Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3682

1       2       3              3682      
3683
       3684              4397       4398       end

Bill Gass
Registered: Feb 09, 2006
Total Posts: 3923
Country: United States

Belated Happy Birthday Jim,

Which one you wanna fly ?
Sorry for the crappy point and shoot quality.
Got one of the Lear/Citation's in the shed that they're still looking for parts for, I guess on of 8 made.

We made the dash panel.



Leo Hursh
Registered: Jul 18, 2004
Total Posts: 1641
Country: United States

Happy belated birthday Jim!

It's good to be back after a month-long self-imposed break from media in general with the exception of work related emails.

I'm about 55 pages behind but hope to be caught up in a couple of days.



futurshox
Registered: Feb 15, 2008
Total Posts: 2447
Country: United States

Leo Hursh wrote:
self-imposed break from media in general


I can imagine that might be good for the soul!



Jon Uhler
Registered: Dec 08, 2006
Total Posts: 2446
Country: United States

FlyingPhotog wrote:



My fav of yours....



david russell
Registered: Jan 06, 2008
Total Posts: 749
Country: United States

Glenn Watson wrote:
Hi Steve:
Cool word Phalanx - I had to look it up. I've seen at least 2 model S's in Austin lately - pretty dang sweet looking!

Glenn


...and I can report that they are pretty sweet driving too.....thanks to our friend Steve..... pretty sweet indeed



stevezzzz
Registered: Aug 01, 2010
Total Posts: 3513
Country: United States

david russell wrote:
Glenn Watson wrote:
Hi Steve:
Cool word Phalanx - I had to look it up. I've seen at least 2 model S's in Austin lately - pretty dang sweet looking!

Glenn


...and I can report that they are pretty sweet driving too.....thanks to our friend Steve..... pretty sweet indeed


Driving the Model S has spoiled me for anything with a gas engine, I don't care how sweet a ride I would have considered it a year ago. The S is so darn quiet and the application of power is so quick and smooth and...well, powerful: no muss, no fuss: just GO. Merging onto the highway? Marginal passing opportunity? First in line at a stoplight? It makes me smile just to think about it. WIth only one forward gear, instant throttle response and full torque at zero rpm, you merely think about what you want to do and the car just does it, like right now.

If you're not looking to buy a new car, here's my advice: don't, under any circumstances, allow yourself to take a test drive in a Model S. You'll be lost if you do.



Rodolfo Paiz
Registered: Jan 07, 2007
Total Posts: 9758
Country: United States

stevez wrote:
Driving the Model S has spoiled me for anything with a gas engine, I don't care how sweet a ride I would have considered it a year ago. [...]

If you're not looking to buy a new car, here's my advice: don't, under any circumstances, allow yourself to take a test drive in a Model S. You'll be lost if you do.


Agreed on all points. It's that good, maybe even better.



Rodolfo Paiz
Registered: Jan 07, 2007
Total Posts: 9758
Country: United States

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Oh yeah, and I found this neat parking space that is pretty much always vacant. I figured that there's not a Tesla closer than Miami or Colorado and I'm pretty sure my Landcruiser has electricity in it.........................


Like Steve, I see no real reason to favor EV's with preferential parking unless it's a political statement that EV's are cleaner and the local politics want to encourage that with a perk. If it has been so marked, however, you may be subject to some stiff fines for parking there, so I'd check on that to be sure before using it.

Also as Steve noted, it's different when that parking spot has a charger in it... then please, don't ICE it because someone will probably need it. That's our "gas station" and we all know not to block the pumps, right? The number of electric cars and plug-in hybrids that need those chargers is growing quickly.



J Mosher
Registered: Dec 26, 2007
Total Posts: 165
Country: United States

FlyingPhotog wrote:


Jay,

I love this image. Simplicity and the use of shallow depth of field really work. Great shot!

JM



MMcGrath
Registered: Apr 15, 2006
Total Posts: 2203
Country: United Kingdom

stevez wrote:
david russell wrote:
Glenn Watson wrote:
Hi Steve:
Cool word Phalanx - I had to look it up. I've seen at least 2 model S's in Austin lately - pretty dang sweet looking!

Glenn


...and I can report that they are pretty sweet driving too.....thanks to our friend Steve..... pretty sweet indeed


Driving the Model S has spoiled me for anything with a gas engine, I don't care how sweet a ride I would have considered it a year ago. The S is so darn quiet and the application of power is so quick and smooth and...well, powerful: no muss, no fuss: just GO. Merging onto the highway? Marginal passing opportunity? First in line at a stoplight? It makes me smile just to think about it. WIth only one forward gear, instant throttle response and full torque at zero rpm, you merely think about what you want to do and the car just does it, like right now.

If you're not looking to buy a new car, here's my advice: don't, under any circumstances, allow yourself to take a test drive in a Model S. You'll be lost if you do.


