Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3646

1       2       3              3646      
       3648              4873       4874       end

futurshox
Total Posts: 2754

Are you sure that's not old news about Relentless? The news report Steve linked to says he was returning from SnF... Relentless was on his way there this weekend, and April 11th mentioned in the report hasn't happened yet this year!

Go4Long
Total Posts: 1984

maybe relentless has really bad but also really good luck.

futurshox

I've been searching for the last 40 minutes and can't find anything that's not from 2006... if he has gone down again, can someone link something please? He was having a spot of engine trouble on Saturday after the race, I hope it wasn't worse than he thought.

Chris Luvara
Total Posts: 145

futurshox wrote:
I've been searching for the last 40 minutes and can't find anything that's not from 2006... if he has gone down again, can someone link something please? He was having a spot of engine trouble on Saturday after the race, I hope it wasn't worse than he thought.

He did have another engine failure yesterday.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4975028808244&set=a.1396396304668.2055763.1075038265&type=1&theater

Chris

futurshox

Thanks Chris.

Damn!

david russell
Total Posts: 754

Wow, I read a bit about 42. That is some plane with a few spats of bad luck mixed in. Glad it all worked out.....from the look of the furrow it dug, I'd say that the pilot was once a farmer...that is a nice straight row.

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2864

david russell wrote:

Wow, I read a bit about 42. That is some plane with a few spats of bad luck mixed in. Glad it all worked out.....from the look of the furrow it dug, I'd say that the pilot was once a farmer...that is a nice straight row.

From the looks of it on Facebook he had quite the meal, plane is up on it's gear in the farmer's barn.

mikeengles
Total Posts: 316

Hello

This thread now runs to 3647 pages. Is is possible to jump to say page 1743?

Mike Engles

kwoodard
Total Posts: 4612

mikeengles wrote:
Hello

This thread now runs to 3647 pages. Is is possible to jump to say page 1743?

Mike Engles

On the list of pages at the top and bottom of the page, there are the three dots ... If you click on them, it will ask for a page number and viola!

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

Mike, just go to where your browser shows the url for the site, remove the 3646, and put in 1742 and that should get you where you need to be.

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3790

Or just change the number at the end of the URL to the page you want minus 1. (1742 in your example)

Glenn

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

Mikko, loving the brightness on those shots, very crisp

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4076

nrferguson wrote:
Razor17 wrote:
Jan-Arie wrote:
Hey Lynn and Curtis that is a Spitfire Mk. XIVe serial RN201

Here she is in 2004 at Duxford UK sporting the clipped wings one of the first shows using digital

Thanks Jan, where is she today?

Lynn

Spitfire F Mk.XIVe RN201 owned by Tom Blair and based at Kissimmee, Florida. Ex. Belgian AF as SG-31.

Apparently the supposed Griffin engine is a fake.
Niall

Niall what do you mean by the supposed Griffin is a fake? the RN201?
Will check tomorrow night.

But the RN201 was build in 1948 as a MkXIVe the E stands for the model wing it has so a E wing and was build with serial nr 6S/663417 build by Vickers Armstrong and is equipped with a Rolls-Royce Griffon 65 engine...

mikeengles
Total Posts: 316

Hello

Thanks for the page jump tips.
The 3 dots does not work for me, possible browser problem, but the url number does work.
Obvious really!

Mike Engles

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19073

I'll tell you what, Kevin Eldridge and I have been friends for a couple of decades and that guy is one sharp stick, but he's blessed with nine lives as well. I photographed him bailing out of the Super Corsair at the Phoenix 500 Air Races in the early 90's. He caught his foot in between the seat and the canopy rail, was 90% out in the slip stream with the Corsair trailing 100' of orange flame and black smoke, broke a number of things as he got bashed against the fuselage, managed to get free as the plane plummeted into the GM proving grounds. He deployed his chute at a ridiculous altitude and it barely in filled as the poor guy hit the ground. I was the shooter for the event so they rushed me out there to document the whole thing, not pretty. He is a great guy, and obviously very lucky.

kwoodard
Total Posts: 4612

mikeengles wrote:
Hello

Thanks for the page jump tips.
The 3 dots does not work for me, possible browser problem, but the url number does work.
Obvious really!

Mike Engles

If you have Java disabled on your computer, then the ... will not work. Least you have a work around.

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2864

JWilsonphoto wrote:
I'll tell you what, Kevin Eldridge and I have been friends for a couple of decades and that guy is one sharp stick, but he's blessed with nine lives as well. I photographed him bailing out of the Super Corsair at the Phoenix 500 Air Races in the early 90's. He caught his foot in between the seat and the canopy rail, was 90% out in the slip stream with the Corsair trailing 100' of orange flame and black smoke, broke a number of things as he got bashed against the fuselage, managed to get free as the plane plummeted into the GM proving grounds. He deployed his chute at a ridiculous altitude and it barely in filled as the poor guy hit the ground. I was the shooter for the event so they rushed me out there to document the whole thing, not pretty. He is a great guy, and obviously very lucky.

That's a very common mistake. Different last name spelling. Eldredge on the NXT. Happens all the time.

jj_glos
Total Posts: 1322

Fly navy

Prescott Bike Festival 2013 by jj_glos, on Flickr

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4071

I got up before dawn today, rousted Jay out of bed to take me to the airfield and lit out for home at first light, and a good thing, too: I felt the deteriorating weather nipping at my heels the whole way to Colorado. Jay, driving back to Phoenix, reported winds gusting to 50 and a sky obscured with blowing dust an hour or two after I departed. I saw plenty of blowing dust myself: the whole north end of the San Luis Valley was obscured and Ship Rock was enveloped in a wall of dust that reached up from the desert floor to the rotor clouds downwind of the Chuska Mtns. I got tossed about and saw my altitude vary from 10,500 to 9,000 and then 12,800 (I nearly got sucked into a rotor cloud) within the space of a minute or two, and there was very little I could do about it: one second I had the throttle firewalled, the next at idle. Thankfully, things settled down a little after that and I made it home (in record time) safe and sound. We're now battening down the hatches for the major snowstorm that comes on the heels of all that wind. Yes, folks, it's springtime in the Rockies!

Photographic evidence of a wild ride attached. I had to push the sliders pretty hard to get anything like full tonal range in this rendering: the unedited camera file shows a rectangle of nebulous, mottled blue-gray.

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4775

JWilsonphoto wrote:

That's a legendary and somewhat infamous incident out here...

Didn't know you had a connection Jim.

1       2       3              3646      
       3648              4873       4874       end