Orchid
/forum/topic/1180968/0

1
       2       end

Martin Hack
Registered: Sep 24, 2006
Total Posts: 52
Country: United States

I think that the opening bud makes this image.



Rob Tillyer
Registered: Nov 17, 2007
Total Posts: 13977
Country: Canada

Very nice, I think the composition makes the image.

Rob



PaulCal
Registered: Dec 08, 2006
Total Posts: 2792
Country: Canada

Love it, very nice



Martin Hack
Registered: Sep 24, 2006
Total Posts: 52
Country: United States

Thanks all.



harshaj1
Registered: Mar 13, 2004
Total Posts: 18502
Country: United States

Beautiful.
Harsha



birdied
Registered: May 02, 2010
Total Posts: 23852
Country: United States

Very lovely shot Martin .

Birdie



Karl Witt
Registered: Jul 11, 2007
Total Posts: 32924
Country: United States

Well you might say I quite like florals and Orchids present one of the biggest challenges for DOF and finding a reasonably clean BG especially when in a planted garden.
I like your shot a lot, I agree the open petal bloom is unique. Though the red in the BG is a little distracting it sets the stage that this Orchid was in a planting and for that reason the BG works nicely
I have one thing that bugs me a bit and seems to interrupt the nice comp/flow you have and that is the vertical stem goint up to the Orchid flower, might be something to consider cloning out if you care to consider?

Very pleasing image, well presented and photographed IMO

K



KCollett
Registered: Jul 02, 2010
Total Posts: 23764
Country: Canada

Very pleasant image Martin. Well done!!



Conrad Tan
Registered: Dec 08, 2007
Total Posts: 28400
Country: United States

Gorgeous



kmunroe
Registered: Feb 02, 2010
Total Posts: 29875
Country: Canada

very nice image Martin



Martin Hack
Registered: Sep 24, 2006
Total Posts: 52
Country: United States

Karl,

Based on your suggestion, I quickly cloned out the vertical stem. I think that it's just about right now, looking, as you put it, "relaxed".

Thanks



Karl Witt
Registered: Jul 11, 2007
Total Posts: 32924
Country: United States

Looks very nice Martin on the rework^^cloning can be a little tricky, going to PM you a few thoughts

K



Tom Hicks
Registered: Feb 16, 2003
Total Posts: 23155
Country: United States

Good job , I would have to say at least for me, this is one of the hardest flowers to get a good comp on.



gregfountain
Registered: Jun 21, 2009
Total Posts: 6644
Country: United States

Well exposed beauty here Martin! My only nit is the cropped off stem leaving the frame to the right. I don't seem to mind the vertical stem as it "supports" the flower. Great job with the color!

Greg



Karl Witt
Registered: Jul 11, 2007
Total Posts: 32924
Country: United States

gregfountain wrote:
Well exposed beauty here Martin! My only nit is the cropped off stem leaving the frame to the right. I don't seem to mind the vertical stem as it "supports" the flower. Great job with the color!

Greg


I understand your take Greg though the one exiting is by far more 'attached' to this flower as shown by its sharpness For me Orchids seem to be more of an arching type of display than a vertical one.........If the vertical one was left in place and the horizontal one removed to me it would look odd



gregfountain
Registered: Jun 21, 2009
Total Posts: 6644
Country: United States

Karl Witt wrote:
gregfountain wrote:
Well exposed beauty here Martin! My only nit is the cropped off stem leaving the frame to the right. I don't seem to mind the vertical stem as it "supports" the flower. Great job with the color!

Greg


I understand your take Greg though the one exiting is by far more 'attached' to this flower as shown by its sharpness For me Orchids seem to be more of an arching type of display than a vertical one.........If the vertical one was left in place and the horizontal one removed to me it would look odd


Agreed Karl! I would't ask him to "remove" the horizontal branch, just try to capture more of it when taking the next shot. That's all



Karl Witt
Registered: Jul 11, 2007
Total Posts: 32924
Country: United States

gregfountain wrote:
Karl Witt wrote:
gregfountain wrote:
Well exposed beauty here Martin! My only nit is the cropped off stem leaving the frame to the right. I don't seem to mind the vertical stem as it "supports" the flower. Great job with the color!

Greg


I understand your take Greg though the one exiting is by far more 'attached' to this flower as shown by its sharpness For me Orchids seem to be more of an arching type of display than a vertical one.........If the vertical one was left in place and the horizontal one removed to me it would look odd


Agreed Karl! I would't ask him to "remove" the horizontal branch, just try to capture more of it when taking the next shot. That's all


I knew I was confused



gregfountain
Registered: Jun 21, 2009
Total Posts: 6644
Country: United States

Karl Witt wrote:
gregfountain wrote:
Karl Witt wrote:
gregfountain wrote:
Well exposed beauty here Martin! My only nit is the cropped off stem leaving the frame to the right. I don't seem to mind the vertical stem as it "supports" the flower. Great job with the color!

Greg


I understand your take Greg though the one exiting is by far more 'attached' to this flower as shown by its sharpness For me Orchids seem to be more of an arching type of display than a vertical one.........If the vertical one was left in place and the horizontal one removed to me it would look odd


Agreed Karl! I would't ask him to "remove" the horizontal branch, just try to capture more of it when taking the next shot. That's all


I knew I was confused


I seem to have that effect on people



surfnron
Registered: Dec 17, 2004
Total Posts: 31879
Country: United States

Nicely done Martin ~Ron



Martin Hack
Registered: Sep 24, 2006
Total Posts: 52
Country: United States

Thanks everyone. I've learned a bit here - basically to be careful!



1
       2       end