Leica X2 Paul Smith limited edition
/forum/topic/1176458/0

2       end

ReneMurea
Total Posts: 1540

Looking on eBay for a Leica X2 I came accross a Leica X2 designed by Paul Smith (??), in orange, yellow and green leather and all that for a mere $4k plus. Am I the only one finding the colors ridiculous on a Leica camera? I mean, it's like going out to shoot with some Tupperware. Add to that taupe leather case it comes with and you have a mini colourful Christmas three. Btw, Merry Christmas everybody

ken.vs.ryu
Total Posts: 3543

Waiting for the Apple designed leica.

rattymouse
Total Posts: 4919

Looks like it was designed by the same guy who did the Harlequin Golf model from years ago.

carstenw
Total Posts: 15968

I like it (the Leica)

LightShow
Total Posts: 5142

That's tame for Leica:

http://tech.mikeshouts.com/spruce-up-your-leica-d-lux-5-with-colors-via-colorware/

edwardkaraa
Total Posts: 7671

carstenw wrote:
I like it (the Leica)

Me too

DocsPics
Total Posts: 2547

Goes hand in hand with the avitar

Lotusm50
Total Posts: 6228

ReneMurea wrote:
Looking on eBay for a Leica X2 I came accross a Leica X2 designed by Paul Smith (??),

Are you suggesting you don't know who Paul Smith is?!!

ReneMurea

Lotusm50 wrote:
ReneMurea wrote:
Looking on eBay for a Leica X2 I came accross a Leica X2 designed by Paul Smith (??),

Are you suggesting you don't know who Paul Smith is?!!

Not until yesterday, then I did a google search, saw his style and prices and I realized why I've never heard of him.

carstenw

LightShow wrote:
That's tame for Leica:

But those are not from Leica, but 3rd party.

carstenw

DocsPics wrote:
Goes hand in hand with the avitar :D

Which avatar???

DocsPics
Total Posts: 2547

Original post. ( I can poke fun here having once been a Beemer owner myself .....thank goodness I grew out of that. Routine service costs were bankrupting me )

edwardkaraa

So what is the purpose of this thread exactly? To bash a product that you do not intend to buy, you cannot afford, and that was not targeted at you in the first place?

Spyro P.
Total Posts: 2900

cool colours

michael49
Total Posts: 5450

edwardkaraa wrote:
So what is the purpose of this thread exactly? To bash a product that you do not intend to buy, you cannot afford, and that was not targeted at you in the first place?

I can afford it, but I think I'd rather burn my money than to give it to Leica or Paul Smith to support future development of similarly ugly and overpriced crap.

Xtobolic
Total Posts: 106

edwardkaraa wrote:

+1, to each his own.

Mescalamba
Total Posts: 3298

Reminds me K-01..

But its not that barfable.

edwardkaraa

michael49 wrote:
edwardkaraa wrote:

I can afford it, but I think I'd rather burn my money than to give it to Leica or Paul Smith to support future development of similarly ugly and overpriced crap.

That is a very strong statement, full of hatred. And secret envy

ReneMurea

edwardkaraa wrote:

You are so easily offended. Why do you care what others think about kitch art? I was just making fun of Mattel. I mean Leica.

edwardkaraa

ReneMurea wrote:
edwardkaraa wrote:

You are so easily offended. Why do you care what others think about kitch art? I was just making fun of Mattel. I mean Leica.

I am not offended at all and I couldn't care less. Not a shareholder in leica either

I just find this kind of threads very petty no matter what the product being bashed.

2       end