Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3484

1       2       3              3484      
       3486              4381       4382       end

ELinder
Total Posts: 558

Still working on the Cleveland airshow.

Erich

Edit: Does the forum upload software recompress images? There's a lot more noise in this sky than in the file I uploaded.

Colin Giersberg
Total Posts: 2114

Beautiful shot of Horseshoe Bend, Jay.

DanNehmer
Total Posts: 274

Laura,

That is awesome!!!! I wish you all the best, I went back for my masters in engineering after working several years. It was a fantastic experience, hard work, long hours, and still one fantastic experience. Good luck! And if you lived in Iowa I'd be happy to tutor math and science.

Dan

DanNehmer

Jay,

Just loved the Horseshoe Bend shot. Beautiful.

Dan

USM IS
Total Posts: 1265

The Iowa "Strike Eagle" squadron at work......had to show that Mr. Wilson's MKIV still has it!

skyhawkpilot
Total Posts: 576

astrobrian wrote:
Andrew,
Grand tour indeed, nice shots! I was a bit on the young side when I went as the shot shows hehe. Have not been to the NBL yet, but that vertical crew cabin rings a childhood bell as being the one I was in. Times have changed and only gotten better with me and the shuttles.

That tour was one of the coolest tours I have ever taken. I think its my favorite next to the Shuttle missions I covered while in school. It is a shame that they ended the Shuttle Program.

Wrei wrote:
Interesting note about the consoles. Underneath each console is 40' of cable for each interface for every piece of hardware inside each cabinet. (Consider there are 3 unix workstations, 2 FDDI comm stations, etc., that's a lot of hardware!) We did not spec that in our drawings, so when I saw the NASA on-site contractor rolling up the extra cable and lay it under the floor on the cable tray, I ask him "why?". He said they had to do that in case the Flight Director or other operation manager wanted to move their console. I told him the center was designed with a distributed architecture, so all they would have to do is to move to the console of their choice and log in. Of course he answered, "I do what I am told". Your gov't dollars wisely spent. Of course, the building 30 lobby has a silver hammer award from Al Gore for saving the Gov't money! Go figure.

Interesting Facts Wrei. 40' of cable for each computer? Here I thought my Tower Sim System was complex with lots of cable.

msalvetti wrote:
Wow Andrew, thanks for that series. That must have been amazing. I once had tickets for a Shuttle launch that got scrubbed, and I traded them in for a Cape Canaveral Then and Now tour, which for me was pretty awe-inspiring in and of itself. I can't imagine what your access must have been like - I wouldn't have been able to sleep for days in advance.

Mark

Your welcome! I have plenty more where those came from. I personally have not taken the Then and Now tour, but I did see a lot of the older launch complexes while I covered NASA/Air Force Launches in college. I didn't sleep for a while after that tour, or before and after any of the shuttle missions I was fortunate witness. I kept having dreams of going into space. Then woke up and realized, I wasn't. I always wanted to go to at least space camp, but never did.

Jan-Arie wrote:
Good stuff Glenn and Andrew
J.A.

Thanks J-A!

DanNehmer

Mike,

Awesome work on the "Strike Eagles". Those are wonderful shots.

Dan

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16337

Hi Mike,

So happy you are enjoying the IV. You are very kind Buddy, but the quality of those images is all about the hands holding the camera, nicely done! How about I come up and shoot some eagles with you sometime?

JW

JWilsonphoto

Not at liberty to disclose anything at this moment, but I've got a little deal in the works at KTKI. If it all pans out it could be a sweet one. The suspense shouldn't last long, there's a short fuse on it. More to follow.

JWilsonphoto

Very sketchy at this point but if we can put together some cool subjects to shoot over Northern California, who would be in for a photo seminar followed by an invitation to shoot with me on the B25? PM or email me if you're interested and I'll keep you apprised as things solidify. We have one beautiful 51 and a Mustang Jock with a big smile confirmed, working on more.

USM IS

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Hi Mike,

So happy you are enjoying the IV. You are very kind Buddy, but the quality of those images is all about the hands holding the camera, nicely done! How about I come up and shoot some eagles with you sometime?

JW

I would be dang proud to shoot Eagles with you anytime sir!

Mike

USM IS

DanNehmer wrote:
Mike,

Awesome work on the "Strike Eagles". Those are wonderful shots.

Dan

Thank you very much Dan. You need to come over to #14 sometime!

Mike

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9758

I'm enjoying my new little Nikon. The IQ is definitely not in DSLR territory... but considering it stayed with me at all times whereas the D800/24-70/70-200 certainly wouldn't have gone everywhere with me -- including waist-deep into the ocean surf -- I guess the best camera is the one you brought with you.

My home-away-from-home for the last four days... where the pool and the ocean were so good, even the hammock didn't get much use! First shot is of the main house from the pool, while the night shot is of the "rancho" area, between the pool and the Pacific.

Edited to fix the copyright year.

Rodolfo Paiz

The first sunset of the new year, and I'm happy to report that Dad is doing just fiiiiiine...

Wrei
Total Posts: 2258

Rodolfo, glad your father is doing well. I guess that Houston humidity didn't hurt.

Rodolfo Paiz

Not at all, the old man is doing swimmingly. I always say, the first miracle is that he's alive at all. The second, and entirely additional, miracle is that he's in such great condition. His memory -- especially his short-term memory -- is definitely very weak, and conversations now include lots of repetition; and his body is stiff and inflexible, so that walking and getting into or out of a chair is a big effort.

But he's of sound mind and body, he's "all there" including his sense of humor, and he may potentially have another 20 years of the good life ahead of him. He has to keep fighting and moving and taking therapy to avoid very rapid aging and decay... but he hasn't complained, and I'm sure as kittens not going to!

Rodolfo Paiz

JWilsonphoto wrote:
A few days ago I was in a serious conversation with JR about what types of aircraft I'd like to own.

I decided to give this one some thought too when you mentioned it. First and foremost, I still want that PC-12. Nothing does more of the things I want to do, in the ways I want to do them, than that particular airplane. But time spent with this group, and at HQ, has also convinced me that I'd enjoy something small, slow, and that can be flown with the doors off. Don't know what that might be yet, or when.

For now, I'm grateful to have Emma. God bless that 414, and may she carry us many more miles yet.

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1930

Rodolfo - the images of your father are excellent. Great character in his face and a wonderful glow in his eyes. Terrific news on his good health.

Go4Long
Total Posts: 1592

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
I decided to give this one some thought too when you mentioned it. First and foremost, I still want that PC-12. Nothing does more of the things I want to do, in the ways I want to do them, than that particular airplane..

Beechcraft is rumored to be coming up with plans for a Turboprop Single that they're claiming to be equal in performance characteristics...I read the article, it contains all kinds of interesting things about the possible future for beech.

http://www.flyingmag.com/aircraft/pistons/beechcraft-reveals-plans-new-turboprop-piston-models

Whether it would be wise to pursue an airplane from a manufacturer that has had some notable issues with finances of late is another question entirely.

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3136

Who in the airplane business DOESNT have notable issue with finances of late?

1       2       3              3484      
       3486              4381       4382       end