Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3645

1       2       3              3645      
       3647              4533       4534       end

RobMoser
Total Posts: 871

Jan-Arie wrote:
So far it looks like Isap 2014 is a Go.
Are there any more who are planning to go?

Unlikely I'd say.

Rob

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4084

What are the ISAP dates again? I think I have a conflict...

RobMoser
Total Posts: 871

April 3/5 2014

Rob

KZinnack
Total Posts: 168

yipDog wrote:
Wrote this to Jim earlier but I'll summarize here. Please don't go it alone. Find and join your local club and the AMA. And get a simulator (Great Planes Real Flight is my fav) It'll keep you in the hobby a LOT longer and with a lot more satisfaction.

KZinnack wrote:
In the past 10 years I've purchased and built 2 sailplanes, an electric park flyer (a Cub of course), a gas powered Duraplane (flying drain pipe), and a gas powered air boat. I have 2 brand new, never used, 10 year-old radios. That was my entry into R/C...I just couldn't bring myself to fly them....knowing full well I would turn each of them into a smoking crater of balsa and Monokote.

Then 6 months ago, during a brief episode of midlife crisis, I spotted a small R/C copter at the hobby shop...1 gift cert. and $30 later I was terrorizing my co-workers with my ham-fisted efforts as a chopper pilot. Somehow I haven't used any of the spare parts I purchased and 3 of my co-workers now have their own R/C helicopters. I have built up enough self confidence that I am now ready to give the R/C planes a go.

Thankfully I own a backhoe so digging that REALLY big hole will be quick and easy.

I saw that post and agreed with it completely. There was a club nearby but they lost their field, moved twice, and now I don't know if they still exists. I have 2 friends that are very accomplished R/C pilots and they have offered me considerable advice over the years.."including join a club." Had I joined a club 10 years ago I'd probably have a lot more than 4 planes. I am amazed at the impact that brushless motors and LiPO batteries have had on the hobby.

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19275

Dear Rob,

We have taken your advice to heart. Heading to the local R/C club strip tomorrow to check it out. Today was perfect, winds light and variable. Chandler had a friend over to play so he couldn't fly. The first text I got from him was around 11, "Papa, please don't fly our plane without me. I'll come over tomorrow." Weston was at our house so I thought I'd yank Chandler's chain a little, I had him text Chandler that he was about to do his first R/C departure Chandler immediately responded with, "Great! I'm about to see how high your new quadcopter can go before it loses the signal!"

JWilsonphoto

I got busy today and undecorated our digs, no small task. Feels good though, I'm going to hit 2014 running, refreshed and with a load of work on the calendar. Just got a new Airbus assignment for mid February and my 74-800i is arriving in a few days.

JWilsonphoto

FYI, somehow I goofed and only ordered one RRS plate for my two 1DX bodies, so I had them send me another. While I was at it, I decided to get their tripod bag to protect that pricey ball head, it came today and it's typical RRS, very nice. My Gitzo and the 55 head dropped in the bag perfectly. I don't mind spending a few extra bucks with people who make excellence the standard. I'm thinking about the new fluid head they are releasing in the near future, looks wonderful!

Once again, thanks to Zim for lighting the spark there.

JWilsonphoto

We'll miss you guys at ISAP 2014. The full press release should be out in a few days, it's going to be a good symposium. Larry Grace is one tirelessly dedicated guy, I can tell you that. I'm not going to let the details slip in advance, but there will be some primo shooting opportunities at 2014, and a great presenter line up.

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

I'm not one to normally toot my own horn, but I was fortunate enough to get a few shots, and back cover published in this months CAF Dispatch magazine.

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/629ffb2d#/629ffb2d/8

Edit TOPP, one of the shots published

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 2444

Congrats Brian, a terrific accomplishment.

JWilsonphoto

Well done Brian!

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

Thank you gentlemen. I owe a lot of the credit to the MA2A family, and the things I have learned here, and will learn in the future undoubtedly.

Ryan Harris
Total Posts: 149

A few of my favorite F-4. Expect to see more of her for 2014.

Donald Gray
Total Posts: 2306

stevez wrote:
You haven't been keeping up, Donald! I posted that link a week or two ago, ...

You are absolutely right Steve - I have been away for so long, that if I didn't miss a few pages, I would never catch up

Besides, it is such a stunning sequence, it is worthy of a second mention!

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 9317

Definitely worth tooting your horn for that Brian. YAYYYYY!

NightOwl Cat

To celebrate the New Year upon us, I'm going to repost this link and help spread the love around again. Other than my return to school, I'm most proud of this video that I helped record video. I hear there will be another done next year, so looking forward to that call when it comes.

" target="_blank">Where There Is Love

edit to fix URL

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4096

Laura the Links shows a clip from the Monkeys ?

Saw edit nice tunes Laura all the best for 2014

NightOwl Cat

YIKES Jan-Arie, fixed it . Glad it was only The Monkees though

KJindaUK
Total Posts: 646

Wishing everyone a fantastic New Year from London. I look forward to seeing the images from all your adventures in 2014!

Here's a London photo taken on Sunday during a helicopter flight. All the best for 2014! Best wishes, Kev

DSC_5357 by airpowerimages.com, on Flickr

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4096

Great one Kev all the best for the new year

1       2       3              3645      
       3647              4533       4534       end