Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3627

1       2       3              3627      
       3629              4533       4534       end

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19275

Having a quiet dinner by myself at LaMadeleine. Thinking about all the good friends I've taken here. Just a few feet away is the table where Glenn accepted Christ a few months before he met Him Personally. Ten feet away, the table where Zim and I had breakfast after AFW 2012. I love great memories.

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4085

I remember that fireplace, Jim, and the conversation at breakfast. Good times...

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4085

Here's another item for the Amazon wish list...

http://www.pdnonline.com/gear/MoVI-M10-Camera-Stab-9669.shtml

JWilsonphoto

I actually had a deposit with them for over a year, but asked for it back because there was no news and, it appeared, very little progress. As a designer Zim, what do you make of that? And, where does the 14K come from? Are those components that difficult to construct? LaForet's demo reel oh so long ago was very intriguing.

JWilsonphoto

futurshox wrote:
Here's some helicopter pilots who understand the physics of pendulums: http://kottke.org/13/12/helicopter-xmas-tree-harvest

That is amazing Lady Jo. Remember my assignment on Vancouver Island a number of years ago? Same deal. There was a guy standing on the road whose sole responsibility was to time the "turns" (the total time from drop off to drop off again) of the helicopter. If the pilot fell below a specific number, the number that represented profitability, he/she was relieved of their duty and someone who could make those numbers was brought in. We were "flying wood", each bundle could weigh 1,500 to 3,000 pounds depending upon size and moisture content. The pilot never knew exactly what he had on the end of that cable until he was pointed the other direction trying to lift it on the run. I photographed from the helicopter for a couple of hours one morning and I swear you thought a blade had departed when he pivoted and headed back with the next load. I had one leg in the cabin and the other out on the skid so I could shoot back into the helicopter..........yeah, crazy.

JWilsonphoto

I figured what could go wrong, the weather was perfect and the terrain was no problem......................

JWilsonphoto

We were so remote our JetA had to be trucked in in 55 gallon drums..............

JWilsonphoto

What in the world was I smiling about?! I pretty much figured this was my last assignment.................

JWilsonphoto

A "clear" day.....

JWilsonphoto

No preview screen, no "serendipity", only 40 degrees, rain, and instinct.

JWilsonphoto

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

If Obama can have a selfie, so can I. Did a little fun bit today to be put on Christmas cards.

JWilsonphoto

All shot on EOS 1N bodies with Kodachrome and Ektachrome 64 film, "old school" for sure. Man did I have my fingers crossed all the way back to Dallas.

ELinder
Total Posts: 1071

I'm about 15 pages behind because I've been shooting more horse competitions. Between now and spring I'll do about 8 total. Nothing like people wanting about 2 thousand photos taken over multiple days to be processed and posted the same day. :-) I'm livin' at ISO 10,200 almost constantly. This gig would not have been possible without the D4ís great high ISO performance, big f/2.8 glass, and Lightroom's noise reduction.

Erich

JWilsonphoto

I haven't mentioned it, but ever since I went to Mavericks, I get crud like this in Photoshop. It's not really on the image, but it's a pain nonetheless................ Shows up all the time.

PDumm
Total Posts: 204

Jim, That is one large dust spot. Garden hose may help a little.

JWilsonphoto

I also get a black strip that blocks the file name in the saving mode. Very annoying. I suppose it will vanish with an update at some point, but it's directly connected to PS/Mavericks.

JWilsonphoto

Nice work Erich. The D4 must be better than the D800 as far as noise. The 800 isn't bad, but Steve and I have both discovered that the 1DX is marginally better than the D800 at higher iso settings (nowhere near the iso's your shooting though).

JWilsonphoto

If your exposures are pretty clean, you can save a lot of time batching those files in LR. That's largely what I use LR5 for.

JWilsonphoto

One of the "old" Globals went out for a romp this morning....................

1       2       3              3627      
       3629              4533       4534       end