center-pinch lens caps
/forum/topic/1177635/0

2       3       end

pipspeak
Total Posts: 2539

Not sure why Canon refuses to switch to center-pinch lens caps, but I'm annoyed that after spending several grand on the new 24-70 I have to go out and buy a new lens cap for the darn thing. C'mon Canon!

Anyone have any recommendations for center-pinch caps on Canon lenses? Any that should be avoided? I'm planning on just getting the $5 fotodiox version

lowa2
Total Posts: 2281

Olympus has GREAT pinch caps. Sturdy, thick plastic that never falls off.

TheBearman
Total Posts: 103

Canon center pinch have been announced...guess they're not available yet.

Edit: Take that back...they are available is a few sizes...just small (43 and 52 at the moment).

robstein
Total Posts: 1221

I use Tamron caps on most of my lenses... They just work better and are cheaper then the big brands as well......

lancemoreland
Total Posts: 545

I order the generic ones from ebay. They are cheap, well made and work.

StarNut
Total Posts: 1631

I love the center-pinch cap I got with my Sigma 50/1.4. So it lives on my most-used lens (24-105).

spdntrxi
Total Posts: 405

Eos-m came with center pinch... Just get them ebay for the rest

jcolwell
Total Posts: 20882

Well, considering that you're an avowed "Canon L-junkie", then things ain't so bad, eh?

P.S. I prefer Tamron caps, too, but I also use some generic centre-pinch caps from eBay. Heavystar and fotodiox_gear are decent eBay sources.

pipspeak
Total Posts: 2539

OK, thanks all... sounds like el-cheapo generics from China will work just fine (I bet all the camera companies get their lens caps from the same factories)

lancemoreland
Total Posts: 545

pipspeak wrote:
(I bet all the camera companies get their lens caps from the same factories)

Yep, Mine look identical to the Nikon ones without the Nikon logo. You can even get them with the Canon logo if you like.

scalesusa
Total Posts: 2381

Here is a assortment i bought off ebay, under $2 each including shipping. The largest is 82mm.

timbop
Total Posts: 6345

robstein wrote:
I use Tamron caps on most of my lenses... They just work better and are cheaper then the big brands as well......

+1

jcolwell
Total Posts: 20882

I've bought 86mm centre-pinch caps from eBay seller digital-winway. I recently bought 82mm centre-pinch caps from a local Henry's store.

Kiki D
Total Posts: 64

I"ve recently purchased a 72mm pinch type Nikon Cap from a seller in Hong Kong through eBay for under $2 - I will say although the cap looks the same as the OEM, it surely isn't - the cap is constantly falling off by the slightest touch - so looks may be deceiving impo

rebelshooter
Total Posts: 881

robstein wrote:

+1

Gochugogi
Total Posts: 9684

I saw a picture of the EF 35 2.0 IS USM and it comes with a center pinch cap. No biggie for me as I don't use caps (delays getting the shoot by a couple seconds).

jasonpatrick
Total Posts: 1393

I ended up picking up the pro master versions at the local camera shop. 6 bucks or so. They work great.

rxgolf
Total Posts: 1341

Nkon pinch caps are on my white lenses. If I could use black Nikon paint I would prefer that too. Maybe it is just me, but the Nikon finish seems a bit more durable? Back to topic :-)), the Nikon caps have always worked well.
Greg

rprouty
Total Posts: 6837

Tamron

Tim Brooks
Total Posts: 173

Tamron caps.

2       3       end