Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3664

1       2       3              3664      
       3666              4873       4874       end

cbrandt
Total Posts: 1486

I agree . the FAA information on the CW I shot said something about home made, but I do believe ..

Off to NC for a long weekend to photography ducks ....... they do have wings

Tim Ashton
Total Posts: 3187

gerov wrote:
Very nice Jim, and well done. I find it interesting, and this is assuming that this home is in an upscale community, that the houses are built so close to one another. I would think they'd want a little more space and privacy.

Gero

More bang for your buck than we get in the more upscale suburbs of Sydney (or anywhere else in AU) but i guess that is because some idiot in govt, many years ago made the family home the no 1 tax break down down under so everyone pours their hard owned into their home and there it resides, being totally non productive
Tim

futurshox
Total Posts: 2754

Well, if we're all doing Curtiss-Wright Juniors, here's one that used to be at Kingsbury. I think it may have been sold as I've not seen it in a couple of years. This was it in 2007:

They were doing a thorough restoration on it with the intention of returning it to flying condition. I seem to recall that they had to get a new fuel tank made which was a project in its own right. I'll have to find out where it went to.

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4071

Home, Home on the Range

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4076

Sharp looking family Jim

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4076

Great landscape stuff guys

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19072

Thanks Jan Arie!

That was a few years ago but I was in a pinch for a topp

JWilsonphoto

Checking in to make sure Wrei and his family are ok. The blast from that explosion in West leveled a bunch of structures for miles.

Wrei
Total Posts: 2922

Yes, we are OK and continuing to pray for each individual involved in that deadly explosion; victims and those helping. We are about 2 miles north of the Temple airport (TPL). While I heard something about that time, I didn't go check because between Ft. Hood blowing things up and SpaceEx testing rocket engines a boom and a rumble are not unusual.

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4775

Glad our Texas folks are ok!

Arrested Development?
Hook down on the takeoff roll at AirVenture 2011

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4775

Previously un-edited namesake...

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Cuz the price don't make it "home", the people do!

Ya got that right! Great lookin' bunch there

JWilsonphoto

Thanks Brian!

JWilsonphoto

Whew Jay! That one is a keeper!!

JWilsonphoto

Dear Wrei,

Glad to hear you all are ok. Given the state of this world and the fragility of our existence, you kind of wonder why some folks take that eternal life thing so lightly.........or not at all. I used to scratch my head over that "Many are called, but few are chosen" verse, ........ I don't anymore.

Wrei

Jim, I am a guy of few words and simple thoughts, but seeing the devastation from the explosion speaks volumes to me for the misery the town of West is experiencing. Not only because of the lives lost, but the families and futures that have been changed. There is one constant you will find in many of these small Texas towns, and that is they are believers. That is what gives me confidence these wonderful people will find the strength to make it through this tragedy.

JWilsonphoto

Well said Wrei, and isn't that the Strength that allows us to navigate every day and every curve that life throws at us? Under the heading of "it could have been worse" , unthinkable if that would have taken place during school hours.

JWilsonphoto

BTW, when life goes south, the people I want closest to me are those of Faith, few words and simple thoughts, actually even when life isn't going south!

Wrei

JWilsonphoto wrote:
BTW, when life goes south, the people I want closest to me are those of Faith, few words and simple thoughts, actually even when life isn't going south!

In a word...Yep!

BillyBlaylock
Total Posts: 80

First off - I know that this is an aviation themed thread....

But - you guys are an unrivaled collection of photographers and I value your abilities and opinions. Here is the question: The following pic is a quick portrait of a friend's family that looks like it was taken in front of a printed background but was actually taken in front of a pond on his property. I used a single softbox powered with a SB700 camera right with the sun camera left. Is this just a color temperature issue? Is there any way to fix this (if it even needs fixing)? Maybe a 1/4 CTO on the light would have helped some. Or maybe this is all my imagination...

1       2       3              3664      
       3666              4873       4874       end