D7000 problems
/forum/topic/1182396/0

rick2906
Total Posts: 934

I got the Err error on my top lcd screen a week ago but my the problem disapear!! Now a new icon show up on my lcd screen and my mirror seem to be stuck!! I can't af,shutter doesn't work,live view won't light up,can't acess menu or display info. Anyone here had a similar problem

Gregstx
Total Posts: 599

Have you tried a new or different battery?

rick2906

yes but it didn't make a difference, both battery are on the low side but my camera should still work. I'll put one on the charger and will see but I highly doubt it is the problem but I could be wrong

mike-in-ak
Total Posts: 220

I believe the icon on your LCD is telling you the White Balance (WB) is set for Florescent Light. You can change it.

Consult your manual and do a two button reset or a default reset to return the camera to factory settings.

rick2906

Already tried the reset didn't work! Nothing works anymore, shutter, rear LCD screen, af on back button all dead!!

rick2906

Ha,ha!! I guess I over reacted because I had the Err message a week ago, afte charging the battery a little everything seem to be fine!!

runamuck
Total Posts: 6966

That is NOT the WB indiocator. That is the battery indicator. When it flashes, it means the battery is nearly dead and the camera just refuses to operate. Charge batteries completely before placing them in the camera.

rick2906

Sorry about my newbieness!!! It never happen to me before because I have a battery grip and never run out of juice!!!

No the picture I've show was the wb fluorecent setting, I saw the battery flashing before but never make my camera stop working. never seen that wb icon because I either wba1 or set it myself with a gray card

here'e the picture I've post before

NathanHamler
Total Posts: 2357

Are you using a 3rd party battery grip??

rick2906

No I bought the really expensive official nikon from b&h brand new!! Wish I had discover this forum sooner!! I have nothing against b&h, all the contrary!! They have the best customer service and cheap shipping to canada but there's good deal to be found here in the buy and sale forum!!!

NathanHamler
Total Posts: 2357

Hmm typically this happens when using a 3rd party grip..what happens if you pull the grip off all together?? Any change??

mike-in-ak
Total Posts: 220

runamuck wrote:
That is NOT the WB indiocator. That is the battery indicator. When it flashes, it means the battery is nearly dead and the camera just refuses to operate. Charge batteries completely before placing them in the camera.

Nope, it is the White Balance indicator showing that it is set for Florescent.

The battery indicator is in the upper left corner of the control panel. Please refer to page 8 of the D7000 User Manual.

rick2906

No everything in good working order now!! Mike-in-ark was right it was the wb fluorescent, it was the first time I saw it because I always use auto1 or do a custom wb white a grey card!! The only problem was that both my battery were running low which never happen before! I charge them up and it is running like a champ!! I just freak out because not too long ago I got the Dread Err message on my top lcd and my mirror got stuck!! I was shooting my nephew speed skating in the arena and it was a little bit cold. After a few hours warming up in my house and shooting 10 to 15 pics it start working again.

here's what im talking about :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TacDYaWIsy4