Two Sisters
/forum/topic/1181870/0

danlona
Total Posts: 499

First photo shoot today and of the new year

Danny

Eyeball
Total Posts: 3785

Interesting set with a kind of "lifestyle", yet somber feel.

#1 I really like the environmental aspects to this one (girl, beach, roller coaster?). Squatting poses don't bother me as much compared to some folks but I do think the pose puts a little more pressure on her expression. Is it "somber" or "pensive" or is it "I'm really uncomfortable in this squatting pose"? The brightly-lit back of the hand-on-knee is a little distracting and not the most attractive.

#2 looks like you yelled at them or something. Younger girl's fingers are cropped, too, although I understand wanting to crop above the bottom of the skirt. And yet it is a compelling image for me - in part because I think it is a very interesting/flattering shot of the older girl. I would, however, be tempted to lighten the skin tones and probably convert it to B&W. Cyan-toned skin tends to look dirty to me and I think you could maintain the somber tone here without it.

#3 Cute and playful. Almost a catalog/fashion shot (in a good way).

#4 Nice and somber but I can't help wondering if it would have been a more solid portrait with the following:
- Eliminate the upper crab-hand.
- Bring the other hand more down on her shoulder so it shows the side, rather than the back of the hand. Showing more neck might also help slim the face a bit.
- I would probably go with a 10x8 crop keeping her eyes in the ROT point.

I like your style in these and the fact that you're trying some different things.

danlona
Total Posts: 499

Thanks Eyeball, I really appreciate the CC's I'm still learning looking at all the small details which can effect the overall look to it. I'm trying the somber and serious look for this series and at the same time fashion and cinema style to it, because the older girl has that Jennifer Lawrence to it..lol but thanks for your input

Danny