Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3680

1       2       3              3680      
3681
       3682              4534       4535       end

stevezzzz
Registered: Aug 01, 2010
Total Posts: 4085
Country: United States

Most of the visible gearing in the Double Wasp cutaway is at the back end (accessories? geared supercharger?) but there is something going on in the nose case, too...



Go4Long
Registered: Sep 04, 2005
Total Posts: 2015
Country: Canada

stevez wrote:

FlyingPhotog wrote:
A little flashback for my fellow "Steves"


Very nice indeed, Steve2


I thought we agreed he was Steve3...ya know...the people that had the name first should get preference :P



msalvetti
Registered: Dec 20, 2003
Total Posts: 3167
Country: United States

stevez wrote:
Most of the visible gearing in the Double Wasp cutaway is at the back end (accessories? geared supercharger?) but there is something going on in the nose case, too...


Yes, I think at the back end you have the supercharger, and further back gearing for the starter, generator, gun synchronization and other accessory drives. Too bad more of the prop gearing isn't visible.

Mark



NightOwl Cat
Registered: Feb 19, 2007
Total Posts: 9319
Country: United States

As much as I'd like to, it's simply not possible due to classes, I've got Microbiology on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and it's a class that missing one day means you miss a lot

JWilsonphoto wrote:
This symposium will be one for the record. Larry has really done an incredible job raising ISAP from the ashes. I have absolutely no idea where he finds the time and energy to do what he does on the organization's behalf . He is forging sponsor and speaker relationships that version 1.0 never even dreamed of, he's tireless. M

I am really going to do my best to be there for the whole event this year. Hoping lots of you are able to attend so we can chill together. I'm going to be more than ready for a few days of R&R by April! No complaints, January closed out as the best one in decades, and February has more on the schedule than January. Very grateful.



Tim Adams
Registered: Jan 01, 2004
Total Posts: 2887
Country: United States

I know that Strega has the slow Mustang nose case. They came with two versions. That's why it takes a long time to get off the ground. Pretty sure Voodoo is the same way.



stevezzzz
Registered: Aug 01, 2010
Total Posts: 4085
Country: United States

Go4Long wrote:
stevez wrote:

FlyingPhotog wrote:
A little flashback for my fellow "Steves"


Very nice indeed, Steve2


I thought we agreed he was Steve3...ya know...the people that had the name first should get preference :P


Yes, you're right, Steve2. I get so confused...


[edit for TOPP: I mentioned the MōVI + Red rig I saw at the Tesla Coast-to-Coast Rally send-off party in Hawthorne last week. Here are some shots of the thing in use.]



stevezzzz
Registered: Aug 01, 2010
Total Posts: 4085
Country: United States

The SmugMug Blog published a really nice promo video and interview with Jessica Ambats.

http://news.smugmug.com/2014/01/28/smugmug-films-air-to-air-photography-by-jessica-ambats/?utm_campaign=SmugMugFilms&utm_medium=social&utm_source=YouTube&utm_content=BlogPost



Go4Long
Registered: Sep 04, 2005
Total Posts: 2015
Country: Canada

stevez wrote:
Go4Long wrote:
stevez wrote:

FlyingPhotog wrote:
A little flashback for my fellow "Steves"


Very nice indeed, Steve2


I thought we agreed he was Steve3...ya know...the people that had the name first should get preference :P


Yes, you're right, Steve2. I get so confused...


It's alright, I'll let it slide this time. :P


So who's going where this year for shows? I'm thinking of coming to the JRB at Fort Worth in April, and the MotoGP in Austin.



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 19276
Country: United States

Well I guess Jan Arie and I will have the responsibility of bringing home the shots, and don't think we're not up to it!



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 19276
Country: United States

I'm shooting JRB if I'm in town. Jan Collmer and I are meeting up.



Glenn Watson
Registered: Nov 13, 2007
Total Posts: 3835
Country: United States

I could go to JRB - i've never been and always wanted to. And I live in Austin to MotoGP isnt far away either.

I'm planning Oshkosh and Alliance for fun.


Glenn



Jeff W.
Registered: Feb 09, 2008
Total Posts: 2444
Country: United States

OV-10-D Bronco resting quietly on the ramp at KIWA.



yipDog
Registered: Mar 06, 2012
Total Posts: 148
Country: United States

Here's a few from Coolidge this past Sat...





Bad Robot or Wall-E?


Hispano HA-200


Stairway to Crosswind?



Ryan Harris
Registered: Jun 02, 2013
Total Posts: 149
Country: United States

If you guys can find the time, you might want to consider Wings Over Houston this year as well. If all goes according to plan, for the first time ever, the Collings Foundation Vietnam Memorial Flight will be out in full force at an airshow with the F-4, F-100, A-4, and our little combat vet Huey taking part. The Mig-21, Skyraider, Mig-17, Huey, and Cobra from the Vietnam War Flight Museum (Rick Sharpe) will also be flying. Our (Collings) Me-262 will also join the WW2 portion. Those of us that volunteer with Collings down here in Houston are extremely excited since the airplanes have lived in Houston for almost 20 years now and have been allowed minimal participation in the airshow. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...

Dates are Nov. 1 & 2 with the Blue Angels.



Jeff W.
Registered: Feb 09, 2008
Total Posts: 2444
Country: United States

.



yipDog
Registered: Mar 06, 2012
Total Posts: 148
Country: United States

That's really nice lighting there Jeff! Colors are POPPIN'!



Aviationbuff
Registered: Apr 09, 2011
Total Posts: 725
Country: United States

Nice Jeff!



futurshox
Registered: Feb 15, 2008
Total Posts: 2777
Country: United States

Ryan Harris wrote:
If you guys can find the time, you might want to consider Wings Over Houston this year as well. If all goes according to plan, for the first time ever, the Collings Foundation Vietnam Memorial Flight will be out in full force at an airshow with the F-4, F-100, A-4, and our little combat vet Huey taking part. The Mig-21, Skyraider, Mig-17, Huey, and Cobra from the Vietnam War Flight Museum (Rick Sharpe) will also be flying. Our (Collings) Me-262 will also join the WW2 portion. Those of us that volunteer with Collings down here in Houston are extremely excited since the airplanes have lived in Houston for almost 20 years now and have been allowed minimal participation in the airshow. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...

Dates are Nov. 1 & 2 with the Blue Angels.



Bait!



Wrei
Registered: Aug 01, 2008
Total Posts: 2939
Country: United States

futurshox wrote:
Ryan Harris wrote:
If you guys can find the time, you might want to consider Wings Over Houston this year as well. If all goes according to plan, for the first time ever, the Collings Foundation Vietnam Memorial Flight will be out in full force at an airshow with the F-4, F-100, A-4, and our little combat vet Huey taking part. The Mig-21, Skyraider, Mig-17, Huey, and Cobra from the Vietnam War Flight Museum (Rick Sharpe) will also be flying. Our (Collings) Me-262 will also join the WW2 portion. Those of us that volunteer with Collings down here in Houston are extremely excited since the airplanes have lived in Houston for almost 20 years now and have been allowed minimal participation in the airshow. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...

Dates are Nov. 1 & 2 with the Blue Angels.



Bait!


Guess I sold the house in League City too soon! Oh well, Motel 6 keeps the light on! If only they would stop working on the Gulf Freeway I could enjoy the trip!



Jeff W.
Registered: Feb 09, 2008
Total Posts: 2444
Country: United States

...



1       2       3              3680      
3681
       3682              4534       4535       end