3671              4533       4534       end

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4096

Edit in Viveza

Brightness -20% photo 2 -25%
Contrast 10% 5%
Saturation 0% 0%
Structure 30% 40%

The red color is very hard to edit don't know if there are other ways to deal with that.
But considering the light and at high noon I think you did a great job documenting this event a proud moment I think.

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3835

After further analysis, the superimposed idea is garbage...

Here is another question for the trust - The American Bonanza Society asked me for a couple of Bonanza images last month and I sent a few, presumably to use in articles in the monthly member magazine. I'm a member and everything, so I though I was just participating and making the mag look better...I didnt really ask so i suppose its my bad, but I got the January issue and there is a full page advertisement for an aircraft financing company with the image that I sent them. The add is completely commercial and not affiliated with ABS or any of its members aircraft. They did credit me in the photo but i tried to deposit that in the bank and my balance stayed exactly the same.

I dont feel like I have much recourse to invoice them but I want to contact the publisher that I sent the images too and make sure it doesnt happen again without burning the relationship down so to speak. Any suggestions?

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4084

It will be difficult to drop the canopy from #1 into #4, because the angles are so different and because the occupants would appear to be staring into space behind the photo ship: it would just look weird.

Glenn Watson

I meant something along these lines but I dont like it..

Glenn

Wrei
Total Posts: 2939

Glenn, can you make his head a selection in #1, then transform and rotate as necessary for #4? That shouldn't mess with the canopy.

stevezzzz

Glenn Watson wrote:
After further analysis, the superimposed idea is garbage...

Here is another question for the trust - The American Bonanza Society asked me for a couple of Bonanza images last month and I sent a few, presumably to use in articles in the monthly member magazine. I'm a member and everything, so I though I was just participating and making the mag look better...I didnt really ask so i suppose its my bad, but I got the January issue and there is a full page advertisement for an aircraft financing company with the image that I sent them. The add is completely commercial and not affiliated with ABS or any of its members aircraft. They did credit me in the photo but i tried to deposit that in the bank and my balance stayed exactly the same.

I dont feel like I have much recourse to invoice them but I want to contact the publisher that I sent the images too and make sure it doesnt happen again without burning the relationship down so to speak. Any suggestions?

Glenn, you have every right to be annoyed: that's bad behavior in my book. If any money changed hands for the use of the photo you have a moral right to claim payment. But, (and it's a big but), if you didn't spell out the use(s) for which you were licensing the images, and get the ABS to agree to it, I doubt you have much legal recourse at this point. Note: I am not a lawyer, and I could well be wrong about that. If you were to send strongly worded letters to both the ABS and the advertiser on a legal firm's letterhead, you might get some satisfaction; at the very least you will be helping to educate the other parties about image licensing. Jim, you and JR have had some experience with this stuff: what do you suggest?

stevezzzz

Wrei wrote:
Glenn, can you make his head a selection in #1, then transform and rotate as necessary for #4? That shouldn't mess with the canopy.

That's what I was thinking about when I observed that the occupants would appear to be looking in the wrong direction after the transformation...but it might be worth a try. Replacing the distorted background seen through the canopy isn't trivial, either.

Glenn Watson

All what you and Wrei are talking about is above my paygrade in photoshop. i think the first photo is pretty awesome and gets the point across.

Glenn

gerov
Total Posts: 9030

Glenn Watson wrote:
All what you and Wrei are talking about is above my paygrade in photoshop. i think the first photo is pretty awesome and gets the point across.

Glenn

I concur, Glenn.

kwbarnes
Total Posts: 286

Glenn Watson wrote:

"(deleted) I dont feel like I have much recourse to invoice them but I want to contact the publisher that I sent the images too and make sure it doesnt happen again without burning the relationship down so to speak. Any suggestions?"

I would check if the financing company used your photograph in any other advertisement, placed in any other magazine.

If they didn't use it elsewhere, a letter to both parties stating that the photographs were given to the Bonanza Society for editorial usage only, would be appropriate. If the finance company used your photos elsewhere, I would get JR's number from Shooter.

Wrei

I only did this for fun and practice...I still like #1 best!

nrferguson
Total Posts: 2453

Tony - Love the two Sabres
Glenn + Jan Arie - Like the Vivexa edit
Having not sold an aircraft photo ever until last week I've now sold another two - I'll be a pro soon, give or take a hundred years!!
However, it made me go back and upload some more aircraft shots to the agency!
Here are a couple I don't think I've posted before
Niall

Glenn Watson

pretty cool Wrei! I feel kinda weird doctoring it up like that for him. Will have a better idea how to handle it if i'm lucky enough to participate again in the future.

Glenn

Wrei

Personally, I agree with you Glenn.

In other news, I put one of my Central Texas sunsets up on FB and a guy (?) says something about it is missing an aircraft...well I found out why people use Photoshop...

...then he asked if it was a full disc...

Glenn Watson

Who would ask such a thing? Looks great to me Wrei!

I ran into Gunny in that blue machine at GTU last week..

Wrei

Was he looking' for a paint shop?

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

Can't compete with Glenns Mustang fun, but decided I would toy with one from a few months back.

stevezzzz

Wrei wrote:
I only did this for fun and practice...I still like #1 best!

Ha! We were all talking about replacing the entire cockpit area, and you just replaced the back seater's head: well done, Wrei! Looks good to my eye. Simple, and effective.

stevezzzz

Glenn Watson wrote:
pretty cool Wrei! I feel kinda weird doctoring it up like that for him. Will have a better idea how to handle it if i'm lucky enough to participate again in the future.

Glenn

I don't know, Glenn: Wrei's edit is good enough to fool 99.9% of the population...and that includes me. What's the harm, in this case? It's not reportage*.

*thanks to Jay for using this word on FB in a similar context.

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19270

Outstanding Glenn, the purpose, the honor, the images, very proud of you!

Apologies to both you and Eddie Ray for going awol yesterday. I shot all day Monday, Tuesday began at 4 so I could get walkways and drives soaked down for a predawn perspective, shot late into Tuesday night, came home and backed everything up. My head hit the pillow about 2, into the shower at 4:30 so I could head to Waco to meet Tom Horne from AOPA. Shot all day yesterday, through sunset, got back to Big D around 8:30, a meeting at IHop with JR on our venture and an upcoming trip, home, pillow, wash, rinse and repeat today and tomorrow.

The AOPA article is a main feature and will be a cover story. Tom is a great guy, we've worked together on a couple of features together, the last one being his Phenom 300 type rating. We rehashed his experiences at sim school because I have a different perspective on that, given upcoming acquisitions.

The article is on the Blackhawk folks (a new client!!!) and their conversions on a Cessna Caravan that will be heading to Australia shortly. The day started off with a flight to evaluate the newly powered airframe. We launched, I was stowing gear in the seat next to me and glanced out the window noticing our climb angle, about 60 degrees! On up to 10K to explore power settings, temps, TAS, and general handling. One maneuver we wanted to photograph was a skydive application, basically what happens after "jumpers away". I was wishing the Chandler, Hunter and Gracie were with me, because that was the biggest "tummy tickle" maneuver they are likely to experience. 60 knots, 20 degrees of flaps, flight idle, point the nose straight down. We were on the ground at a little uncontrolled field about three minutes later. Basically the Caravan is my 182 with a whole lot more power and seats. We saw 200 knots true at 10k, that's pretty good considering all the drag that's hanging off the big, boxy airframe. The Caravan with the "Oasis" interior would be a pretty cool ride for medium length missions, but no match for my upcoming PC12.

1       2       3              3669      
       3671              4533       4534       end