Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3643

1       2       3              3643      
       3645              4304       4305       end

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16100

Or if you happen to be a vertical kind of person...................

Go4Long
Total Posts: 1522

flash with a beamer to freeze the flag maybe? :P thinkin outside the box.

Cool looking bridge, and great shots Jim. Glad you survived

JWilsonphoto

Thanks Steven. My guess is I'll lose the flag and pole entirely in the final comp. Freezing it would only draw more attention to it and make it look artificial to boot. BTW, another miracle is that these are tack sharp, 25G35/ocnl45.

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4494

Just a little taste of what Zim and I flew over today. Flat out stole 40 minutes of good light!

JWilsonphoto

Beautiful Jay!

JWilsonphoto

The 1DX's did earn their keep earlier today at the most successful wake park in the country.................

FlyingPhotog

Thanks Shooter...

So disappointed that they never built the wake park near me that had been green-lighted. Pretty sure it was the same outfit as yours.

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3355

It's true: when I landed at 3:00pm in Page, Jay was there to meet me. There were some nasty, gusty crosswinds on landing: first time I've rejected a landing in the Remos since I don't know when. Anyway, the light when I landed was just awful: a high cirrus deck had cut off the sun and the hazy air didn't help much, either. But we repaired to the hotel and kept an eye on the weather: when a break in the cloud deck loomed on the northwest horizon, we rolled out to the airfield and launched about 40 minutes before sunset. The first ten minutes and the last ten minutes, the light was still for s__t, but the twenty or so minutes in the middle were exactly what was meant when they said, "f/8 and be there!".

Lots of stuff in the can, can't wait to see it all. Here's a taste of golden hour on the shores of Lake Powell...

JWilsonphoto

D agony of d feet.........................

JWilsonphoto

Nice Zim!

FlyingPhotog

BTW Jim, Love the bridge shots!

Good to hear from you tonight!

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 2975

Wow - Lake Powell is awesome! I see some potential for air to air in that area as well! Cool stuff guys.

JWilsonphoto

A brief reminder of how spoiled we've become. I shot the equivalent of 200 rolls of 36 exposure film between the hours of 3 and 8 today. At yesteryear's technology prices that's 200 x $20.00, or 4 grand in film and processing in an afternoon. No wonder I used to spend 75K on film in a year, and about the same for processing. Those 32GB/1000X cards look really reasonable when you look at them in that light!

JWilsonphoto

FlyingPhotog wrote:
BTW Jim, Love the bridge shots!

Good to hear from you tonight!

Thanks Jay! Great talking with you Guys!! Have fun, be safe.

FlyingPhotog

Glenn Watson wrote:
Wow - Lake Powell is awesome! I see some potential for air to air in that area as well! Cool stuff guys.

Reference Bombardier images by Paul Bowen and Clay Lacy.

And they didn't even base out of Page. They based out of the east side of Phoenix at Mesa Gateway!

misster
Total Posts: 526

I was looking forward to see some mindblowing shots of beautiful aircrafts again, and had to check I was in the right topic...

What is going on, pictures of almost anything else than aviation ?

A big disappointment for us from countries where we don't have an opportunity to attent shows more than every other year.

I hope the best and purest topic on this site finds back to it's roots - not to say wings ! :-)

Tim Ashton
Total Posts: 3067

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Fresh off the press. Risking life and limb was well worth this image. The D800 and this scene were a match made in heaven. Didn't even think about pulling the 1DX's out of the bag. Could be my favorite image of 2013...........

with talent like that you could get a gig with National Geographic

Great shot, by a man who knows his work

Tim

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

Jim, something about the vertical one seems "off", and the flag to me adds a flavor to the shot letting the viewer know there was something going on in the shot. Awesome either way.

Steve and Jay, patience paid off for sure! You guys nailed some great ones there.

futurshox
Total Posts: 2389

Don't panic Misster, there'll be plenty of aeroplanes soon, I might even have one or two to share myself later but the house needs cleaning first (ugh!).

Jim and Jay and Steve, you guys have been doing Fine Things!

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 2975

Wings you say Misster?

Glenn

1       2       3              3643      
       3645              4304       4305       end