Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3655

1       2       3              3655      
       3657              4379       4380       end

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16334

Hi Rodolfo,

Sorry for my tardy reply, I think your portrait is perfect, really! I like the tones, love that you captured her personality and the beauty in her eyes. I wouldn't change a thing. Not too shabby for knocking the rust off!

JW

Uh-Oh! TOPP......

JWilsonphoto

That last shot happens to be one that completely eluded me. One shot, in the middle of thousands, missed it entirely. It'll be a 40 incher by Wednesday!

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

JWilsonphoto wrote:
That last shot happens to be one that completely eluded me. One shot, in the middle of thousands, missed it entirely. It'll be a 40 incher by Wednesday!

Funny isn't it the ones you find after going back through previous shoots sometimes.

JWilsonphoto

I've gone through those folders 20 or 30 times, never saw it. Kind of like finding one last Christmas present after you think you've opened them all. The client will love this straggler.

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4580

Friend of mine who is tight with their operation gave me a heads up that this beauty was coming down from the Western Sky Aviation Museum at St George, UT. Pilot was on his first XC so I was glad to get a few frames for him and the museum as well.

FlyingPhotog

Cirrus SR20 finds a handy shaft of sunlight on final...

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9758

Glenn Watson wrote:
Does it make me a snob if I don't want to shoot unless there is a thin broken layer at sunset? CAVU sucks!

Yes.

But no worries... call me and I'll handle those CAVU shoots for you. Take the drudgery off your hands and all, give you time for a spa day.

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9758

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Sorry for my tardy reply, I think your portrait is perfect, really! I like the tones, love that you captured her personality and the beauty in her eyes. I wouldn't change a thing. Not too shabby for knocking the rust off!

Thank you, Jim. You're too kind.

There's a lot of rust to be knocked off, though. I keep thinking that things are finally about to slow down a little... then the next wave rolls onto the beach. I wouldn't dream of complaining since I'm getting very good results and I'm very happy with what I'm achieving... I just wish I were a little better organized and could shoot a little more.

JWilsonphoto

I know what you mean Rodolfo, not enough hours in the day. Seriously though, your portrait is wonderful. Keep up the good work!

I'm off to a couple of meetings, hopefully winding up the day at HQ in the back seat of 777PC, which stands for "Papa's Cub", not politically correct, ..........in case there was any doubt.

Razor17
Total Posts: 346

JWilsonphoto wrote:
We were in fairly hazy conditions once we punched back through the deck, bt it blew out of the area while we were regrouping for the next mission...........

Jim, is that Doug drivng Scott's A-36?

Lynn

brian_sp
Total Posts: 1574

Go4Long wrote:
Blue angels made it official...cancelled their season.

dayum
had 2 air shows booked i was going to attend that they were suppose to be at

FlyingPhotog

Razor17 wrote:

Lynn

If that's from last fall, it was Scott driving Scott's A-36...

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3497

When browsing the internet, if you're not careful you'll end up learning something. E.g., did you know that ruffed grouse have supersonic tips? News to me...

http://bit.ly/Yw07Vy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVfiIp3QGs4

Razor17
Total Posts: 346

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Razor17 wrote:

Lynn

If that's from last fall, it was Scott driving Scott's A-36...

Yeah, does look like Doug's brother...

Lynn

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3669

@ Went very cool series of the Corsair one of my favorites...

It's the only plane my mother can recognize

Jan-Arie

One from the files from a way back the First Sequel

RobMoser
Total Posts: 842

astrobrian wrote:
stevez wrote:
Jan-Arie wrote:
Cant wait for this movie to come out

So cool

Saw the trailer: looks like the hero is a cropduster (named Dusty Crophopper, of course) who mixes it up with Navy jets on a carrier. Yes, it's Disney/Pixar (I'm a fan), but how much will we have to suspend of our piloting sensibilities to enjoy the movie?

BTW, the Corsair is nowhere in sight in the trailer. Let's hope they rectify that omission in the film itself...

Well after sequestration takes full hold of things, crop dusters will be the new frontline fighter right?

Heaven forbid! We could not be seen to be utilizing chemical warfare!

Rob

Jan-Arie

2008 Fairford the show that never was Typhoon, and Alpha Jet from Patrouille de France coming in to land after a massive downpour...

Jan-Arie

Grumman Bearcat Duxford 2008

mmniemi
Total Posts: 598

Viki, my man...

Mikko

1       2       3              3655      
       3657              4379       4380       end