? Did you see my hand shoot up in the air?

stevezzzz

pfnskyshots wrote:
went wrote:

You mean the one that was about 30 ft above the runway? That would be me. I'm hoping to get some more of them pretty soon. We were also talking about doing some air-to-air next time they're in the area.

--Rich

Now I'm confused. Rich, are you talking about the shot you posted a day or two ago? I think went's talking about the Warbirds Over Wanaka home page. But I've been known to be wrong. Rarely, but it does happen.

stevezzzz

Go4Long wrote:
On a road trip this week for work to the beautiful town of Saskatoon (sarcasm)...I booked a midsize rental car...they gave me this instead:

Good thing the gas goes on your expense account, Steve.

futurshox
Total Posts: 2399

Sweet ride, Steve! (no bias at all ;-)

stevezzzz

Laura, what's that we're seeing in your third shot, behind the plexiglas? Drogue chutes for something exotic? Just the overall cross section is intriguing.

stevezzzz

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Truthfully, I pulled into that space just for the pic, then pulled out. No charging station and the space is perpetually empty while the rest of the parking lot is perpetually full. I really kind of look at it as mildly annoying, kind of like the "employee of the month" sign in a space by the front door of a Marriott when I'm dragging in at midnight after a day of schlepping. Yes, if the electric car space had a charging unit that would be a mean move to park there, and disabled spaces (although I see quite a bit of abuse) is really tacky. There seems to be more disabled spaces than disabled people, but I'd rather have it that way than have one challenged person be inconvenienced, anywhere.

The Ev space is in Fry's parking lot, one space, no amenities, give me a break. Besides, if you're in a Volt, I paid for the 50 K overage so the owner doesn't deserve a preferred space!

I wasn't busting your chops, Jim, I could see there was probably nothing more there than a sign and we agree there's no good reason for an EV to get preference for parking, only charging. I wonder if Fry's is required to put up that sign or if it's a corporate policy?

pfnskyshots
Total Posts: 909

stevez wrote:
pfnskyshots wrote:
went wrote:

--Rich

Now I'm confused. Rich, are you talking about the shot you posted a day or two ago? I think went's talking about the Warbirds Over Wanaka home page. But I've been known to be wrong. Rarely, but it does happen.

OK; now I'm confused too! I don't remember seeing another Yak photo posted recently (probably missed it) so I thought he was asking about mine. I give up; maybe someone will come along to help us see the light!

stevezzzz

pfnskyshots wrote:

OK; now I'm confused too! I don't remember seeing another Yak photo posted recently (probably missed it) so I thought he was asking about mine. I give up; maybe someone will come along to help us see the light!

Not posted here, but on the Warbirds Over Wanaka website that went linked to:

http://www.warbirdsoverwanaka.com/home.html

Chopper filled with smoke near the top; Yak-3 near the bottom.

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3567

cbrandt wrote:
I saw a post on my FB this morning that a stunt pilot with Red Bull on his way to an airshow in Austria may of crashed and perished ..

http://www.demorgen.be/dm/nl/990/Buitenland/article/detail/1625261/2013/05/01/Red-Bull-stuntpiloot-komt-om-bij-crash-in-Oostenrijk.dhtml

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3567

Tim Adams wrote:
Jeff W. wrote:
Tim Adams wrote:
For the sportscar fans,

http://www.6speedonline.com/articles/2013-audi-r18-e-tron-testing/

Makes a Grand-Am Daytona Prototype look like something Fred Flintstone mobile.

The r-18's simply blow me away. Reminds me of the sound I heard an ASK-21 make on a high speed low pass at Val Air in Durango. Will Audi give McNish another opportunity to nuke one of these beasts?

There really is nothing like seeing it in person. When you see them approach a corner you start thinking to yourself that they can't possibly take the corner that fast, and then they do. The downforce is just insane. The Kink is one of the most famous corners in road racing. It is coming off the carousel at Road America, everybody has to lift, if even slightly off the throttle to get thru safely, not a P1 though they take it flat out. It's amazing to watch.

Awesome piece of engineering looking forward to seeing it race in a couple of weeks...

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2158

Moody Rafale

gerov
Total Posts: 8664

Very moody indeed, Mark

Gero

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9742

I think any of us would be honored to get a message from Jim inviting us to participate in some of his professional work. Myself included, of course... though I don't know what I might bring to the table that Beckman, Zimmerman, et al, cannot.

1       2       3              3684      
       3686              4321       4322       end