Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3652

1       2       3              3652      
3653
       3654              4395       4396       end

Razor17
Registered: Oct 08, 2012
Total Posts: 351
Country: United States

The other girl...



cbrandt
Registered: Aug 03, 2006
Total Posts: 1486
Country: United States

So no one went to Fl for Sun N Fun ?



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 16411
Country: United States

I guess none of us went, except maybe the few that make their home in The Sunshine State. Scott Slocum headed down late last week for a couple of gigs. Like OSH, I've never made a dime from S'N'F and, unless a bunch of you are there, I've kind of lost my taste for spending a couple of grand to watch airplanes go round and round.



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 16411
Country: United States

Hey Guys and Gals,

I need to apologize to all of you re: the exchange between Paul and myself this afternoon. Not that it was some kind of inhospitable blow out, it wasn't.I just need to quit tossing a hand grenade into the fuel farm. You all know the principals I live by, and Whom I answer to, it's not necessary to belabor that here. Zim pm'd me and called me on it, and he was right on every count. Not only that, though our views vary widely on things social and political, there are few people I respect and enjoy more. He was right, and only someone who cares a great deal for a person would risk losing a relationship with honesty like that.

I apologize to Paul as well, though we aren't ever likely to move a silly millimeter toward each other on any of those points, it really matters not in the grand scheme. There are so many of you that I have grown close to and sincerely care about, I would not want to offend a single one of you and I'm sorry if I have, at any point, done that.



cbrandt
Registered: Aug 03, 2006
Total Posts: 1486
Country: United States

A local Pro is posting each day from Sun N Fun .. nice photos but not what I'd want to spend a ton of money travelin' to.



cbrandt
Registered: Aug 03, 2006
Total Posts: 1486
Country: United States

FlyingPhotog wrote:


In Other, Other News...

I'm looking for lodging for Oshkosh. Anyone interested in sharing space for the full Sunday to Sunday stretch?


Can you give me an idea what kind of money a guy's looking at for non member anything show tickets and lodging ?



astrobrian
Registered: Sep 27, 2012
Total Posts: 827
Country: United States

I saw no need for apologies Jim, but can also understand why you feel the need to. I too have often tossed many a grenade, and to a degree still do on facebook I try to keep them there and not let them bounce into my personal life too much.

Not much else to report here, I haven't even been at an airport in 2 weeks let alone any new shots of wings n things. Got a shoot to do Friday, no planes in it unfortunately. Tickets for Moto GP are on order, so will meet up with whoever is going there. It should be a fun little gathering of glass and class. Then will be going to the Temple air show.



astrobrian
Registered: Sep 27, 2012
Total Posts: 827
Country: United States

FlyingPhotog wrote:



This is some insane topography Jay, gorgeous capture!



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 16411
Country: United States

Yes, beautiful Jay! Glad you guys had so much fun!



FlyingPhotog
Registered: May 09, 2008
Total Posts: 4600
Country: United States

TYVM...

It was a terrific opportunity and I just tried to live up to it.



Rodolfo Paiz
Registered: Jan 07, 2007
Total Posts: 9758
Country: United States

Folks, I've missed you all. I'm somewhat active on the Tesla forums these days since my car arrived last week and I have a lot to learn, but I'm slowly clawing my way back in this direction as well. For now, a quick snapshot of the car during a shopping trip and a shot of Anya... how quickly they grow.

C&C appreciated on Anya's portrait if you have any suggestions... I rather like it.



Leviathor
Registered: Dec 20, 2005
Total Posts: 193
Country: United States

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Hey Guys and Gals,

I need to apologize to all of you re: the exchange between Paul and myself this afternoon. Not that it was some kind of inhospitable blow out, it wasn't.I just need to quit tossing a hand grenade into the fuel farm. You all know the principals I live by, and Whom I answer to, it's not necessary to belabor that here. Zim pm'd me and called me on it, and he was right on every count. Not only that, though our views vary widely on things social and political, there are few people I respect and enjoy more. He was right, and only someone who cares a great deal for a person would risk losing a relationship with honesty like that.

I apologize to Paul as well, though we aren't ever likely to move a silly millimeter toward each other on any of those points, it really matters not in the grand scheme. There are so many of you that I have grown close to and sincerely care about, I would not want to offend a single one of you and I'm sorry if I have, at any point, done that.



