Fantail shots New 1x4 TC tests
/forum/topic/511119/0

aladyforty
Total Posts: 1711

I have just got the EF 1x4 X 11 extender/ TC and these are some of my first images testing it out with my only L lens, the 70-200 F4 L..

Alex Paul
Total Posts: 3944

Looks sharp to me .....

aladyforty

Alex Paul wrote:
Looks sharp to me .....

Thanks, I applied a minimal amount of sharpening with the high pass filter on a duplicate layer at 60 opacity.

aladyforty

and one last one I intended to upload. Im not sure if this is a baby or not but it sure was vocal

Dave In La
Total Posts: 7072

look pretty good. The 70-200 is not noted for top Q with a TC, but it works for small closeups quite satisfactorily. When you get a 300 or 400 prime, that will be a super converter.

Like the look in #5....looking at you and sqwalking!!

davidearls
Total Posts: 3507

Color! It's been winter so long here, I'd forgotten about color. Love the color in these images, it reminds me it will be spring and summer some day here too - the sharp detail of the birds against the color in the bgs works for me -

aladyforty

Dave In La wrote:
look pretty good. The 70-200 is not noted for top Q with a TC, but it works for small closeups quite satisfactorily. When you get a 300 or 400 prime, that will be a super converter.

Like the look in #5....looking at you and sqwalking!!

Thanks, im very happy with the IQ of these. will be some time before I can afford any prime lenses

aladyforty

davidearls wrote:
Color! It's been winter so long here, I'd forgotten about color. Love the color in these images, it reminds me it will be spring and summer some day here too - the sharp detail of the birds against the color in the bgs works for me -

We are just at the end of summer here. Its been long and dry. thanks for taking the time to comment