Orchid
/forum/topic/1180968/0

2       end

Martin Hack
Total Posts: 52

I think that the opening bud makes this image.

Rob Tillyer
Total Posts: 13977

Very nice, I think the composition makes the image.

Rob

PaulCal
Total Posts: 2792

Love it, very nice

Martin Hack

Thanks all.

harshaj1
Total Posts: 18502

Beautiful.
Harsha

birdied
Total Posts: 23852

Very lovely shot Martin .

Birdie

Karl Witt
Total Posts: 32924

Well you might say I quite like florals and Orchids present one of the biggest challenges for DOF and finding a reasonably clean BG especially when in a planted garden.
I like your shot a lot, I agree the open petal bloom is unique. Though the red in the BG is a little distracting it sets the stage that this Orchid was in a planting and for that reason the BG works nicely
I have one thing that bugs me a bit and seems to interrupt the nice comp/flow you have and that is the vertical stem goint up to the Orchid flower, might be something to consider cloning out if you care to consider?

Very pleasing image, well presented and photographed IMO

K

KCollett
Total Posts: 23764

Very pleasant image Martin. Well done!!

Conrad Tan
Total Posts: 28400

Gorgeous

kmunroe
Total Posts: 29875

very nice image Martin

Martin Hack

Karl,

Based on your suggestion, I quickly cloned out the vertical stem. I think that it's just about right now, looking, as you put it, "relaxed".

Thanks

Karl Witt

Looks very nice Martin on the rework^^cloning can be a little tricky, going to PM you a few thoughts

K

Tom Hicks
Total Posts: 23155

Good job , I would have to say at least for me, this is one of the hardest flowers to get a good comp on.

gregfountain
Total Posts: 6644

Well exposed beauty here Martin! My only nit is the cropped off stem leaving the frame to the right. I don't seem to mind the vertical stem as it "supports" the flower. Great job with the color!

Greg

Karl Witt

gregfountain wrote:
Well exposed beauty here Martin! My only nit is the cropped off stem leaving the frame to the right. I don't seem to mind the vertical stem as it "supports" the flower. Great job with the color!

Greg

I understand your take Greg though the one exiting is by far more 'attached' to this flower as shown by its sharpness For me Orchids seem to be more of an arching type of display than a vertical one.........If the vertical one was left in place and the horizontal one removed to me it would look odd

gregfountain

Karl Witt wrote:
gregfountain wrote:

Greg

I understand your take Greg though the one exiting is by far more 'attached' to this flower as shown by its sharpness For me Orchids seem to be more of an arching type of display than a vertical one.........If the vertical one was left in place and the horizontal one removed to me it would look odd

Agreed Karl! I would't ask him to "remove" the horizontal branch, just try to capture more of it when taking the next shot. That's all

Karl Witt

gregfountain wrote:
Karl Witt wrote:
gregfountain wrote:

Greg

Agreed Karl! I would't ask him to "remove" the horizontal branch, just try to capture more of it when taking the next shot. That's all

I knew I was confused

gregfountain

Karl Witt wrote:
gregfountain wrote:
Karl Witt wrote:
gregfountain wrote:

Greg

I knew I was confused

I seem to have that effect on people

surfnron
Total Posts: 31879

Nicely done Martin ~Ron

Martin Hack

Thanks everyone. I've learned a bit here - basically to be careful!

2       end