Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3680

1       2       3              3680      
       3682              4534       4535       end

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4085

Most of the visible gearing in the Double Wasp cutaway is at the back end (accessories? geared supercharger?) but there is something going on in the nose case, too...

Go4Long
Total Posts: 2015

stevez wrote:

FlyingPhotog wrote:
A little flashback for my fellow "Steves"

Very nice indeed, Steve2

I thought we agreed he was Steve3...ya know...the people that had the name first should get preference :P

msalvetti
Total Posts: 3167

stevez wrote:
Most of the visible gearing in the Double Wasp cutaway is at the back end (accessories? geared supercharger?) but there is something going on in the nose case, too...

Yes, I think at the back end you have the supercharger, and further back gearing for the starter, generator, gun synchronization and other accessory drives. Too bad more of the prop gearing isn't visible.

Mark

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 9319

As much as I'd like to, it's simply not possible due to classes, I've got Microbiology on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and it's a class that missing one day means you miss a lot

JWilsonphoto wrote:
This symposium will be one for the record. Larry has really done an incredible job raising ISAP from the ashes. I have absolutely no idea where he finds the time and energy to do what he does on the organization's behalf . He is forging sponsor and speaker relationships that version 1.0 never even dreamed of, he's tireless. M

I am really going to do my best to be there for the whole event this year. Hoping lots of you are able to attend so we can chill together. I'm going to be more than ready for a few days of R&R by April! No complaints, January closed out as the best one in decades, and February has more on the schedule than January. Very grateful.

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2887

I know that Strega has the slow Mustang nose case. They came with two versions. That's why it takes a long time to get off the ground. Pretty sure Voodoo is the same way.

stevezzzz

Go4Long wrote:
stevez wrote:

FlyingPhotog wrote:

Very nice indeed, Steve2

I thought we agreed he was Steve3...ya know...the people that had the name first should get preference :P

Yes, you're right, Steve2. I get so confused...

[edit for TOPP: I mentioned the MōVI + Red rig I saw at the Tesla Coast-to-Coast Rally send-off party in Hawthorne last week. Here are some shots of the thing in use.]

stevezzzz

The SmugMug Blog published a really nice promo video and interview with Jessica Ambats.

http://news.smugmug.com/2014/01/28/smugmug-films-air-to-air-photography-by-jessica-ambats/?utm_campaign=SmugMugFilms&utm_medium=social&utm_source=YouTube&utm_content=BlogPost

Go4Long
Total Posts: 2015

stevez wrote:
Go4Long wrote:
stevez wrote:

FlyingPhotog wrote:

Very nice indeed, Steve2

Yes, you're right, Steve2. I get so confused...

It's alright, I'll let it slide this time. :P

So who's going where this year for shows? I'm thinking of coming to the JRB at Fort Worth in April, and the MotoGP in Austin.

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19276

Well I guess Jan Arie and I will have the responsibility of bringing home the shots, and don't think we're not up to it!

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19276

I'm shooting JRB if I'm in town. Jan Collmer and I are meeting up.

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3835

I could go to JRB - i've never been and always wanted to. And I live in Austin to MotoGP isnt far away either.

I'm planning Oshkosh and Alliance for fun.

Glenn

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 2444

OV-10-D Bronco resting quietly on the ramp at KIWA.

yipDog
Total Posts: 148

Here's a few from Coolidge this past Sat...

Bad Robot or Wall-E?

Hispano HA-200

Stairway to Crosswind?

Ryan Harris
Total Posts: 149

If you guys can find the time, you might want to consider Wings Over Houston this year as well. If all goes according to plan, for the first time ever, the Collings Foundation Vietnam Memorial Flight will be out in full force at an airshow with the F-4, F-100, A-4, and our little combat vet Huey taking part. The Mig-21, Skyraider, Mig-17, Huey, and Cobra from the Vietnam War Flight Museum (Rick Sharpe) will also be flying. Our (Collings) Me-262 will also join the WW2 portion. Those of us that volunteer with Collings down here in Houston are extremely excited since the airplanes have lived in Houston for almost 20 years now and have been allowed minimal participation in the airshow. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...

Dates are Nov. 1 & 2 with the Blue Angels.

Jeff W.

yipDog
Total Posts: 148

That's really nice lighting there Jeff! Colors are POPPIN'!

Aviationbuff
Total Posts: 725

Nice Jeff!

futurshox
Total Posts: 2777

Ryan Harris wrote:
If you guys can find the time, you might want to consider Wings Over Houston this year as well. If all goes according to plan, for the first time ever, the Collings Foundation Vietnam Memorial Flight will be out in full force at an airshow with the F-4, F-100, A-4, and our little combat vet Huey taking part. The Mig-21, Skyraider, Mig-17, Huey, and Cobra from the Vietnam War Flight Museum (Rick Sharpe) will also be flying. Our (Collings) Me-262 will also join the WW2 portion. Those of us that volunteer with Collings down here in Houston are extremely excited since the airplanes have lived in Houston for almost 20 years now and have been allowed minimal participation in the airshow. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...

Bait!

Wrei
Total Posts: 2939

futurshox wrote:
Ryan Harris wrote:

Bait!

Guess I sold the house in League City too soon! Oh well, Motel 6 keeps the light on! If only they would stop working on the Gulf Freeway I could enjoy the trip!

Jeff W.

1       2       3              3680      
       3682              4534       4535       end