Images Appear OOF unless magnified D600
/forum/topic/1179970/0

rdris
Total Posts: 18

Hey guys,

On my D600, when I'm previewing an image on the LCD screen it appears to be OOF unless I zoom in once. When I do that, my images appear in focus and not as OOF. Am I doing something wrong or is it just my eyes playing tricks on me?

Thanks

Slug69
Total Posts: 1071

Welcome to hi res pics being displayed on monitors that are relatively low res. its not your eyes.

rhyder
Total Posts: 3785

What you are doing wrong is judging the focus from your LCD screen............

BenV
Total Posts: 7833

rhyder wrote:

You didn't know? A 3" lcd screen is the best way to judge sharpness of a 24ml image

rdris
Total Posts: 18

Thanks for the reply guys! This is the first time I've experienced seeing the results like this. I was able to get a sense of whether or not the image was in focus on my previous cameras (D40, D90, D7000) just by looking at the screen.

M Lucca
Total Posts: 1040

one person's OOF is another person's IF when it comes to LCD previews. Best to output output to your favourite imaging software and check.

DontShoot
Total Posts: 1970

I have to press ++++++ this many times just to check if an image is in focus on my D600. So I'd say normal.

runamuck
Total Posts: 6810

BenV wrote:
rhyder wrote:

You didn't know? A 3" lcd screen is the best way to judge sharpness of a 24ml image

A 24ml image is a bit less than an ounce liquid! Any more and it would probably leak from the LCD!