1       2       3              3649      
       3651              4273       4274       end

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16036

See how educational we are around here?

TOPP:

JWilsonphoto

Moto GP is in jeopardy for me. Seems '43 might need a couple of pix that weekend.

JWilsonphoto

But for now, I have a really important assignment......Weston's soccer game at 7:15. Wouldn't you know, while I was shooting the bridge Saturday night, Weston sunk a 3 pointer to tie his BBall game as the buzzer blew, then he sunk another in OT to win the game. And his Papa was shooting a bridge 12 miles away!

JWilsonphoto

Hey Zim, have you performed the firmware update on your D800 yet? One of the fixes is focus tracking. I just downloaded mine and will do the update when I get home tonight.

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3266

david russell wrote:
stevez wrote:
Aerial views of Casa Bonita in Chaco Culture National Historical Park, New Mexico, with a stereo-X pair.

I wanted to shoot it from the far side of the road so I could get the cliffs behind it and leave the road out of the frame entirely, but before I could reposition the airplane a cloud deck moved over and cut off the sun.

So the restaurant is named after something real? Who knew?

A brain fart: it's Pueblo Bonito, not Casa Bonita.

Casa Bonita, sheesh. I don't even like that restaurant.

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 2945

The rather rare V-Trail formation..

Glenn

david russell
Total Posts: 749

Glenn Watson wrote:

Glenn

No doctors were harmed in the making of this photo.

stevezzzz

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Hey Zim, have you performed the firmware update on your D800 yet? One of the fixes is focus tracking. I just downloaded mine and will do the update when I get home tonight.

Didn't even know about the update, Jim. I noticed some focus issues with the D800 on this last trip; maybe this update would have helped. Though I tend not to use continuous focus mode much for anything but moving aircraft and birds.

Wrei
Total Posts: 2206

Hey Mr. Zimm, "LIKE" Fred Miranda on FB and he will tell you about the updates, he also post them on the equipment forums.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1201925

Wrei
Total Posts: 2206

Glenn, you are at the envelope! Amazing.

stevezzzz

Glenn Watson wrote:

Glenn

Really nice, Glenn! What photo platform did you use that allows you to shoot out the left?

msalvetti
Total Posts: 2825

Steve, back in August, Jim asked for advice on an iPad app to display a portfolio. You started playing with your Portfolio app, and you seemed to like it.

I just picked up my first iPad, a refurb iPad3 (with Retina). I'm trying to decide between Portfolio, or one that Scott Kelby seems to like (FolioBook). Both are $13, so just trying to figure out which one to go for.

Do you still like Portfolio? What are other folks using?

Thanks!

Mark

JWilsonphoto

I'm kind of anxious to see what Steve says. I got Foliobook because Scott told me he liked it best. I like the look of it, but i'm still trying to get things in and out of the categories. The interface is not user friendly near as I can tell.

Glenn Watson

Hi Steve:
Using the old C172 lately - my Bonanza driver seems to prefer hanging out at his new beach house in Port Aransas on the weekend rather than flying me around for some reason ?? I don't get it.

Glenn

JWilsonphoto

I saw the update for the D800 while researching the D4X rumors. Man I'm jonesin' for that camera! Uh, and a Movi5. And a 1DC,

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4393

Glenn Watson wrote:
Hi Steve:
Using the old C172 lately - my Bonanza driver seems to prefer hanging out at his new beach house in Port Aransas on the weekend rather than flying me around for some reason ?? I don't get it.

Glenn

If you want to follow your Bo driver and annoy him, I know someone who owns a hotel in Port A...

I can hook you up.

JWilsonphoto

Good Gulf backdrops too!

Glenn Watson

Lets both go Jay and shoot some flying things! Lots of money at KRAS..

Hersch
Total Posts: 2539

Haven't been here in quite a while and don't have time to look over all the great images I have missed but thought I would post this here since I didn't see anything about it on the last couple of pages. The Navy has cancelled all remaining 2013 Blue Angels Air Shows. You can just Google Blue Angels to find out more. The city of Pensacola is working with all of the local Hotels, Motels, Restaurants and attractions to come up with over $100,000.00 to contribute to still having the annual homecoming event in November. Pensacola estimates loss of between one and two million dollars by losing this event. Grant

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4393

Glenn Watson wrote:
Lets both go Jay and shoot some flying things! Lots of money at KRAS..

Hmmm.... My June is wide open right now.

1       2       3              3649      
       3651              4273       4274       end