Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3678

1       2       3              3678      
       3680              4275       4276       end

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7630

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2135

My brother asked me for some camera advice at the weekend. He has around $600 to spend.

I told him to look at a Canon G1X. Any other options - I didn't think it was worth his money buying a bottom of the range DSLR & some lenses.

For what he & his wife like to take in terms of holiday snaps, I told him if he could stretch his budget to go for the Fuji X100s.

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9713

1. Daniela uses the Panasonic Lumix LX7 ($400). 10MP, 7.5x zoom, f/1.4 max aperture at the wide end and f/2.3 at the long end. A daily shooter and family-pic camera.

2. Another option is the Panasonic Lumix ZS20 ($345) if he needs reach more than he needs aperture.

3. Or, the Panasonic Lumix FZ150K ($560) gives even more reach and more flexibility (eg a hotshoe for flash or an outboard mic) though it's bulkier and more expensive.

We've used all of the above and been happy with them. Just don't the noise levels at very high ISO values to compete with DSLR quality; but otherwise, they do a great job. Panasonic is a well-loved brand for compact cameras in this household.

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4395

Go Ugly Early...
A-10 Thunderbolt II at Davis-Monthan AFB
Not a lot of "drama" really, but the Warthog has such character!

Rodolfo Paiz

If anyone does not have Lightroom yet and wants it, I've just received a coupon code that brings down the price of a full version from $150 to $78. Email me (or PM me if you don't have my email) and I'll send you the coupon... I don't want to post it publicly in case they cancel it.

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4395

Just not sure about this HDR thing...

This is as "unprocessed" as I can get in the Nik HDR product. IOW, it's as close to simply blending exposures as I know how to do at this point, and yet, it's really not that "real" looking is it?

Leviathor
Total Posts: 192

FlyingPhotog wrote:

This is as "unprocessed" as I can get in the Nik HDR product. IOW, it's as close to simply blending exposures as I know how to do at this point, and yet, it's really not that "real" looking is it?

A10

I think you could recover some reality by selectively boosting the contrast a bit, Jay.

PS. Love the clouds through the canopy. Fabulous touch.

cbrandt
Total Posts: 1486

I should of known since I made the decision to purchase Jim .. GF wanted to go shoppin' out of town so I was able to go by Best Buy and pick up a 32gig for it .. youtube said / showed it would take a 64gig, but they didn't have any so the 32 with like 9 hours should do the trick ......

cbrandt
Total Posts: 1486

I also looked at battery backpaks today Razor .. but didn't have H2 or info on me to determine if what I was looking at would work .. but as I look at it now - it appears the accessories may be backward compatible .. if not / I need to know what won't work, just give me a shout folks.

Mrussfoto
Total Posts: 15

I am so impressed by the quality of work on this thread. A lot of amazing talent here.

NightOwl Cat

Another from Sunday's outing..

pburke
Total Posts: 1905

dusty old bird

pburke

Lots of birds

pburke

another of the cool plane

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

NightOwl Cat wrote:

I still prefer this one over the 22

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

FlyingPhotog wrote:

My 2 cents, I like the treatment you gave the shot.

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16037

Ten hours, two shots..........I hate shooting glass!

Rodolfo Paiz

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Ten hours, two shots..........I hate shooting glass!

I wish I could feel bad for you, my dear Shooter, but it just ain't happenin'. Would have loved to watch the whole thing unfold and learn something, that's for sure.

J Mosher
Total Posts: 162

NightOwl Cat wrote:

This plane is on my bucket list. Soooo much better looking than the F-22, IMHO.

Sad news of 747 crash in Bagram today. Killing all 8 on board. I was just on this plane last week talking with the maintenance crew. They were more than friendly and allowed me time to get some images of the flight deck.

May the crew rest in peace.

http://www.nycaviation.com/2013/04/national-air-cargo-747-crash-at-bagram-afghanistan/#.UX8mesq-VSk

NightOwl Cat

I concur. Having lived out at Eddy's Airplane Patch during the competition testing of the two, I thought this one had won as well. Surprised the heck out of me. Got used to the daily rounds of multiple sonic booms though, first from the 22 or 23, then the chase planes after they lit afterburners to catch up...

Sorry to hear about that plane crash

astrobrian wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:

I still prefer this one over the 22

J Mosher wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:

This plane is on my bucket list. Soooo much better looking than the F-22, IMHO.

Captured it with a fisheye as well, as I wasn't getting the WWWWIIIIIIDDDEEE I wanted

1       2       3              3678      
       3680              4275       4276       end