First Concert - Critique away!
/forum/topic/1182539/0

Silva
Total Posts: 2

Hi everybody! I'm very excited and nervous to be here. I'm a beginner in the photography world so I would really appreciate your honest feedback. I'm a sponge willing to learn as much as I can.

This is a picture I took on my first paid job. It was a concert... My favorite Spanish singer (Joaquín Sabina) so I was shaking the whole time.

I am aware of my mistakes, but I would love to hear what all of you have to say.

Thank you in advance!

Wobble
Total Posts: 739

Welcome to FM. Nice shot. You caught him in a very intense pose leaning forward with fists clenched giving his all. I would have liked to have seen more of his eyes. Face looks a little hot probably due to spot lights and makeup reflection. Think of your composition and how you could have used the background from another vantage point to make the image really pop.

Steve Wylie
Total Posts: 1246

Not bad at all for your first outing. The first thing I'd do with this is crop out the guitar head in the lower left corner. Another thing you could do, if the file is large enough, is do an extreme crop, either horizontal or vertical, including only the singer. The guitarist in the back is a distraction. If his head weren't bisected by the mic stand, he might be an acceptable contextual element, but as it is, he should probably go.

Steady Hand
Total Posts: 15596

Steve Wylie wrote:
Not bad at all for your first outing. The first thing I'd do with this is crop out the guitar head in the lower left corner. Another thing you could do, if the file is large enough, is do an extreme crop, either horizontal or vertical, including only the singer. The guitarist in the back is a distraction. If his head weren't bisected by the mic stand, he might be an acceptable contextual element, but as it is, he should probably go.

+1

Good critique.

Silva
Total Posts: 2

Thank you so much for your critique! Really Really good!

sozypozy
Total Posts: 600

For a first timer I think you've done a great job! The picture is crisp and your picture is so action full!