Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3631

1       2       3              3631      
       3633              4395       4396       end

Larry Grace
Total Posts: 128

In the April 2013 issue of ISnAP / International Society for Aviation Photography

- Preparation Meets Opportunity : Jim Wilson and Glenn Watson

- Aviation Imaging Has a New Look : Paul Bowen

- Fly Days At The Heritage Flight Museum : Mike Luedey

- A WWII Memory Comes Alive : John Rinquist

- Air to Air With the 48FW USAFE : Mike Green

- Color Workflow : Lightroom Magazine

- ISAP-XII Symposium Details

- Mystery Ship : Jay Miller

You can view and download the current issue, as well as past ISnAP issues, by going to:

http://www.issuu.com/isaporg 
http://issuu.com/isaporg/docs/isnap201304

If you have a problem with the link to the current issue, copy and paste the link in your browser.

To download your copy you will need to sign up via your email address and note that it's free to download the current and past issues of ISnAP.

The International Society for Aviation Photography is an international nonprofit organization whose membership spans the entire spectrum of aviation and aerospace photography. It includes full-time professional photographers, graphic artists, writers, historians, editors, publishers, pilots, and serious enthusiasts.

Membership is open to anyone interested in aviation and aerospace photography. We hope to see you at an event or online soon!

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16413

Thanks to Larry and ISnAP design guru Kevin Hong for doing an extra special job on Glenn's article. Text not withstanding, I think it's the most beautiful issue yet! Congratulations Glenn! Well deserved!!

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3166

I'll have to second that and add a big thank you to shooter for the idea and putting in the work - i dont know what to say - its such a special treat to see and i'm happy to be able to share it with everybody here.

Glenn

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3674

I say that's something else to wake up to well done Glenn and Jim great article and fun to read way to go, and Jim thanks for sending some sun my way it's finally shining

R.Reijne
Total Posts: 534

Already two weeks+ since i took this one at Williams-Gateway.

Want to go back....

Roel.

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Thanks to Larry and ISnAP design guru Kevin Hong for doing an extra special job on Glenn's article. Text not withstanding, I think it's the most beautiful issue yet! Congratulations Glenn! Well deserved!!

Great work all around on that one for sure, excellent writing and photo choices

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3513

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Nice work Brian. That last one with the "corpuscular" rays (credit to Zim) is wonderful.

Tip of the hat to Glenn. Not only does he quietly, but unceasingly polish is talent, he does the hard work of knocking on doors, not succumbing to the temptation to shoot for free (and that we all know that is a very difficult fence to straddle) to get the experience. He deserves a pat on the back for his diligence, and I think he just got one from the Collings Foundation.

Those of you who hang your cameras here in The Great State of Texas, know what a beautiful day this Easter Sunday turned out to be. I launched out in the Cub mid afternoon and could not convince myself to land (except for 12 gallons of 100LL at SWI), until a few minutes ago. Warm temps, visibility to Lubbock, and light winds, enhanced further by the vivd early spring green bathed in beautiful light........it was wonderful! I love that little yellow airplane.

Quick correction: those are "crepuscular" rays, Jim.

Absolutely agree with you about Glenn. His double-V tail shots add an exclamation point to an incredible week's worth of A2A work.

Easter Sunday was equally beautiful here in Colorado: just not as green.

JWilsonphoto

Yeah, what Zim said!

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1959

JWilsonphoto wrote:

The March and April 2013 ISnAP issues are the best ever IMHO. Let me add my kudos to Larry and Kevin - great job gentlemen. These issues are also special because MA2A alumni are prominently featured. Well done Jim, Glenn and Mike. BTW, the written word in both issues was pretty darn good Jim

JWilsonphoto

Thank you Jeff! Just fueling up a JetRanger for another round of aerials, it's an incredible day here in The Lone Star, with rain moving in this evening so I gotta hustle.

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2203

Good work guys.

Wrei
Total Posts: 2291

Don't know if an outsider was suppose to have access to the ISnAP Mag, so thanks for letting me sneak a peak! You know it's a great article when the story, writing and illustrations are equally superb! Great job Jim and Glenn!

Jan-Arie

Mig Killer

Bill Gass
Total Posts: 3923

Jim, your already a TOP DOG photographer but I'd be watching my six with Glenn around. Glenn, you've done some bad azz work lately and it's absolutely beautiful my friend, keep heading the direction your going. ( but keep an eye on shooter as well )

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2203

Just uploaded my 1st timelapse video to Vimeo.

Take a journey from Manchester to London in 1 minute.

http://vimeo.com/63103733

Jan-Arie

Boss Bird

jj_glos
Total Posts: 1254

This thread always delivers, but I can never keep up with it! Just over a month until the first airshow of the year for me, I can't wait! This was from the show last year, the tail is soft probably due to using a 70-200 with a cheap 2.0tc on a 1Ds2 and the angle of shot? I still haven't got a proper long lens, but now also have a 7D again so hopefully will be using the sweet spot...

Abingdon Airshow 2012 by jj_glos, on Flickr

A couple of revisits in B&W as well

Jan-Arie

MMcGrath wrote:
Just uploaded my 1st timelapse video to Vimeo.

Take a journey from Manchester to London in 1 minute.

Cool stuff Mark I Like it

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4600

Props all around for a great ISnAP Issue!

Heard from EAA and Crosswind Images will be present again at Oshkosh in 2013!

Something from 2011 washed through Nik HDR. Wish I'd shot just one more frame a stop darker to hold back the sun hole just a little more. Need to go look at original frames to see where the strange wave effect is coming from above the left wing tip. <headscratch>

dswiger
Total Posts: 6571

Sweet shot. Skyway to Heaven!

Dan

1       2       3              3631      
       3633              4395       4396       end