/forum/topic/600984/3644

1       2       3              3644      
       3646              4306       4307       end

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 2975

Glenn

Glenn Watson

Not the best looking plane I've ever seen, but the push to talk button is the missle fire trigger on the stick handle so that counts for something..

Glenn Watson

Glenn

Wrei
Total Posts: 2221

Ask...and Glenn will deliver!

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16103

misster wrote:
I was looking forward to see some mindblowing shots of beautiful aircrafts again, and had to check I was in the right topic...

What is going on, pictures of almost anything else than aviation ?

A big disappointment for us from countries where we don't have an opportunity to attent shows more than every other year.

I hope the best and purest topic on this site finds back to it's roots - not to say wings ! :-)

What?! I mean...what?! MA2A is what it is and I think there's plenty of aviation in our 3645 pages. Our roots are the family that meets here daily.

mmniemi
Total Posts: 598

White, white, white...

Mikko

mmniemi

Where's Waldo?

Mikko

JWilsonphoto

Tim Ashton wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
Fresh off the press. Risking life and limb was well worth this image. The D800 and this scene were a match made in heaven. Didn't even think about pulling the 1DX's out of the bag. Could be my favorite image of 2013...........

with talent like that you could get a gig with National Geographic

Great shot, by a man who knows his work

Tim

Thank you Tim! How's your "little" girl doing? I hope very, very well. BTW, Remember the story a zillion pages back about Nat Geo asking me to send my portfolio, then sitting on it for four months, culminating in it's return with a letter from an assistant to an assistant, suggesting that I might seek another career path? I think it went something like, " We here at NG know the photographic industry better than about anyone and it is our opinion that you do not have the talent to succeed as a professional photographer." Well, I can't say that reading that wasn't a punch in the mid section, but then I decided that my current W-2 was already multiples of what the assistant to the assistant was taking home, so I just kept on shooting.

Driving home last night I felt very thankful. First that I wasn't mowed down in a drive by, robbed and tossed in the Trinity River, and second that I am Blessed to do what I love every single day of my life. For all of us, pro, serious amateur, fledgling beginner, to have a passion for the still image that drives us, keeps us chasing ever better images and techniques, brings us here with friends, photography is a blessing, one for which I am most grateful.

JWilsonphoto

"Where's Mikko?!"

JWilsonphoto

Well done Glenn! This Spring green is wonderful, isn't it!

mmniemi

JWilsonphoto wrote:
"Where's Mikko?!"

Somewhere over the... hmmm... clouds...

Mikko

tom cardin
Total Posts: 1991

Jim, You have two pieces of art. I really like the openness of this type of bridge. I was wondering where this bridge was, but anymore. Sweet.

Tom

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3367

Jay and I launched in the Remos just as the Sun cleared the eastern horizon. Light winds, smooth air and best of all, the high cirrus deck that bedeviled us yesterday was nowhere to be seen. A little hazy, but otherwise perfect shooting conditions. Bundled up in our woolies, we spent a couple of hours between 4500' MSL and 8500' MSL out over Lake Powell and the vicinity. It's easy to burn two hours without getting very far from base when everywhere you look is something ever more spectacular that the last thing you shot.

Turns out we flew pretty much directly over Rainbow Bridge without realizing it...but I doubt if it's much to look at from the air, anyway.

Before Jay and I give you the glories of nature, here's a stereo-X pair of the Navajo Generating Station, shot just after we lifted off.

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4500

Insignificance...

It was a most excellent morning hop...

Wrei
Total Posts: 2221

Jim, I think most of the "spring green" comes from the winter wheat and spring corn plantings. Sorry not A/C related, but it does put bread on the table!

The wheat field is my farm; in the distance you can see my northern neighbors corn field in front of the tree line.

cbrandt
Total Posts: 1486

Jim - I don't think I'd want to be sitting on a Falcon 10 then, but the one shown is based here, and there is http://www.airrepaireaston.com/pages/airframes.php which lists them as one of the planes they specialize on. Flight line told me there were 2 Falcon 10's in the barn for maintenance too.

Been trying to ID the Spitfire I and Razor put up .. thinking it's a Spirfire XIV ?? anybody have any thoughts. Will definitely take more shots and include the N.umber in the future for reference !

Razor17
Total Posts: 316

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Or if you happen to be a vertical kind of person...................

Well done Jim, that's just down the street from Ray's Hardware, they can cover your back...

rkelley
Total Posts: 518

Just checking in after a bit of an absence, hope everyone is well.

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3555

Hey Lynn and Curtis that is a Spitfire Mk. XIVe serial RN201

Here she is in 2004 at Duxford UK sporting the clipped wings one of the first shows using digital

cbrandt
Total Posts: 1486

Thanks Jan-Arie !!

Is there any chance of these planes having the same paint job .. cuz if not, she's been around the block for sure I think my static was from 2011 - don't know why I didn't photograph her last year. It was taken in Easton, Md

Great to have an ID on this plane !

1       2       3              3644      
       3646              4306       4307       end