No matter how good an electric car is, it can't beat the smell of burning petrol.



bobl
Registered: Sep 08, 2003
Total Posts: 2753
Country: United States

I saw my buddy David at the Post Office the other day. He has two Teslas, a roadster and a new Model S. I asked, "So, how's the new ride treatin' ya?" He responded, with tongue firmly planted in his cheek, "Terrible. Just ghastly!"



went
Registered: Apr 27, 2002
Total Posts: 1679
Country: New Zealand

Back on Terra Firm'a
Thanks guys for the kind words, the Omaka Air Show is held bi-annually as occurs with Wanaka, & therefore the next one is in 2015, and was actually more impressive than Wanaka especially for Gold Pass holders and the service could not have been more friendly.
enjoy



stevezzzz
Registered: Aug 01, 2010
Total Posts: 3513
Country: United States

MMcGrath wrote:
No matter how good an electric car is, it can't beat the smell of burning petrol.


How does that old joke go? In order for something to qualify as a hobby for guys, it has to a) cost a lot of money, b) make a lot of noise and c) burn a lot of gas.

Well, that's going to change within our lifetimes, though maybe not completely. I admit the sensory 'cocktail' is different with an EV, but there's more to driving than engine noise and the smell of exhaust. Besides, when you drift an S you can hear the tires squeal so much more clearly...



stevezzzz
Registered: Aug 01, 2010
Total Posts: 3513
Country: United States

Back to some aerials from AZ. This is a formation in the Painted Desert not too far from Winslow.



Angry
Registered: Nov 08, 2011
Total Posts: 1210
Country: Australia

Sorry for the Delay...

Happy Birthday Jim,....from DownUnder !!!

Thinking about more of those Violet Crumble Bars,.... birthday boy ?

All the best .

AL



Angry
Registered: Nov 08, 2011
Total Posts: 1210
Country: Australia

stevez wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
Oh yeah, and I found this neat parking space that is pretty much always vacant. I figured that there's not a Tesla closer than Miami or Colorado and I'm pretty sure my Landcruiser has electricity in it.........................


I'll take a stab at this before Rodolfo jumps in.

If that parking space is just an ordinary space with a 'electric vehicles only' sign, I'd only be mildly annoyed to find it "ICE'd" (that's what we electric car owners call it when an internal combustion engine vehicle parks in a spot designated for EV's) because I see no particular reason why EV's should be favored when it comes to parking. If they are favored, it's because the local political jurisdiction (or the lot's owner) wants to promote EV's.

If, however, a designated EV parking space is outfitted with a charging station, then it's a whole different thing. Blocking an EV charging station with a non-EV means that when an EV driver arrives needing a 'fill-up' to continue a trip, they're just SOL until the ICE driver shows up and moves. In the current state of the EV charging infrastructure, it's as if you were crossing west Texas in your Land Cruiser and the only gas pump in 50 miles was blocked by a phalanx of 5th-wheel trailers, with no one in sight: that gas pump is a scarce resource blocked by stuff that can't benefit from the resource.

Put another way, handicap spots are usually empty, too. It would make more sense to put charging points way out at the edges of parking lots, where the spots are less likely to be tempting to uncaring ICE drivers; but the reality is it's a lot less expensive to install chargers close to where electrical service already exists, and that usually means EV charging spots are located close in to the facility that's providing them, and thus they're typically adjacent to some primo parking spots.

There's an emerging etiquette among EV drivers about sharing public charging points (it's just as annoying to find a Nissan Leaf parked in an EV-only spot when they're not even plugged in, as it is to be ICE'd). I carry a sign to put on the dashboard when I'm charging at a public charge point that includes my cell phone number and a place to write in the time I'll be finished charging.

By the way, there's at least one Tesla Model S in McKinnie and Texas is one of Tesla's biggest markets, the auto dealer lobby's efforts to hobble Tesla's sales efforts notwithstanding.


Steve, I ahve a biger bugbear, my wife is virtually confined to a wheelchair these days,....you should try getting a disabled parking spot cause you HAVE to unload a wheelchair for access....

Dunno about in the US but here it seems that in a few places Stupidity is considered a disability...

Al



FlyingPhotog
Registered: May 09, 2008
Total Posts: 4602
Country: United States

In Washington DC, it's considered a Job Requirement...



stevezzzz
Registered: Aug 01, 2010
Total Posts: 3513
Country: United States

FlyingPhotog wrote:
In Washington DC, it's considered a Job Requirement...


*rim shot*



stevezzzz
Registered: Aug 01, 2010
Total Posts: 3513
Country: United States

A late spring snowstorm spells trouble for the tulips. Makes for a nice photo, though.



Tim Adams
Registered: Jan 01, 2004
Total Posts: 2674
Country: United States

For the sportscar fans,

http://www.6speedonline.com/articles/2013-audi-r18-e-tron-testing/

Makes a Grand-Am Daytona Prototype look like something Fred Flintstone mobile.



1       2       3              3682      
3683
       3684              4397       4398       end