Likewise, my apologies for the long-winded arguing. As you've mentioned before, Jim, this group discusses everything, sometimes heatedly, but it's never a show of disrespect. If anything its evidence to the contrary, since non-PC topics aren't discussed with just anyone. The fact that this great corner of the internet is a bit more polarized in some of its its viewpoints tends to lead to more passionate arguments, and that's fine, too.

For what it's worth Jim, I apologize for jumping on you. I have great respect for you and what you've created here, and appreciate your feedback here and privately. This is a fantastic community, and every time you're planning a public photo mission I check to see if I can make it. One of these times, I will!



stevezzzz
Registered: Aug 01, 2010
Total Posts: 3512
Country: United States

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
Folks, I've missed you all. I'm somewhat active on the Tesla forums these days since my car arrived last week and I have a lot to learn, but I'm slowly clawing my way back in this direction as well. For now, a quick snapshot of the car during a shopping trip and a shot of Anya... how quickly they grow.


That can't be the same little girl we met last October at HQ: no way!

BTW, nice ride: the black w/gray wheels is bad__s! Tesla is looking like the first new American car maker in many decades with a good chance to succeed and perhaps grow into a major player. If nothing else, they hit one out of the park with the Model S.



futurshox
Registered: Feb 15, 2008
Total Posts: 2447
Country: United States

There's been a whole load of protests here in Austin this week with Elon Musk visiting the Capitol, something about getting Texas to let them sell cars here. Right now, I believe that if you want a Tesla in Texas, you can go and ogle them at the shiny new showroom in the Domain, but you have to order it from California and ship it back here yourself!

Very nice, Rodolfo :-)



Bill Gass
Registered: Feb 09, 2006
Total Posts: 3923
Country: United States

astrobrian wrote:
FlyingPhotog wrote:



This is some insane topography Jay, gorgeous capture!

I agree as well, beautiful shot.



stevezzzz
Registered: Aug 01, 2010
Total Posts: 3512
Country: United States

futurshox wrote:
There's been a whole load of protests here in Austin this week with Elon Musk visiting the Capitol, something about getting Texas to let them sell cars here. Right now, I believe that if you want a Tesla in Texas, you can go and ogle them at the shiny new showroom in the Domain, but you have to order it from California and ship it back here yourself!


All Tesla sales, to any state or country (Canada is, so far, the only other country where Model S has been delivered) are executed through the Tesla corporate website. There are no dealers, just service centers and galleries in malls and such where you can touch one and arrange a test drive. It's a whole different way of selling cars and the dealers lobby isn't well pleased. The auto dealer laws in Texas, unlike most of the other 49 states, won't allow Tesla to actually deliver a car to a customer with a Tesla employee present, to make sure everything's right and the customer is both trained on the systems and happy with the car. For cars sold to Texas, Tesla has to consign the car to a third party carrier and have it delivered to your home. You're on your own, both with figuring out the car and with licensing and registration.

How about a stereo pair or two? The first one is an example of an image where the 3D effect is essential to the photo: without it, there's no photo worth showing. I found this formation just outside Gallup, NM. The second one is from an escarpment in the Painted Desert north and west of Winslow.



MMcGrath
Registered: Apr 15, 2006
Total Posts: 2203
Country: United Kingdom

Rodolfo,

Try toning the highlights down a touch on the portrait. You seem to be losing skin tone and definition.



FlyingPhotog
Registered: May 09, 2008
Total Posts: 4600
Country: United States

Rodolfo...

Just one more opinion mind you but if you're going to go that far toward "high key," I'd consider B&W for processing...

Rock Feathers


(Might be a re-post, but it's now a proper edit...)



Jan-Arie
Registered: Dec 24, 2005
Total Posts: 3674
Country: Netherlands

You guys those landscape photo's are so cool



Jan-Arie
Registered: Dec 24, 2005
Total Posts: 3674
Country: Netherlands

Cant wait for this movie to come out

So cool

By the way for the plastic plane modelers among us
Tamiya released the next large scale model in the fighter series in 1/32 F4U-1 Corsair "Bird Cage"



1       2       3              3652      
3653
       3654              4395       4396       end