/forum/topic/600984/3653

1       2       3              3653      
       3655              4253       4254       end

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3216

Jan-Arie wrote:
Cant wait for this movie to come out

So cool

Saw the trailer: looks like the hero is a cropduster (named Dusty Crophopper, of course) who mixes it up with Navy jets on a carrier. Yes, it's Disney/Pixar (I'm a fan), but how much will we have to suspend of our piloting sensibilities to enjoy the movie?

BTW, the Corsair is nowhere in sight in the trailer. Let's hope they rectify that omission in the film itself...

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3508

I saw the Corsair in a clip with Mater the tow truck on youtube but it was only in German

Hey Steve here it is Mater goes flying

Leviathor
Total Posts: 192

I only hope that they go back to Cars-quality story telling, because Cars 2 was awful. D:

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4371

While Zim was making great art winging his way back to Colorado, I was dealing with intermittent Asphalt Obscuration issues.

Go4Long
Total Posts: 1483

Leviathor wrote:
I only hope that they go back to Cars-quality story telling, because Cars 2 was awful. D:

I actually liked Cars 2 personally, but I definitely got the impression that they wrote a 2 hour script for a 90 minute film. Couple of gaps in the story line...but it's a kids movie, and my daughter LOVES mater.

stevezzzz

More from the environs of Lake Powell: our sunset flight on Sunday was short, but fruitful.

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 15950

Hey does anyone have an interest in a POV 1 kit? Used for a specific assignment and never used again. Amazon has it for sale at $449.00 . Today and today only (not really) I'd send this off for a hundred bucks plus shipping. Not HD fyi.

Also, I have a Hero and a Hero 2 that I'll part with for 100 and a 125 respectively, plus shipping.

Doing a little house cleaning!

JWilsonphoto

FlyingPhotog wrote:
While Zim was making great art winging his way back to Colorado, I was dealing with intermittent Asphalt Obscuration issues.

Hey Jay, did you have to "file" to get through that?! Nothing like some free sandblasting.

went
Total Posts: 1672

Steve & Jan-Arie found Skipper at Omaka Warbirds Awesome Air Show

Wrei
Total Posts: 2186

While I was in AZ I did not have any Asphalt Obscuration issues, but I did have a distraction issue (you know, gals in leather):

stevezzzz

More from Lake Powell.

stevezzzz

stevez wrote:
futurshox wrote:
There's been a whole load of protests here in Austin this week with Elon Musk visiting the Capitol, something about getting Texas to let them sell cars here. Right now, I believe that if you want a Tesla in Texas, you can go and ogle them at the shiny new showroom in the Domain, but you have to order it from California and ship it back here yourself!

All Tesla sales, to any state or country (Canada is, so far, the only other country where Model S has been delivered) are executed through the Tesla corporate website. There are no dealers, just service centers and galleries in malls and such where you can touch one and arrange a test drive. It's a whole different way of selling cars and the dealers lobby isn't well pleased. The auto dealer laws in Texas, unlike most of the other 49 states, won't allow Tesla to actually deliver a car to a customer with a Tesla employee present, to make sure everything's right and the customer is both trained on the systems and happy with the car. For cars sold to Texas, Tesla has to consign the car to a third party carrier and have it delivered to your home. You're on your own, both with figuring out the car and with licensing and registration.

Here's a video of Elon Musk being interviewed about the laws in Texas and what he's trying to do to get them changed.

JWilsonphoto

That's hilarious Eddie Ray!

JWilsonphoto

This just popped up in a FLYING Magazine web notice....Glad to see my stock is being used to promote and protect GA interests (and that I'm making money at the same time!)

JWilsonphoto

Oh, and that was not a political statement, just an income statement.........

stevezzzz

One more stereo pair for tonight...

JWilsonphoto

After discussions with several folks I respect, including the tech people at Kenyon, a couple of things happened this morning. I am an official Kenyon distributor, and my new KS-4x4 is in non-stabilized flight to The Lone Star. I decided to forgo the road test, never been real big on deferred gratification, life's too short.

The other good news is, my trusty KS-4 Kit will shortly be in the capable and talented hands of a notable aviation shooter in Austin Texas. Good news all around!

JWilsonphoto

Man Zim, you guys just shot some beauties. Wouldn't you like to hang out in that region for a couple of weeks with the Remos and the Cub and shoot until we're sick of it? That's some beautiful state you have Jay!

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

stevez wrote:
Jan-Arie wrote:
Cant wait for this movie to come out

So cool

Saw the trailer: looks like the hero is a cropduster (named Dusty Crophopper, of course) who mixes it up with Navy jets on a carrier. Yes, it's Disney/Pixar (I'm a fan), but how much will we have to suspend of our piloting sensibilities to enjoy the movie?

BTW, the Corsair is nowhere in sight in the trailer. Let's hope they rectify that omission in the film itself...

Well after sequestration takes full hold of things, crop dusters will be the new frontline fighter right?

JWilsonphoto

Was the scene you witnessed true to your post, or more like this?...............I remember AZ to have more saturation in early/late light.

1       2       3              3653      
       3655              4253       4254       end