Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3674

1       2       3              3674      
       3676              4274       4275       end

cbrandt
Total Posts: 1486

Way to * shoot the moon * Mrussfoto !!! I just came back from 4 days at Scotland Neck / Sylvan Heights Bird Park .. another really enjoyable trip !!

A LOT of TERRIFIC !! photos posted as I catch up !!

** I've got nothing for the TOPP .. SOMEBODY save me ...............

Razor17
Total Posts: 302

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Flare For The Dramatic
Lockheed T-33 from the Western Sky Aviation Museum landing at Scottsdale, AZ

Well done Jay, you can amost read the taxi way signs on the nose...

Lynn

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16036

That's a beautiful 33, and a gorgeous shot of it!!

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16036

Just got home from the McSam Award banquet, incredible night! My clients took top honors in 25 0f 30 categories, and builder of the year. Very gratifying. What an opportunity to market to 400 builders and developers, and architects, without having to really market. We owned the room this year and it felt great.

msalvetti
Total Posts: 2827

That's super, Jim. Congratulations! You earned every bit of it.

(And I'm off to bed. Another 6am flight coming up.)

Mark

went
Total Posts: 1672

Omaka Air Show Blenheim NZ, very early morning lineup of WW1 planes compliments of Sir Peter Jackson, enjoy

went
Total Posts: 1672

The Red Baron

nickjohnson
Total Posts: 741

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Just got home from the McSam Award banquet, incredible night! My clients took top honors in 25 0f 30 categories, and builder of the year. Very gratifying. What an opportunity to market to 400 builders and developers, and architects, without having to really market. We owned the room this year and it felt great.

Many congratulations Jim – richly deserved reward for all the hard work. Just thinking about all the folks there at the function who don't know (or don't want to know) that it's taken 30+ years of hard graft for you to become an “overnight success”!

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3273

Went, that's an impressive lineup of tripes. They can't all belong to Sir Peter, can they? Do they all fly in the show at the same time?

Jim, congratulations! And good luck with your historic portrait shoot at the library dedication today. Not that luck has anything to do with it.

gerov
Total Posts: 8664

Well done, Jim. Congratulations.

Gero

Angry
Total Posts: 1210

Wrei wrote:
Ordered my lens for the Central TX Airshow today. Last year I used the 100-400, this year I will try the 400 5.6. I was reading Roger's (Lens Rentals) comments for the two lenses. He said you get the 100-400, then, discover every shot is at 400mm. Well, that really wasn't 100% true last year, but I will have the 70-200 to back it up. I left it home last year because I had the 100-400. Anyway, why not try something different.

I got a 100-400 ...really handy,..but not super sharp at the long end...
It is pretty light hungry too,...so anything that you can do to help it...
I took the UV filter off mine...great in summer with lotsa light,...
but come winter when I'm trying to shoot Aussie Rules Footy....makes hard work on a dull day......
I know its easy to wind up the ISO but Ive usually got it on the 7D,....& it dont like any amounts of ISO,...I dont like to shoot at higher than 100 if I can get away with it...

Handy lens though...

Al

Angry
Total Posts: 1210

msalvetti wrote:
Wrei wrote:
Ordered my lens for the Central TX Airshow today. Last year I used the 100-400, this year I will try the 400 5.6. I was reading Roger's (Lens Rentals) comments for the two lenses. He said you get the 100-400, then, discover every shot is at 400mm. Well, that really wasn't 100% true last year, but I will have the 70-200 to back it up. I left it home last year because I had the 100-400. Anyway, why not try something different.

I used to bring both a 100-400 and a 70-200 f/2.8 to air shows. The former because I knew I would use it a lot, the second because it's such a great lens. After never taking the 70-200 out of the bag during the first few shows, I stopped carrying the extra brick. It might have been a different story if I only had a 400 prime, but I still don't know if I would bother with the 70-200 unless it was on a second body.

Did we just gain a "Buddy" button?

Mark

Buddy button been there for a few days.....lovin the Like button...

Aint everyone here a Buddy anyway.......

Al

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

JWilsonphoto wrote:

Awesome job Jim! You deserve it for sure as much as you put into things

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2135

Rare P-3

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9713

JWilsonphoto wrote:

I'm sure it did! And a well-earned feeling of satisfaction it was, too... architectural and real-estate photography is certainly a way to work for a living, and nothing comes free. Kudos for the results, but especially for the hard work that produced them!

I have a much smaller cause for celebration around here: I finally caught up on my MATA reading! Had fallen about 30 pages behind, but finally fixed that. Now, to bring in some images...

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9713

For those currently shooting Nikon, or currently shooting the Canon 800/5.6, here's an interesting thread from a fellow FM'er:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1207746/0

I'd love to hear any comments y'all may have. This lens is on my wish list for "as soon as possible" -- in fact I'd already preordered but then decided to postpone -- so I'm all ears.

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4395

I was going through the archives looking for something else and fell across this from the night show at Osh last year. Don't think this has been seen publicly before...

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2135

617 Squadron RAF 70th Anniversary Jet.

cbrandt

MMcGrath wrote:
Rare P-3

NICE .. used to handle these all the time at AAFB ! They came in alot !!

cbrandt

Nice Rodolfo .. out of my league though .. I've got an older AF 600mm that Nikon says for $600 will be as good as new .. so that's the way I'm going.

And actually, I really don't use it that much .. I mean I take it out with me, but I've got to make a conscious effort to drive 45 miles to a refuge where I will probably but not always find eagles, osprey and such to shoot with it -- now that I have it I'll keep it, but I sure can't justify it and I only paid $5000

Don't forget bout legs .. never thought I'd spend a 1000 bucks on a tripod, but have a gitzo G5441L or something like that .. don't think it.s made anymore - 3 leg carbon with NO middle rod .... and of course there is that $600 Wimberly 2 .. and I don't recall anything about the foot as mine was fine with the Wimberly ....

The accessories sure do add up .. o, that $250 dollar speed light height extender for the Wimberly, spare cord but finally a very reasonable $30 !! lol ......

I remember a number of years back my shooting buddy had a Sigma 800 .. looked like a telephone pole sticking out of the car window when he rested it on a bean bag ..... they say this has a nice foot so you can carry it around all day

curt

1       2       3              3674      
       3676              4274       4275       end