A fortune telling bird
/forum/topic/1178110/0

pinball_pw
Total Posts: 2452

I haven't been active in a while, but I thought it might be good to be back. I shot this over Thanksgiving in Mexico. The bird comes out on request, chooses a fortune, rings a bell, accepts a treat, and then returns to the little house.

I thought about moving the bell as it's position leaves a bit to be desired. This does not differ much from the RAW image off the camera. What do you think should be done?

Hopefully if nothing else, this puts a little smile on your face

- Paul

Bob Jarman
Total Posts: 6352

Great focus and image "telling a story".

I think I'd leave it alone except to remove the rail at bottom and hand offering the treat (distraction) or, move it closer which CS6 can supposedly handle but I have never succeeded in using the clone-move tool.

Fun image

Bob

RustyBug
Total Posts: 13040

+1 @ Bob

AuntiPode
Total Posts: 6817

I like it. Where did the bird get the bad toupée?

Maybe a bit of a crop and some retouching?

pinball_pw

Thank you Bob, Kent, and Karen. I appreciate the input. Seeing the bar and some of the bits of seed gone, it does look better. I'm glad my angle allowed you to see his toupee as that was pretty funny.

Cheers - Paul

gneto
Total Posts: 197

Lovely image. I also wish the hand was closer, and agree the bell could be in a better position.
Perhaps if you could somehow mute the radioactive colors on the left, it would make the bird "pop" comparatively...

And yes, I'm smiling right now

pinball_pw

Thank you Gustavo - all good thoughts.