Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3672

1       2       3              3672      
       3674              4307       4308       end

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4502

The Learning Curve
T-45 Goshawks get after it for some range time.

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16104

Haven't had time to test mine yet, but I trust it'll be a winner. I'm a dealer Rodolfo, call me before you buy it.

JW

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9735

Check... glad you mentioned it.

FlyingPhotog

This is disturbing...

http://petapixel.com/2013/04/23/kentucky-derby-bans-all-interchangeable-lens-cameras-for-security-purposes/

ETA: Especially in light of recent discussion about just "shooting at COTA from the cheap seats"

Go4Long
Total Posts: 1523

the thrill of victory (suffers from some heat haze and shooting in to the sun):

The Thrill of Victory by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

and the agony of defeat (was in first until the last corner, went wide and ended up third)

The Agony of Defeat by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9735

FlyingPhotog wrote:
This is disturbing...

http://petapixel.com/2013/04/23/kentucky-derby-bans-all-interchangeable-lens-cameras-for-security-purposes/

ETA: Especially in light of recent discussion about just "shooting at COTA from the cheap seats"

"Security purposes" my foot.

Mrussfoto
Total Posts: 15

Beautiful Full Moon in North Carolina tonight. God sure can make you feel small.

JWilsonphoto

Beautiful image MRuss! And yes, I find that happens a lot when I look up. Glad to have you back!

JWilsonphoto

That Derby thing is a bummer, and a slippery slope.

JWilsonphoto

Anyone subscribe to Scott Kelby's "Light It!" iPad app? I found it a little slow to download, but it's got Kelby quality all over it. The imagery just explodes off the screen and the tips are wonderful. $19 a year, well worth it!

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Here's a good lesson for us. As a COTA Media enrollee, I got a notification today that the MotoGP was a huge success. Then I went to the website and scrolled through a couple of dozen images, most of which didn't hold a candle to what you folks shot there. One of the major contributors didn't even bother to clone out several boulders residing on his sensor for the entire series. I guess the lesson is MA2A shooters can do better through two chain link fences from the "cheap" seats, than the people granted credentials. Isn't that the way the world works these days.

We should make a presentation to them and tell 'em for 40k an event, we'll shoot the best stuff they've ever seen and make it available to all the media outlets. That's 40k, plus all the 9 buck sandwiches and 8 buck cokes we can consume. Anyway, contrary to opinions held by some, big lenses and premium locations don't always add up to the best images, and we had fun to boot!

So, they can kiss our collective...............

I'm game for that. I've seen similar boulders within various "official" nasa shots too. Makes ya wonder sometimes.

Jon Uhler
Total Posts: 2439

Yeah. Been reading it from day one. It is nice! He also has a Lightroom one.

astrobrian

FlyingPhotog wrote:
This is disturbing...

Based on what we saw there, they would have a lot of people in none too good a mood about that. Austin is a rather artist driven town, so to put a ban in place like that here would be a tall order. Though anything is possible I guess........

JWilsonphoto

Hi Jon, how's everything in Atlanta?

JWilsonphoto

Nice capture Brian! Actually, I don't get banning pro cameras at any venue. What is the point? COTA is a good example, what will any of us do with our shots, besides share them with each other, and enjoy them ourselves? Steven said it several times, what could anyone do with shots branded with 32 corporate stickers and logos anyway?

The flip side of this argument is, by the way, what single bit of technology caught the creeps in Boston in short order?...................ummm, cameras! The more the merrier should be the order of the day, not the reverse.

FlyingPhotog

It's truly THE most ironic thing I've run into with photography...

Pro: Understands licensing, rights, trademarks, etc and knows what constitutes commercial use and therefore is verboten.

Amateur: Same (or higher) megapixels, does not understand licensing, rights, etc and wouldn't hesitate to sell an image or give a file away to anyone who asks.

So let's ban the Pro.

Really? REALLY!?

astrobrian

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Nice capture Brian! Actually, I don't get banning pro cameras at any venue. What is the point? COTA is a good example, what will any of us do with our shots, besides share them with each other, and enjoy them ourselves? Steven said it several times, what could anyone do with shots branded with 32 corporate stickers and logos anyway?

Thank, yeah that area was definitely calamity corner for a bit, missed one crash but got captures on 3 others, and an almost one. I think the banning of pro gear is more rooted in ego taking over, not wanting to have "competition". As you say, makes no sense with all the branding etc.

JWilsonphoto

Exactly! Besides, if you are putting on an event of any type, wouldn't you want the best exposure you could get? Kind of the GoPro marketing strategy, people post their work everywhere, and it sells GoPro's. How many people see our work all over here and think, "Man, I'm going to the next event at COTA!" ? Makes no sense at all to me, but then fewer and fewer things make sense to me these days.

Jon Uhler
Total Posts: 2439

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Hi Jon, how's everything in Atlanta?

Things are going great! Just watching my little bean grow like a weed!

_MG_2751-Edit by battlefloydflyer, on Flickr

Love coming by here and seeing all the amazing shots.

dunderwood
Total Posts: 121

I know the pics are making me want to go to COTA!

1       2       3              3672      
       3674              4307       4308       end